Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    novels and movies are different and you are a bad critic if you cant understand that.
    And? Of course they are different medias and you can explain a lot of things in a novel. You can even show the freaking inner thoughts, which is impossible in a visual media.

Doesn't change the fact that numerous events shown in the novelization are missing in the movie and we know that it had at least 40 minutes cut from the current theatrical version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    I preferred the ORCS RAPED DRAENEI WOMEN version of this, but in a SJW and feminazi ridden world, they went for the safe workaround. Can't blame them.
    sjw and feminism= bad
    rape= good

ok
    Be feared, or be fuel

Hopefully they never add Med'an into the movie lore or things could get awkward now. XD I prefer the original backstory, but I guess that wouldn't work with how they're trying to make the orcs much more likable/sympathetic than they were at that time in the game canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    So Garona is now Half-Human/Half-Draenei instead of Half-Orc/Half-Draenei??
    no she isnt human, she just LOOKS human, we see the first time the portal is opened to the human world, she was already grown up
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    sjw and feminism= bad
    rape= good

ok
    It's a better story. But it's probably for the best that movies only reflect unicorn reality where everyone is happy, has candy for lunch and fart rainbows.

In other words:

SWJ and Feminist = bad -> YES
    Rape = good -> NO, but makes for a good story and reflect the brutality of the situation.

Now go fart some rainbows and have tea in the candy house.

i'm very glad you posted here. people need to see that you gross people exist. lol
    Please, do enlighten me as to why you personally refer to me as gross. You can disagree with me, that's fine and all, do you just feel triggered? It's okay to be salty sometimes, but don't drag me in.
    Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2016-06-03 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post

Rape = good -> NO, but makes for a good story and reflect the brutality of the situation.
    I actually agree with you on this, having rape in the story adds a bit of realism. I don't think anyone can deny that rape is a very big part of war, especially invasions like these. If that occurred then it would make the movie more impactful but since it's not happening, oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

From what I remember Garona's original story way back was that she was half orc, half human and that orcish warlocks used fel magic to bring her and other children to physical maturity in order to bolster the number of fighting age warriors they had available to them. Given that up to that point Medivh was kind of the only human the orcs really had much contact with, him being her father would make sense.

Then, at some point ( Around the same time they decided to have Garona and Medivh produce a little ball of divisive contention personified, iirc.) they made Garona into half-orc half-draenei instead. Kinda wish they could change her back to her original story in game too, but that's probably just because it was what I was used to for so long.
    Last edited by Isaelyn; 2016-06-03 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sjw and feminism= bad
    rape= good

ok
    Nobody is suggesting that rape is good. Quit being autistic.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    having rape in the story adds a bit of realism
    how much "rape" would you suggest before it becomes unrealistic ?
    Be feared, or be fuel

Go home, troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

no she isnt human, she just LOOKS human, we see the first time the portal is opened to the human world, she was already grown up
    If Medivh is her father then she is Half-Human.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    I would guess that the movie is going in its' own direction to simplify things.
    The problem is, I don't even know where the movie IS going.

Stormwind has not fallen. The way the ritual was presented is, as if, five-hundred orcs are now stranded in Azeroth since the portal is closed and Gul'dan needs Medivh to reopen it. Plus, the Alliance is apparently "formed" by Llane's death.

Are they going to jump to the Second War (which will make no sense)? Are they going to jump to Green Jesus aka totally-not-Spartacus? Or are we going to have another movie of Stormwind vs Orcs?

medivh is her lover, not her father
    Be feared, or be fuel

Here we go... Having rape every other second takes away from the impact that it would have. So if someone was raped every minute it would be distasteful more than anything. Having that one scene where it's explained how she was the product of rape would add flavor to her character in the movie imo. Since that doesn't appear to be the case however, there's nothing I can do about it. I'm still gonna watch the movie and this plot change isn't gonna affect my opinion on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Here we go... Having rape every other second takes away from the impact that it would have. So if someone was raped every minute it would be distasteful more than anything. Having that one scene where it's explained how she was the product of rape would add flavor to her character in the movie imo. Since that doesn't appear to be the case however, there's nothing I can do about it. I'm still gonna watch the movie and this plot change isn't gonna affect my opinion on it.
    Well, there was one scene that she alluded to being raped. So yeah, there is your rape flavour :P

Anyway, Garona's background was the least of the movie's problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Someone be kind and explain this to me, please.

Are the movies(s) running in a different direction of the Warcraft lore just because they want to appeal to a broader audience, or are they actually rewriting the lore through the movies? I surely hope it is not the latter.

Another thing... If Medivh is Garona's father.. And .... The Thing... You know... umm...

*sigh* I didn't want to open this can of worms but here goes. Is the thing a product of incest in this telling of the lore?
    the warcraft movie has its own lore.
    you can look at it like an alternate universe.

Formerly known as Arafal

medivh is her lover, not her father
    Not in the movie canon apparently. Didn't you read OP?
    Medivh is her father, and we know her mother is a Draenei. Meaning that she isn't even related to Orcs at all anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm very glad you posted here. people need to see that you gross people exist. lol
    So anytime someone has rape or murder in a story for dramatic purposes/storytelling it means they're gross and the people who found the story to be good are also gross? Man I thought the show Oz was pretty awesome back in the day so I must be hella gross cause someone got raped or murdered every other episode. Adebisi...ugh

Edit: but yeah I don't even care that the movie lore is fucked. Everyone I know that's seen it has told me what a piece of shit it was. I think my friends who never played WoW disliked it the most which is saying something for sure. They wanted to appeal to a broad audience and apparently failed miserably trying so. I called that this movie would bomb ages ago though. When I heard how rushed it was I knew it wasn't gonna go well. And the actors. Paula Patton has never done anything good. But anyways I'm going off topic now since this is about the lore butchering and not the movie itself.
    Last edited by Beet; 2016-06-03 at 07:58 PM.

So who is her mom? An orc Medivh got busy with decades ago?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Are you comfortable with fathers having kids with their own daughters ?
    do you like medan so much you cant imagine a world where he does not exist?

- - - Updated - - -

Not in the movie canon apparently. Didn't you read OP?
    Medivh is her father, and we know her mother is a Draenei. Meaning that she isn't even related to Orcs at all anymore.
    wtf, her mother is an orc. she wears her tusk around her neck. she was burned by the other orcs because she gave birth to what they considered a cursed child.
    the proud and strong ppl medivh was referring to were the orcs.