Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, go for it, you'll have fun as a first time experience, it's also on sale atm for $5.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why would that affect a NEW player? A new player will have tons to do in the 2 months leading up to it.
    A new player will have a terrible first impression of the game when everything is rushed with overgeared characters around.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    A new player will have a terrible first impression of the game when everything is rushed with overgeared characters around.
    And it is 2 months till Legion. By the time they hit 100 and have bits of gear Legion will be out. It still takes a while to level without Heirlooms as a new player believe it or not. Also you cannot predict what someones impression of a game will be. Different people like different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to, go for it, its old content still makes it one of the best game console/PC included, solo play is a huge part of the game.

But you need to know that it will have a great impact on your social life, make sure you have a real work first and if you have a family/girlfriend you'll have to restrict yourself else it can be disastrous.

Just like any very good and long other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    If you want to, go for it, its old content still makes it one of the best game console/PC included.

But you need to know that it will have a great impact on your social life, make sure you have a real work first and if you have a family/girlfriend you'll have to restrict yourself else it can be disastrous.

Just like any very good and long other games.
    Family/Girlfriend? What are these mysterious things you speak of?

10+ Year Old Account
    Family/Girlfriend? What are these mysterious things you speak of?
    Ancient times ways to have a happy life

Ancient times ways to have a happy life
    peasants!
    10/charidioticmmocrules

Quote Originally Posted by Soccio View Post
    Damn man, you really love wow so much that you're on a website dedicated to wow.

Anyway if you're a new player it'll be fun and mainly with the new expansion coming.
    I loved WoW, not anymore, i'm only checking the warcraft movie threads.

7+ Year Old Account
    I played hardcore when TBC was out, and I think after Cataclysm it went to shit.
    But I still play to level toons to 100, and kill time.

I miss when it used to be crazy for raiding, get home, ready to raid for 6 hours, go to sleep, repeat.
    But nonetheless, still fun to play and definitely worth a shot cause you can play a free trial

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccio View Post
    Damn man, you really love wow so much that you're on a website dedicated to wow.

Anyway if you're a new player it'll be fun and mainly with the new expansion coming.
    I don't play anymore, and I very rarely dip into the WoW sections, but this site has a hell of a lot more than just WoW posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by ProZypher View Post
    so obviously everyone knows what world of craft is but here is the thing i have never played it ever but people always talk about it so i wanted to know is it worth it to play for the first time in the new upcoming dlc would love to hear your thoughts on what i should do
    Yes.

You can get the whole game for 5€ (battlechest) which includes 1 month of gametime. It would be also great to Play it with friends as this game was made for that(that's what I did as well).

I wouldn't recommend you to just try out the free Version, as this one doesn't show you anything about the actual game (the game really starts at max lvl or at least lvl90) and it is very very cheap anyways...

15+ Year Old Account
    If I started it in this day and age I would probably enjoy it. Give it a try I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I'd say yes. As a new player you will always find something to do.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't get the 90 boost anymore.
    A 100 boost comes with the new expansion, replacing the 90 boost included in the last one.
    @Topic: No harm trying the trial up to level 20. That doesn't really represent the game, anymore, since most of that content is old and ugly and doesn't use a lot of the new questing and phasing tech. But it's free, so why not?

A lot will change with the expansion, though, so I wouldn't get used to how any spec plays.

7+ Year Old Account
    yes you should

Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    It was worth it 10 years ago. Stay away till they release a new version of it. There are plenty of other mmo's out there that are superior. WoW is outdated and designed for casuals, might as well play overwatch over this crap.
    wod sucked ass, yes, but its still good for new players.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sure. There's enough content in old areas to keep you busy, unlike the rest of us who have done it already.

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't it only 5 dollars on amazon right now? I see no reason not to try it out for at least a month at only 5 dollars.

Why would that affect a NEW player? A new player will have tons to do in the 2 months leading up to it.
    I'd say there is really no point for a new player to join now, spend the time to get a character to max level, JUST start to learn abilities and rotations etc.. simply to throw all the work into the meat grinder for the Legion ability pruning/changing. Who knows if they would even like that toon anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    I'd say there is really no point for a new player to join now, spend the time to get a character to max level, JUST start to learn abilities and rotations etc.. simply to throw all the work into the meat grinder for the Legion ability pruning/changing. Who knows if they would even like that toon anymore
    There's more than gameplay in a video game especially in a game like wow. Seeing that you have a FF7 picture on your avatar I assume you already know that so I don't get your statement.

There's more than gameplay in a video game especially in a game like wow. Seeing that you have a FF7 picture on your avatar I assume you already know that so I don't get your statement.
    Essentially yes, for a hardcore gamer at least...

For someone picking up the game for the first time, playing on and off for a bit and getting to 100 etc.... then having that entire character changed, and hoping its going to be changed into something they like and will continue to play is a gamble at best