considering where it got moved, it is practically removed for the first raid tier, at least. hopefully there is another numerical tuning push very soon because the current situation makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    Yeah that's the issue with shadowcrash. In an ideal situation it is pretty good, but like you said you usually don't have stuff living for 90 seconds.....you never really get to utilize the strength of shadowcrash on CD.
    yeah, there are a lot of things that could make it better (I really think one of the easiest to implement would be to have shadowcrash cooldown get reduced by 1 or .5 seconds every time mindsear deals damage), but the fact that shadowcrash's aoe is SMALLER THAN SUNFIRE CLEAVE RANGE just makes me completely baffled. plus sunfire is uncapped aoe due to dot spread, and instant, and ...

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    someone compared bladestorm to 3 shadow crashes. what a time to be alive.
    Not only that, but Shadow Crash is only starting to compare favorably to Bladestorm after it was nerfed by nearly 50%.

Thanks, Blizz!

So I have some thoughts about what path I plan on taking, but what are your guys thoughts/opinions? Most recent change to the artifact path threw my previous plan out the window.

I am not sure what is my plan so i think I will go:

1. Sinister Thoughts
    2. Sphere of Insanity
    3. Mass Hysteria
    4. Call to the Void

I was originally going to go Sphere of Insanity, however it's actual damage has been pretty low for me. Mass Hysteria seems to be a better option IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    considering where it got moved, it is practically removed for the first raid tier, at least. hopefully there is another numerical tuning push very soon because the current situation makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, there are a lot of things that could make it better (I really think one of the easiest to implement would be to have shadowcrash cooldown get reduced by 1 or .5 seconds every time mindsear deals damage), but the fact that shadowcrash's aoe is SMALLER THAN SUNFIRE CLEAVE RANGE just makes me completely baffled. plus sunfire is uncapped aoe due to dot spread, and instant, and ...
    The easiest to implement would be to make it fit our new playstyle, and reduce the cooldown based on haste. Sure it would not be a huge reduction, but it would be more intuitive than a tying it to another spell.

I really want a beta key so I can go on the Beta forums and ask "Why do 2/3rds of the Shadow 100 talents suck? Did you intend them to suck?"

"Also, why is Moira not a priest champion?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I really want a beta key so I can go on the Beta forums and ask "Why do 2/3rds of the Shadow 100 talents suck? Did you intend them to suck?"

"Also, why is Moira not a priest champion?"
    Moira is a leader... having a leader as a class champion would be hella weird.
    @Djriff : i'd go Mass Hysteria => SoI just because of the traits leading to both of them. They increase MB damage/dots damage/overall shadow damage whereas call to the void has lol MSear buff and lol 10000000000 self heal traits.

They should make ShadowCrash passive and like "when MSear hits 4+ mobs, shadowcrash is casted on them" with the damage going off before the animation ends. tho i think it might require a SC damage nerf but you get the idea.

Homophobia is so gay.

@Ilir, that's what I was thinking as well. Although going to Call to the Void isn't a bad idea if you wanted to go the survivability route.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    So I have some thoughts about what path I plan on taking, but what are your guys thoughts/opinions? Most recent change to the artifact path threw my previous plan out the window.
    I am going to rush IMMEDIATELY to mass hysteria. After that I am not sure. Mass hysteria is the base of our spec's ability to scale imo and surrender to madness is absolutely dead without it. I'd probably go sphere next just based on how close it is to mass hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Void siphon -> Death's Embrace -> From the shadows -> Mind shattering -> Mass Hysteria. Then: Thrive in teh shadows -> To the pain -> Creeping shadows -> SoI. Then: Thoughts of Insanity -> Sinister thoughts -> Touch of Darkness -> Call to the Void.

Nerfing our Legion's initial experience by moving Sinister thoughts away from the path everyone would take is a crime against humanity, IMO.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Void siphon -> Death's Embrace -> From the shadows -> Mind shattering -> Mass Hysteria. Then: Thrive in teh shadows -> To the pain -> Creeping shadows -> SoI. Then: Thoughts of Insanity -> Sinister thoughts -> Touch of Darkness -> Call to the Void.
    If you go that route you pick the absolutely weakest DPS trait in the tree (it's like 0.25% dps per point) and one zero DPS trait.

Mass Hysteria is probably the weakest trait for Open World and Dungeons. You just are not in Voidform long enough to stack it high enough. It's only really usefull for STM.

Given that raiding probably won't start in the first month, i personally see no reason to even consider going for Mass Hysteria first. You're just wasting to many points on Death's Embrace. I'll go to Tentacle Bro, pick up Sinister Thoughts, then go to Hysteria over Unleash and SW:P. In my opinion Death's Embrace is just that bad.

As a PvP player, I'll be going the survivability route through Thoughts of Insanity to Call to the Void.

After that I'll beeline to the dispersion heal, then onto mass hysteria.

It's a tough choice to determine which of those is priority 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Nycros View Post
    As a PvP player, I'll be going the survivability route through Thoughts of Insanity to Call to the Void.

After that I'll beeline to the dispersion heal, then onto mass hysteria.

It's a tough choice to determine which of those is priority 1...
    Probably you'll have no though choice to do when Legion launches. Quoting a developer: "We are considering disabling relics in PvP instances (battlegrounds, skirmishes, arenas, and rated battlegrounds) due to way gear is handled in PvP in Legion. Item level will not have as much impact in PvP which throws off the balance of relic itemization".

Throws off the balance? Implying that PvP without artifact talents is balanced? (Kappa).

Relics aren't talents though. You still get your traits, just not the bonus ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Moira is a leader... having a leader as a class champion would be hella weird.
    But she isn't anymore. Magni comes back in the pre-event. I get Valen not being a Champion, but Priest is the only exception: Valen & Moira are major characters but you don't get them.

Back on topic, on FinalBosses 2nd pass Shadow guide, he mentions Shadow has pandemic. Like Warlocks. What? Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    If you go that route you pick the absolutely weakest DPS trait in the tree (it's like 0.25% dps per point) and one zero DPS trait.

Mass Hysteria is probably the weakest trait for Open World and Dungeons. You just are not in Voidform long enough to stack it high enough. It's only really usefull for STM.

Given that raiding probably won't start in the first month, i personally see no reason to even consider going for Mass Hysteria first. You're just wasting to many points on Death's Embrace. I'll go to Tentacle Bro, pick up Sinister Thoughts, then go to Hysteria over Unleash and SW:P. In my opinion Death's Embrace is just that bad.
    Heh, truth is, no matter what you take, you'll still suck in Open world and Dungeons compared to real classes.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Back on topic, on FinalBosses 2nd pass Shadow guide, he mentions Shadow has pandemic. Like Warlocks. What? Is this true?
    We have that now, all dot classes do, nothing new unfortunately.

But she isn't anymore. Magni comes back in the pre-event. I get Valen not being a Champion, but Priest is the only exception: Valen & Moira are major characters but you don't get them.
    Magni doesn't come back to Ironforge, he's been given tasks by Azeroth herself. Moira is still leading Ironforge along with the rest of the council.

Velen disappears after the events at the Exodar where we kill his son, the last thing he says is to prepare the Exodar to go to Argus. Velen is also way too big of a lore character in this expansion (in terms of potential anyway) to be running your errands as your follower.

While I agree that the priest followers are mediocre overall, your expectations are a bit unrealistic.

Yeah velen getting away kinda annoys me since I need him to finish my holy artefact quest -.-

Homophobia is so gay.