Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    He's passive aggressively challenging you to name other movies you didn't like, why are you avoiding this?
    I don't see how it's relevant. My reasons for not liking this movie are pretty specific to this film. I have no issue with his opinion, it doesn't match mine, fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Melra View Post
    Still wouldn't call people retards for not enjoying the movie.
    You can dislike it. I have no problems with that. I do have a problem with people complaining and giving out shit reviews for films in a genre they despise or even hate. When doing a review as a "professional movie critic" as they call themselves, a real professional would go in uncolored. Not with a "I hate unrealistic movies so therefor I will go to this unrealistic thing and give it a 1, because it's unrealistic". That's a person I call retarded.

I've read some ACTUAL reviews that gave a low score and they were well put together and complained about some things that even fans pointed out, that some things feels rushed in the story etc., but not bashing things that only has with your personal taste to do and not giving reasoning as to why you dislike it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    It's amazing watching people grasp at straws, spout wild conspiracy theories, or otherwise just ignore/dismiss information they don't like.

The mental gymnastics people are going to regarding the reception to this movie, geez.

Maybe, just maybe, it's just not a very good movie?
    I never expected Warcraft to be a very good movie. But I know when I see bullsh*t review.

So far it seems that people who have seen it mostly enjoyed it. I'm more inclined to believe their words than some critic who goes around the movie just to bash it for whatever reason rather than to write something that makes sense and actually point out things that matter. I couldn't care less what critics think about the director or how Warcraft "shows current migrant crisis".

You know, I don't expect everyone to like Warcraft but at least those critics could be professional and try to be at least a bit objective and not try to put their bs narrative everywhere they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    The CGI orcs and non-CGI humans on the screen at the same time is very jarring. The armor and weapons do indeed look plastic. The writing is abysmal.

I hope they do another and put some more effort into it. I guess only time will tell.
    lel that's not true. the interactions between real humans and cgi orcs is the best thing about the movie
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I couldn't care less what critics think about the director or how Warcraft "shows current migrant crisis".
    Yeah, the Guardian's review is mind-numbingly asinine. I can't even fathom how something so stupid manages to get published.

I will say there are a number of critics who seem to have a bone to pick with this movie for reasons unknown. (It seems mostly those unfamiliar with the game's lore.) I think the very fact that its based on the game property gives some of these professional critics a bad taste in their mouths and they are stubbornly discounting the very possibility that a "stupid video game" could have its own flourishing fantasy world worth bringing to the cinema screen. I'd say DJ had a seeming impossible task ahead of him when he took on this movie but from the fan reviews it seems he hit the mark for which he was aiming and even though the movie will definitely not be seen in the same light as other more successful fantasy IPs, has at least given us fans something worthy of our time.

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    lel that's not true. the interactions between real humans and cgi orcs is the best thing about the movie
    Sorry, I disagree, if anything the humans pulled me out of the film more than anything. The lighting is flat out wrong in many places and just ruins any composite shots, examples that really stood out are Llane in front of the portal with Garona just before it closes and a knight getting picked up and having his neck snapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not always true. If it's a failure - ratings wise - it means viewers will likely not see the next one. This can cause film studios (Paramount, Legendary, Summit, etc) to not sign on for future developments.
    I would't add too much weight to critics and their scores. Random example. RT score for Fast and furious 2 (36%), 3 (37%) and 4 (28%). If what you are saying is true, they wouldn't have made any more in the franchise. Even with those crappy scores the movies still made some money, not even a lot to be honest. That's why they keep pumping them out.

I wasn't expecting a good movie at all. I was even a bit sad after watching the trailer cause i like the game and would like it to be made into a good movie.

I watched it last night and i liked it very very much. I brought two friends who never played wow and they enjoyed it too. It's a good movie, very fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Then please explain why:
    1. Most people that have seen it tell us they loved it.
    2. Critics here are quite positive about it.
    3. It's doing incredibly well in the places where it's released.
    1. Confirmation bias
    2. Which critics are?
    3. Incredible well is relative.

what the fuck is rotten tomatoes

One reviewer of the Warcraft movie gave Dragon Ball Evolution 4 out 5.

another bashed Deadpool, saying that it is not as funny as it think it is.

And then we have the people raving about The Witch.

I'll just go and judge for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by LovesToSpooge View Post
    what the fuck is rotten tomatoes
    Someone just got out of school.

This Rating is pure bullshit... although I can understand different oppinions and some may not like the movie, but srsly 21% Rating?!?!? They pretend that this movie is on the same Level like Titanic 2 or Battlefield Earth

Every Rating below 6/10 for this movie is just BS (beacuse everything under this says, that the movie was TOTAL crap like CGI, music, characters, plot etc.)

IMHO the movie is 8.5/10 for me (if it would've been like 20min longer with a bit more Detail it could've been 9/10). The CGI was actually top (this was the part which I was sceptical the most), the music was even better, the Action was great as well, the Dialogs were partially meh, but the best Thing about the movie were definetly the Orcs!

In total it is a very enjoyable movie, even for non-warcraft fans... but you have to be someone who generally likes fantasy movies, like lotr (the plot isn't actually as black-white as lotr)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    One reviewer of the Warcraft movie gave Dragon Ball Evolution 4 out 5.

another bashed Deadpool, saying that it is not as funny as it think it is.

And then we have the people raving about The Witch.

I'll just go and judge for myself.
    Yeah it amazes me, that a movie like The Witch gets a 91% score, but only 55% of the audience say they enjoyed the movie...

Generally what's interesting to see, is that most bad Reviews come from the US, while internationally the movie gets praised a lot. Also, it is already the most successful movie of this year in many countries (or in others it's like 2nd or 3rd), while it will seemingly flop in the USA
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2016-06-03 at 05:42 PM.

Deleted
    The blind fandom of the BDF has no limits; if the movie featured an ISIS recruitment video they'd find a way to bend it in their favor.

Yes, it was a canned CGI-fest with no soul; probably because the success of an MMORPG, one artform, doesn't translate to the success of a non-interactive one, ie. a movie. Further, because the nature of why Warcraft was a success being due to the prevalence of good gameplay reinforcing the lore; never the lore reinforcing good gameplay.

Warcraft was never intended to be a good movie, it's intended to be a brand extension. You BDF are all about business, supposedly; all you care about are profit margins; you even put the value of the game beneath Blizzard's financial well-being in the same way the company does; so why don't you just accept that the movie is a canned piece of garbage implicitly designed to suck in even more money from relentless advertising campaigns and nostalgia manipulation?

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    The blind fandom of the BDF has no limits; if the movie featured an ISIS recruitment video they'd find a way to bend it in their favor.

Yes, it was a canned CGI-fest with no soul; probably because the success of an MMORPG, one artform, doesn't translate to the success of a non-interactive one, ie. a movie. Further, because the nature of why Warcraft was a success being due to the prevalence of good gameplay reinforcing the lore; never the lore reinforcing good gameplay.

Warcraft was never intended to be a good movie, it's intended to be a brand extension. You BDF are all about business, supposedly; all you care about are profit margins; you even put the value of the game beneath Blizzard's financial well-being in the same way the company does; so why don't you just accept that the movie is a canned piece of garbage implicitly designed to suck in even more money from relentless advertising campaigns and nostalgia manipulation?
    This might surprise you, but it's possible to like a movie without being a corporate shill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post

Do you do that often? Making up acronyms for the people who disagree with you so you can disregard them all as some form of organization instead of considering each of them as an individual who may very well have good points you're choosing to ignore?

I suppose you're too important and your opinion is too objective for "us" to have a chance against you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    It's amazing watching people grasp at straws, spout wild conspiracy theories, or otherwise just ignore/dismiss information they don't like.

The mental gymnastics people are going to regarding the reception to this movie, geez.

Maybe, just maybe, it's just not a very good movie?
    the people trying to bash it are grasping at just as many straws?...

I'm sorry but both fans and newcomers to warcraft a like are very positive about the movie in general all over europe, so I dont regard the US critics all that highly, in fact they are most often all over the place and praising movies that turned out to be garbageworthy in the end :P

I don't get why so many people are SO keen for it to suck, when it actually doesnt, its good, and def worthy of a sequel.

Deleted
    This Movie is made for WarCraft(WoW) Fanboys, obviously people who aren't WarCraft Fans mostly don't like it, because its just not that great of a Movie if you aren't already into WarCraft!

I watched it a few hours ago in imax 3d. It was an awesome experience for me. I enjoyed it alot more than civil war to be honest. The movie felt way too short,which usually means it has very good pace and lets you forget the time with immersion (i actually forgot to drink my soda during the film). The movie requires your full attention, since it has quite a bit of a tale to tell,

Thrall was the most fun to watch when he was on screen

Quote Originally Posted by Nighelf View Post
    Thrall was the most fun to watch when he was on screen
    I didn't watch it yet, but Thrall? He was still a baby lol.