Deleted

Mak'gora (Warcraft Movie Spoilers)

So having seen the movie now and the violation of Mak'gora by Gul'Dan been a significant plot point in the movie and the reaction he got from the other Orcs as a result, how do people feel looking back once again at Garrosh's death at the hands of Thrall who was arguably breaking the rules of Mak'gora?

Would you follow Thrall? do you respect him at this point after seeing it clearly defined as a violation to use magic/elements/fel?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still debatable if shamanism is ok or not in Mak'gora because it's as cultural for Orcs as strength and being a warrior

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The reactions in the film were immediate, they saw him do it; they saw him call to Blackhand for help too.

With regards to Thrall, we were the only witnesses IIRC. Also, shamanism was a heavy part of Orcish society so I would see it as less of a violation (still cheating though) compared to Gul'Dan's. Bear in mind that there were agitators in the crowd calling Gul'Dan out for using fel and leading the Orcs down a path of self destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotopes View Post
    So having seen the movie now and the violation of Mak'gora by Gul'Dan been a significant plot point in the movie and the reaction he got from the other Orcs as a result, how do people feel looking back once again at Garrosh's death at the hands of Thrall who was arguably breaking the rules of Mak'gora?

Would you follow Thrall? do you respect him at this point after seeing it clearly defined as a violation to use magic/elements/fel?
    On paper i have to say the fight between thrall and garrosh looked epic. But on a logic side coming from a noble orc such as thrall just spitting on tradition such as the Mak'gora i think it looked stupid just going once again green jesus like no rules apply to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    It's still debatable if shamanism is ok or not in Mak'gora because it's as cultural for Orcs as strength and being a warrior
    But in the rule of Mak'gora it is said that one shall only fight with a weapon of choice and the blessing of a shaman of his choice, no armor or magic would be used. It's a fight of strength after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    This is pretty much covered in Legion as to why Thrall gives away Doomhammer to the player.

Deleted
    Garrosh had to be stopped !!!!
    Durotan meeeh, not really !!!!

Ok to follow Thrall, not ok to follow Guldan !

1. Movie is another timeline(alternative).
    2. Thrall didn't cheat.

It's like "Come at me bro, LET'S FIGHT! ... But we don't use legs, okay?" or "I'll duel you if you won't use bubble/stealth/bladestorm etc.!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isotopes View Post

Still not a problem. Thrall is a shaman, the elements IS his weapon. Gul'dan's magic is basically stealing from other living things. Fel is on the FAR right of the rest of the magic.

Being a shaman is part of them, being a warlock, isn't.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2016-06-03 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Wrong name.. tired
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I didn't see a huge deal, Gul'Dan was just using his own powers to kill Durotan. Same can be said for Thrall, and he gets away.

Deleted
    Thrall cheated ,that's why elements don't speak with him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    /thread

Even Thrall knows this. He abused the elements and in doing so pays for it by giving away his most powerful assets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    Funny, this is exactly what happened. There were no witnesses, so Thrall cheated when he was about to die, just like Gul'dan . The only difference is people of the horde saw Gul'dan cheat, and only Garrosh saw Thrall violate the ancient rules.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    1. Movie is another timeline(alternative).
    2. Thrall didn't cheat.

It's like "Come at me bro, LET'S FIGHT! ... But we don't use legs, okay?" or "I'll duel you if you won't use bubble/stealth/bladestorm etc.!".
    Actually, Thrall did cheat. He did use magic when he was challenged to Mak'gora. Since he cared so much about orcish traditions, he should know that doing so breaks the rules. You're allowed 1 weapon blessed by a shaman but no magic. Thrall had the Doomhammer and Garrosh had his axe. But Thrall used magic.

This not a question of players asking eachother to duel without bubble or something, the Mak'gora is a sacred orc tradition to determine who is right or not in an argument. Thrall broke it. That's why the elements don't speak to him again, because he used them in his revenge.

Thrall did cheat and he knows it and this is explored in Legion, it's how the Enhancement Shamans get Doomhammer.

At least its official that he cheated. Now maybe people will stop defending green moses.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight