Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they also would post their name here on EU/US. I really want to see how mad some of these guys are now.

Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post
    How does one "fake an ip" exactly? Oh wait, you're referring to vpns/proxies, right? Technically not the same thing but I'll give it to you just this once. That shit can be traced to its original host if blizzard wanted to spend money on the resources. Account bans are just as dumb since one could create a new one, just sayin...
    IP bans are just dumb since one could reset their router for a new one or call their ISP if they are on a static IP, just sayin...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    IP bans are just dumb since one could reset their router for a new one or call their ISP if they are on a static IP, just sayin...
    Well that took you a long time for what I'd like to consider a pretty weak retort. My 13 year old brother could come up with something better tbh.

Good day.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    hah! Love it!

More bans, same rules for all Blizzard games, if you get banned, game over. Do not pass start, and do not collect your account again.
    They should just ban the entire account from Battle.net completely tbh.

Name and shame should be enabled in all games, if you cheat you deserve to be publicly shamed for it. I'd even go as far as you mention where you live aswell to scare off any potential reoffenders.

Somethung Valve is testing right now is prime accounts. It's an account that are flagged prime if you link your phone. Cant be voip or certain other type. Your phone can only be linked once. If you get caugh cheating. Phone number is banned. Its not 100% proof. But it's interesting.

Well that took you a long time for what I'd like to consider a pretty weak retort. My 13 year old brother could come up with something better tbh.

Good day.
    How cute, you think you matter enough that people are required to respond to things you says immediately. How dare I have a life and do other things, I should know better.

Guess this is what happens when people can't defend their position, had to attack me instead of my argument.

According to PC gamer, Blizz is handing out some form of IP bans? Then again, the guy claiming he bought the game 3 times and kept getting banned could just be talking out of his ass. Either way they do have a screenshot from one of the hack/bot site's forums and claim that the site administrators were forced to shut down their program's authentication in order to save more accounts from getting banned.

Western cheaters are faring no better. Judging by aggrieved posts on the forums of popular hack providers, Overwatch is proving difficult to fool.

Cheaters are being hit by serial bans even after buying new copies. "Got banned one day after the official release," one enemy of fair play recounts. "Thought I got detected for using RPM tools, because the game was crashing for it at that time.

"Bought the game again... didn't hack on it at all, just wanted to enjoy the game a bit. Two days later—banned again.

"Bought the game... again. But before doing that, I deleted Overwatch and launcher completely. Enjoyed it again without cheating only for a day."

On his fourth attempt, he purged his PC, changing hard drive IDs, MAC address, BiosDate and buying a VPN to throw Blizzard's anticheat off. It didn't work.

Blizzard pledged that it would be taking a no-nonsense approach to cheaters, and from the delectable wording of the ban notice, it's staying true to its word.

"Our support staff will not overturn these closures and may not respond to appeals."

Let's hope the false positives are small, eh?
    Source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They should just ban the entire account from Battle.net completely tbh.
    Well, it technically is but only via Overwatch atm.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Very good, I think this will prevent other people from doing the same kind of actions. Would be really cool if the WoW-team did this aswell since there are more hackers/botters/exploiters in WoW than in Overwatch.

Why don't they do this to all of their games? If they want to refrain from banning people in WoW because their account might be hacked by somebody not themselves, why not apply the same logic to Overwatch? Why aren't they banning people left and right in WoW?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

WoW has become the redheaded stepchild for blizzard and is no longer their main source of income.
    Given a WoW sub alone earns them $180 a year plus box costs and anything bought on the store, I very much doubt that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    It's amazing how, even while comparing different games within the same company, the attitude towards Botting and Cheating is so different, depending on the business model!
    The hacks used in a shooter compared to an mmo are night and day. In a shooter they aren't using bots they are using ESPs to auto-aim and see through walls etc. In wow players automate characters to farm menial tasks like herbs or honor. Its very difficult to make bots complex enough to compete with a real players in pve or pvp. Whereas its very easy to make an ESP lock onto character models for auto-aim.The worse example in wow is auto-kick scripts which is pretty bad but I wouldn't say its as absurd as ESP. ESPs destroy FPS outright.

I've seen communities like H1Z1, Rust, Arma 3 go through some pretty rough patches with obscene hacking and I'm happy Blizzard had more foresight than these games.
    Last edited by Synadrasa; 2016-06-04 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I'm guessing they can still get a chargeback at the bank since it's been less than a month, unless they already paid several months ago via pre-order. Banks typically side with their clients/buyers 99% of the time over the sellers. Same with Paypal.

This is the reason why I only "pre-order" a game literally at the last second. To give me time to get my money back if it's complete shite.
    Depends where you live, in Denmark you cannot get the chargeback, unless you can prove that you did not buy the product e.g. your card was stolen etc.

Can not wait until they start in Eu/Usa .
    I have reported several people. First i thought i was being childish. Then i turned on my recording software. And you can clearly see snapping to people's heads and people that clearly can see thru walls. There are allot of youtube clips about hackers.

I don't play Overwatch but came to this forum after I found this out. This is pretty much the best thing blizzard has done in a long time. I wish they could extend this to WoW and Warcraft 3 lol. Cheating has been so rampant in those games that it almost gets to the point where you don't even feel like reporting people eventually. If blizzard kept this up, I think it would actually up their subscribers.