Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Massive Eye Beam Nerf

Why? We have 2 cooldowns, 1 really really long one and one on a 45 sec cd, why remove its teeth, otherwise our rotation becomes so limited outside of demonform.

pretty big nerf yes, probably just testing the waters as bladestorm also got a 50% dmg nerf and a cd increase from 1 min to 1.5 min so they seem to be tweaking the two big burst aoes.

Deleted
    Eye beam was doing a ridiculous amount of damage with the Artifact talents and talents AFAIK. As long as other BIG BURST CDs are brought down too, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Well this for PvP is going to lower the bar of them even more.

Not much Burst damage outside of Fel Eruption now.

It's tuning, if it's too weak it'll get buffed up a bit. Beta is beta.

They are probably tunning the spell, right now is reaaaally weak...

Next build they will buff a little bit.

Deleted
    how about some buff on our DEF abilities..... oooooor heal oooooooooooor something so Demonhunters would not be deleted from PvP.....

10+ Year Old Account
    That nerf....but i wonder what they're doing? There is like no tuning to me on Havoc spec at all, it just looks like they focus everything DH related on the tank spec.

We could need some love on our sustain.
    Sig by Thor

Deleted
    2 minutes CD on eye makes it pretty much dead thing in terms of rotation. "short AoE CD" ;-|

If artifact perk is a problem why not nerf artifact perk ? or change it.

The entire DH class seems like a rush job to me. Almost like they decided to add it solely because they needed to appease the player base. Call me stupid but thats how I see it. The entire class seems to be missing some things and that is especially telling when they only have two trees to deal with. Not sure what is so hard about it. Its going go live either to weak, therefore we won't see many abandon their main for it or way overpowered begging for a nerf.

Sad really as it had potential and still does, so long as they get it right.

I'm fine with the nerf if they lower the CD aswell. 20-30 sec maybe. If they are gonna keep it at 45 sec, then they need to buff it a bit. Really bad now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    The entire DH class seems like a rush job to me. Almost like they decided to add it solely because they needed to appease the player base. Call me stupid but thats how I see it. The entire class seems to be missing some things and that is especially telling when they only have two trees to deal with. Not sure what is so hard about it. Its going go live either to weak, therefore we won't see many abandon their main for it or way overpowered begging for a nerf.

Sad really as it had potential and still does, so long as they get it right.
    It is still Closed Beta, and the game is still (with out a push back, which has happened in the past) a little short of 3 months away. Many tweaks and changes will happen in the next two months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripitgood View Post
    It is still Closed Beta, and the game is still (with out a push back, which has happened in the past) a little short of 3 months away. Many tweaks and changes will happen in the next two months.
    Not to be a police but there is no such thing as "open beta" in blizzard terms. So this is the "final beta" we will have and after this launch. Judging from the time frame they have 6 iterations (weeks) before it must be readyish.

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    I'm fine with the nerf if they lower the CD aswell. 20-30 sec maybe. If they are gonna keep it at 45 sec, then they need to buff it a bit. Really bad now.
    Then they'd also have to nerf demonic as well, since reducing CD would mean more uptime.

Deleted
    Because demon hunters like fury warriors were ridiculously overpowered and a lot of that for demonhunters came from eye beam.

It was much too strong, and concentrated too much dps into one cooldown ability

Which is just bad+bad

Removing damage from cooldown abilities means it can be pushed back into rotational abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    Not to be a police but there is no such thing as "open beta" in blizzard terms. So this is the "final beta" we will have and after this launch. Judging from the time frame they have 6 iterations (weeks) before it must be readyish.
    I'd argue that you're wrong. Considering the Open Beta that Blizz hosted for Overwatch for a week +. Along with Blizzard has in the past (and hopefully following some good decisions they've made) can and will push back release dates. When we pre-ordered Legion it was said to release ON OR BEFORE Sept 30th. So they could push another 4 iterations of the game if they NEED too. With that being said. Regardless of "open" or "closed" or whatever term we use. There is a decent chunk of time, and loads of players playing and more joining each day. A LOT of changes will happen between now and the finished product.

People need to give them a chance. Let them screw themselves before we start getting our pitchforks and torches out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripitgood View Post
    People need to give them a chance. Let them screw themselves before we start getting our pitchforks and torches out.

How many chances do we need to give them?

Track records are used to judge companies for a reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Removing damage from cooldown abilities means it can be pushed back into rotational abilities.
    I would love metamorphosis getting its damage gutted and spread around. For example making Blade Dance worth it on single-target just to ease the tedium of Chaos Strike spam.

Felblade baseline might be far away dream at this point but I will dream nonetheless!!
    Last edited by mmoc70716bef22; 2016-06-03 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Why? We have 2 cooldowns, 1 really really long one and one on a 45 sec cd, why remove its teeth, otherwise our rotation becomes so limited outside of demonform.
    Do you really think that blizzard would have left it as is? Same for warrior's aoe?

lets be adults and realistic here:

if you have a class with no weakness in dps and has the best mobility, why would anyone play another melee?

If demon hunters are given the best mobility of all melee, what should be their weakness or downside?

I ll let you think about this and see how good a game designer people can be.