Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    I can do the same and it'll look greyish. If you're used to see blacks as grey then that's your problem, but the meters don't lie. IPSs are generally around 0.2 cd/m2 for blacks which isn't exactly that dark. You might not notice it with light facing your monitor during the day, but try at night with lights off and it'll look like a torch.
    Enjoy your black crush.

We'll one time it was price. 27 probably same price as 24 same spec's. Funny how that changes...like when I bought a 21 inch 24 was expensive.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Been rocking a 29" 2560x1080 screen (same size as a 24" 1920x1080 screen but wider) for over three years now and love it, the aspect is great, felt like going from 4:3 to 16:10 all over again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There's no ****ing difference between 27'' 1080 and 27'' 1440p
    Apart from the fact a 27" 1080p makes everything look like minecraft because it's oversized for 1080p. We use a variety of 27" screens (1080p/1440p/4K) in work and generally speaking the market for 27" 1080p is old people who like things looking big (the same type of people who buy a 24" screen then leave it on 1024x768 because they like how much bigger everything is).

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    I'm looking at a command prompt right now on my IPS screens and your constant statements to this effect are vastly overstated.
    It's all a matter of perspective really. You are obviously used to gray-ish blacks, so your subjective opinion is that it's fine. However, the meters that are used to test these objectively prove otherwise. When giving advice, we tend to be very objective and do not base things on opinions but rather measurable facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Enjoy your black crush.
    I'm curious if you even know what is needed to even have 'black crush' occur. It's actually a very specific set of circumstances for it to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I'm curious if you even know what is needed to even have 'black crush' occur. It's actually a very specific set of circumstances for it to occur.
    The circumstance is using VA technology in the same way blacks can't exist if you use IPS technology.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you have no idea.

Off center contrast shift is caused by dark grey content on dark background when looking straight ahead.
    Please don't just randomly throw out things without knowing what or how it happens...

When I read threads like this, it angers me that people still think that 1080 is an acceptable resolution for computer use. I don't get angry at people, (they don't know any better), I get angry at companies marketing the term 1080p!!, when in reality it's a shit resolution. They're just using the familiarity of the 1080 term, to screw people into buying cheap, inferior displays. 10+ years ago, the practice of selling improper resolutions in LCD's was nearly unheard of.

I would never own a monitor with less than a 1920 x 1200 resolution, which should go no larger than a 24" monitor.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...0p-widescreens

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    When I read threads like this, it angers me that people still think that 1080 is an acceptable resolution for computer use. I don't get angry at people, (they don't know any better), I get angry at companies marketing the term 1080p!!, when in reality it's a shit resolution. They're just using the familiarity of the 1080 term, to screw people into buying cheap, inferior displays. 10+ years ago, the practice of selling improper resolutions in LCD's was nearly unheard of.

I would never own a monitor with less than a 1920 x 1200 resolution, which should go no larger than a 24" monitor.

I know! fuck those 16:9 plebs!

21:9 is superior in any possible way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

Here.
    http://www.eizoglobal.com/products/f...30q/index.html
    Unless you meant something else, cause that entire rant was about productivity and aspect ratio, not entirely resolution and the person is really misinformed. Though it was 6 years ago....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    I know! fuck those 16:9 plebs!

21:9 is superior in any possible way
    1920X1200 is 16:10.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you guys stop bumping a 6 month necro'd thread with the op no where to be found? Honestly surprised it hasn't been locked yet...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    1920X1200 is 16:10.
    no shit.
    /10char

This thread is almost 6 months old. Closing.