Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Legion is already extremely anti-alt just because of the Artifact weapons.
    Thats not actually true
    Its more anti Dual spec that anti Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Thats not actually true
    Its more anti Dual spec that anti Alt
    It is by proxy... if it's anti alt friendly because you will want to put your power into the one spec... then by proxy, you will want to play that main to further it's primary spec artifact weapon.

Even when you do play an alt, it's restricted by the same limitation.. meaning playing an alt that is less spec friendly... will reduce the amount of interest in playing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Followers will once again have item levels once they reach max level of 110 within your class order hall.

Source: Elvine

I'm curious to see what people's reactions are to this. Personally, I think anything that resembles garrisons is a step in a wrong direction.
    Why the hell are we back to in garrison 2.0 version of hell? What the hell is this?

I don't mind leveling a follower's item level.

The thing I really hate, really really really hate, is that they could have learned from the garrison and they could have made those upgrade tokens account bound. Let me throw the excess tokens on every other character, please!
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Legion is already extremely anti-alt just because of the Artifact weapons.
    Maybe anti-alt is just what WoW needs? People harken back to the days of vanilla as being WoW's glory days. Vanilla was as alt-unfriendly as an MMO gets.

"Followers failed every time we tried it! Let's try it again!"
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Maybe anti-alt is just what WoW needs? People harken back to the days of vanilla as being WoW's glory days. Vanilla was as alt-unfriendly as an MMO gets.
    I am not saying this is a bad thing. Personally, I love to stick to a single character and max out everything and everything I can do with said character. This system fits me, but I know there are many altaholics that play the same game I do.

Dunno if this has been posted but mission table is basically mandatory since its part of the class order questline which is needed for the 3rd artifact relic slot. IMO this is a big mistake on blizz's part and I posted as much on the official beta forums. So if people think that the garrison aspect in Legion is completely optional, they're in for a rude awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Dunno if this has been posted but mission table is basically mandatory since its part of the class order questline which is needed for the 3rd artifact relic slot. IMO this is a big mistake on blizz's part and I posted as much on the official beta forums. So if people think that the garrison aspect in Legion is completely optional, they're in for a rude awakening.
    How long does the questline take? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    How long does the questline take? Thanks
    There are 5 follower missions which take around 24 hours each. Afterwards theres another 5 missions which also take 24 hours each. Im currently 3/5 on that step. Dunno if theres any more after but I sure as fuck hope not. So its about 2 weeks for the class order questline gated by the follower missions.

Gearing up 6 followers is a lot less tedious than 25.

And being anti-alt and even anti-dual spec is the clear direction this expansion has taken. I don't think that's a bad thing, as long as their is enough for one character to do.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    It has been posted, but the problem is that some choose to believe what they want haha.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Or you could wonder: If you THINK everyone hates it, yet Blizzard does it (again)...the implications are vast. Like..you are wrong...or this forum does not represent the world..or...Blizzard hates their franchise so much, they want to destroy it....or...Blizzard hates money so much, they don't want to make any.

What is your pick?
    Not him but 5M people+ left this game and there was almost universal hate for Garrisons, save for a very few people from what I've seen. I'm still amazed at how astonishingly one-sided the hate is. It's just an endless ocean of frothing anger. I honestly don't want to deal with this kind of a boring grind again. I am an altoholic and just the even remote threat of this concept is terrifying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Gearing up 6 followers is a lot less tedious than 25.

And being anti-alt and even anti-dual spec is the clear direction this expansion has taken. I don't think that's a bad thing, as long as their is enough for one character to do.
    Asmongold seemed to say that is how the game feels to him at the moment. I'm fine with the focus on the main if the things we do aren't super goddamn boring and the Garrison is beyond boring, even if it honestly spoiled the hell out of me with all my monies and shiny things. I also greatly prefer to be able to use my main to gear up my alts whether using professions or BoA gear, it doesn't matter too much but I really hope Blizzard makes things fun and interesting.

They brought back the garrison?

As long as lore isn't gated behind max-ilevel followers and missions, I don't really care, if it's as easy to level the ilevels as in WoD.

I just don't want there to go another "once in the morning, once in the evening" sort of 'requirement' to generate resources in Legion. I'd prefer the Class Halls to not give any actual rewards and just give buffs to normal play, like making enemies have a chance at dropping bags of gold or giving you a 24 hour triple-yield buff to gathering professions and junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    As long as lore isn't gated behind max-ilevel followers and missions, I don't really care, if it's as easy to level the ilevels as in WoD.

I just don't want there to go another "once in the morning, once in the evening" sort of 'requirement' to generate resources in Legion. I'd prefer the Class Halls to not give any actual rewards and just give buffs to normal play, like making enemies have a chance at dropping bags of gold or giving you a 24 hour triple-yield buff to gathering professions and junk.
    how do you feel about 14-20 days straight of logging in -> clicking the mission table -> logging out, to progress your class quest.

exciting..

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrytie View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else feel like this again will be annoying to do on alts/twinks
    It is far less demanding than garrisons and a far smaller part of the levelling process. The other thing I noticed is that my 3rd and 4th followers were not minimum level when I got them.

Having said that - the character levelling process itself seems more involved, detailed and varied - meaning you may well enjoy the process more on alts than the rinse repeat process of WoD and MoP etc.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrann View Post
    how do you feel about 14-20 days straight of logging in -> clicking the mission table -> logging out, to progress your class quest.

exciting..
    I wouldn't be excited about that, no. Luckily, there'll be plenty of other content for me to do outside the Class Hall.

Besides, if it's a choice between running Missions to progress the class quest or the Garrison Campaign's straight-up "wait a week without anything happening" system, I'll take the former in a heart beat. Obviously, though, the best system would be the 5.1 story pacing.

At this point I am feeling that Legion is what WoD was supposed to be at least in the devs eyes.

I have lvl to 110 another char, because "bug" (gl release 2 months from now) and yet i am spending more time around the broken isle than the class hall, even the gating isnt that bad (less rushing is only a positive thing for this game)

then when i log into live, well beside farming gold with garrison, or AQ20 or "that spot in pandaria for 4k gold/h" i have actually nothing to do compared to legion beta, CM? done. hfc myth? done. lord of war? done. warlord of drae..? lol plz horde pandas are beyond the rarest catch...

So you can stop moaning and sweating for the "table" in Legion, also those mantra " -5milion sub = garrison hate " are so dumb...