Poll: Be Honest People

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How long do you think you'd survive in a Zombie Apocalypse?

Honestly speaking, with your current set of skills and knowledge. How long do you think you would survive?

Well, living in the desert would give me some time I would think. A lot of us know each other so we could band together, ranchers could feed us, we'd grow small gardens. It would be rough but I would say indefinitely.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Not very long I'd imagine, because weapons and ammunition aren't handed like candy around here. In zombie scenario, they are rather important in getting you out of a bad situation...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Not very long I'd imagine, because weapons and ammunition aren't handed like candy around here. In zombie scenario, they are rather important in getting you out of a bad situation...
    HA! So you admit owning guns is practical?!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I take it you've lived your life in a city?
    Not always. Guns are still not handed around to anyone who wants them

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    HA! So you admit owning guns is practical?!
    Not really, since that scenario is fantasy, and will never happen.

Ohh but they are. If you hunt as a hobby you can own an entire arsenal and nobody bats an eye.
    First you'd need to get accepted to one of those hunting clubs. Good luck with that if you're a city girl with no relatives in one.

Also, not even army officers are allowed to own higher capacity pistols, such as M9. Simply illegal.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably off myself if the situation was bleak enough
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

If intellect plays any roll in survival, I'd probably be around for a long time while zombies chew on the people I meet in HotS quick matches.

depends what kind of zombies

are they decomposing zombies that only last a couple days before losing the muscles required to move?

are they running zombies that can last indefinitely and run as fast or faster than people?

are they magical zombies that can cast spells and deal 1d8+5 with a touch unless you make a dc10 + 1/2lich lvl + lich cha modifier will roll to halve the damage, that then permanently paralyzes unless you make a fortitude save?

gonna need some specifics here

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Honestly speaking, with your current set of skills and knowledge. How long do you think you would survive?
    Depends on what kind of zombie Apocolypse.

A realistic one? I'd just hole up in my apartment for 3-5 days and wait for the undead to decay to uselessness.

A Walking Dead shambling zombies one? 1 week to 1+ years. More a matter of being able to find enough food than actually running away from the zombies. Especially with owning a motorcycle I can get around blocked traffic, and all my riding gear on would make bites a non issue.

A World War Z one, though? not 30 secs lol.

Dead first day 100%.

Not really, since that scenario is fantasy, and will never happen.
    Well there is that.

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    are they running zombies that can last indefinitely and run as fast or faster than people?
    Always hated the olympic runner zombies idea. :/ Seems absurd.

One thing i've never understood about zombie apocalypse movies... is why the fuck no one thinks about armor. I mean, if they only threat is a bite not a weapon, stop it from being a threat!

I bet Renaissance Fair types, and medieval reenactors are the most likely to survive a traditional zombie outbreak.

Always hated the olympic runner zombies idea. :/ Seems absurd.
    i always hated the modern zombie

magic zombies are where its at

Hehe, no. Anyone can hunt on government owned land, and hunting clubs would kill to have young people in them. Just contact one and ask.

And for buying a gun all you need is hunting license and no criminal or medical records that would prevent you from getting one.
    Fair enough, but only because the senior members can't be bothered doing the running, and want to sit in their towers and do the shooting instead. You also don't need a weapon to walk/run around in forests to make the deer run up to the one who shoots it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    One thing i've never understood about zombie apocalypse movies... is why the fuck no one thinks about armor. I mean, if they only threat is a bite not a weapon, stop it from being a threat!

I bet Renaissance Fair types, and medieval reenactors are the most likely to survive a traditional zombie outbreak.
    Yeah....I'm not sure what you think wearing heavy medieval steel armor will do for you, when 10 zombies take you down, and then you are on the ground until they get what they want.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-06-04 at 10:38 AM.

Deleted
    I'd kill myself the day it starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just hang around fat people everywhere you go and use them as meat shields for your escape is what I would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    About a day. I know how to defend myself from the biting and I could barricade the door easily enough. But zombies are relentless and I don't have the food supplies or any real survival knowledge.

I'm ruthless enough that I'd be able to deal with other people turning, but that'd probably piss off any group I'm with, especially if the turner is a family member of theirs.

This is of course counting on me surviving the initial outbreak, where even the most prepared survivalist is at risk of being caught by surprise.

But yeah, I'm too slow to outrun a zombie horde, so I'd just have to stay in my house until I starved to death.

Pretty long, zombies is slow so easy to avoid when scavenging for weapons, armor and food.