Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who is that woman in the darkness i nthe Warcraft Movie?

There was a woman kept in some shadowy place in dalaran to whom Khadgar talked in the movie. She told him that "From Light comes Darkness and from Darkness come Light." Who is she?

Alodi. Previous guardian of tirisfal. She's supposed to be a male elf, but I guess they didn't have enough female characters to fit the quota.

That's aegwynn, medivh's mum. At least, that's what the 2 guys, with whom I watched the film, said, who've read all books.
    Last edited by ceall; 2016-06-04 at 10:38 AM.

The credits say Alodi and I don't see why they'd change Aegwynn's name in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Alodi. Previous guardian of tirisfal. She's supposed to be a male elf, but I guess they didn't have enough female characters to fit the quota.
    To be fair, Game!Alodi is a half-elf with a human male model (really, he *does* need his own model...). Whose spirit still exists. And who has nothing to do with Medivh other than being the first Guardian.

Movie!Alodi is said to be a "being older than the Council of Tirisfal". And we don't know whether the woman inside the cube really is "Alodi" or rather a remnant of Aegwynn or simply a Naaru, Alodi and Aegwynn mashed together into one entity.

Khadgar even names her in the movie, no? I thought I heard him whispering Alodi. Regardless it is him... Her. Whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lylandra View Post
    Movie!Alodi is said to be a "being older than the Council of Tirisfal". And we don't know whether the woman inside the cube really is "Alodi" or rather a remnant of Aegwynn or simply a Naaru, Alodi and Aegwynn mashed together into one entity.
    That's what I've been thinking as well. At least it would explain a weird change in sex and race. However, as I said, I thought Khadgar recognized her in the movie? Later in the movie he says on that picture that Medivh tried to burn, was portrayed the previous guardian of tirisfal (with whom he talked).

Deleted
    Well she is called "Alodi" in the movie.

But we don't know exactly WHO she actually is supposed to be. She could be just Alodi as a woman. But she could also be just Aegwynn. Maybe they even combined those two characters in terms of her purpose. We don't know that yet.

I remember being wrong because I said to my sister "that's Aegwynn" when I first saw her. Because that's the only character that would have fit that description. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah I don't know what they had to add the 'Alodi' deus ex when they could have simply used Aegwynn being concerned about her son.

It would make a lot more sense, especially since she is responsible for Medivh being possessed by Sargeras is the first place.

But the movie is full of changes to the Warcraft 1 story for little reason, from small things like Dalaran floating to major changes like the Dark Portal not actually existing at the end, Gul'dan not learning Medivh's secrets from his dying mind or Orgrim being a completely different character.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Alodi is appearing as Aegwynn to show the cause for Medivhs corruption.

Deleted
    Like the others say, i took it as Aegwynn (Medivhs mother)

They say it's the male half-elf/half-human first Guardian, but that just seems silly

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    There was a woman kept in some shadowy place in dalaran to whom Khadgar talked in the movie. She told him that "From Light comes Darkness and from Darkness come Light." Who is she?
    The quote was from the first guardian, Alodi. However, the woman would be Aegwynn, who was Medivh's mother. She vanquished Sargeras who in turn placed his essence into her body and was passed on to Medivh, which is why he helped the orcs open the portal. In the lore, she warns king Llane of what Medivh did, which is why I believe the woman to be Aegwynn. It makes more sense. I believe they changed it to her warning Khadgar because the story of Khadgar role in Medivh's death is a book in itself and they only had 2 hours for the story.

Aegwynn doesn't exist in the movie universe period. Just one of the many differences.

The movie blatantly calls her Alodi. Khadgar calls her Alodi.The official movie novel calls her Alodi too.

It was Alodi. Doesn't matter if you people want it to be Aegwynn or think it was Aegwynn. Like Therougetitan said, every source that matters called her Alodi therefore it was Alodi.

Well... That's kinda stupid from Blizzard to divide the Blizzard lore. Why they did that? It's completely nonsense, don't give me that "it'll gather new people", because it wouldn't matter if they call it Alodi or Aegwynn.

Only complaint is orgrim beeing frostwolf and lothar killing blackhand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

there is now a 100 page megathread, could we get it all in there, plz

Deleted
    Idc but shes women omg... catch her!

7+ Year Old Account
    That's Glenn Close, in the twilight of her career. First a comic book movie ( GotG) and now a video game movie. So sad.