10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Now we just need lunge to become baseline and replace it with some group utility and everything will make perfect sense.
    Actually I was hoping that Rainfall would become baseline utility (however small) for all Enh shaman and we'd get back Gust of Wind.
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

Quote Originally Posted by Bludstorm View Post
    Actually I was hoping that Rainfall would become baseline utility (however small) for all Enh shaman and we'd get back Gust of Wind.
    Gust of wind and lunge are redundant though, particularly since gow is just better in everyway. I also just think a group utility row makes more sense than putting us in a position where we have to take a big hit to personal mobility to benefit the group.

No beta club member here wanting to put my 2 cents in.
    I like the way the talent tree looks now, so long as blizzard doesn't fail at balancing.
    Now we all know the L15 tier needs work. BF is tooo strong not to be taken, and I had an idea on how to make Windsong a little more attractive for some.
    What if Windsong became a skill sort of like flametongue and hailstorm frostbrand.
    15 second cooldown, small damage on cast, attack speed increase by ?5-10?% for 10ish seconds?
    I love the idea of hailstorm because I love the idea of enhancing my weapons, and changing Windsong to fit this playstyle feels like, to me, a move toward that.
    What do you guys think? Because as of now I don't even think tuning would make Windsong more attractive than BF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Gust of wind and lunge are redundant though, particularly since gow is just better in everyway. I also just think a group utility row makes more sense than putting us in a position where we have to take a big hit to personal mobility to benefit the group.
    I agree. Make FL baseline. Maybe keep the longer cd it has opposed to GoW, but give it the versatility of GoW back as in where we want to go with it.

Replace FL then with a group utility talent. Next to a group healing and group sprint ability, maybe a group mitigation ability would be good. Doesn't have to be particularly strong, either. Like 20% reduced damage for 5 seconds for the entire raid, 5 minute cooldown.
    Get a couple of shamans with it, and it would help against spikes a lot, I think. Take rainfall for more sustained survivability, and the sprint for when raid mobility is sorely needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tbm13 View Post
    No beta club member here wanting to put my 2 cents in.
    I like the way the talent tree looks now, so long as blizzard doesn't fail at balancing.
    Now we all know the L15 tier needs work. BF is tooo strong not to be taken, and I had an idea on how to make Windsong a little more attractive for some.
    What if Windsong became a skill sort of like flametongue and hailstorm frostbrand.
    15 second cooldown, small damage on cast, attack speed increase by ?5-10?% for 10ish seconds?
    I love the idea of hailstorm because I love the idea of enhancing my weapons, and changing Windsong to fit this playstyle feels like, to me, a move toward that.
    What do you guys think? Because as of now I don't even think tuning would make Windsong more attractive than BF.
    Even more buff management? Hell no. They're already overboard with that in terms of hailstorm, flametongue and rockbiter/boulderfist/landslide buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Oooookay, they switched around talents.

lvl 60 => passive/single target row: Lightning Shield, Ancestral Swiftness, Hailstorm(new, switching with Sundering).
    boring talent row. we'll basically calculate what does better numbers, LS or AS (I'll bet on the latter) and pick that.
    Looking at how Hailstorm does not affect aoe like the other two AND also requires weaving in an extra ability, it would require a huuuge buff to be worthwhile. The legendary ring/belt helps it, but still...

lvl 75 => active/active/passive-dumb: Tempest, Overcharge, Empowered Stormlash (new, replacing Landslide).
    As little as I liked the concept of (Empowered) Stormlash before, it is even less compelling to take now. Tempest focuses around considerably strenghtening our core playstyle designed around Stormstrike management, Overcharge focuses on MS management (I guess) and combines an additional ability to use with nostalgica of using LB wotlk-wod, and Emp-SL... is passively making our allies do more damage... woo-hoo.
    Priot to the switch, all three seemed intrigueing in a way (even though I dont really fancy Landslide). Now we have a clear loser.
    It'll need to be, similarly as Hailstorm so strong that it would put a considerable amount of our output into quasi damage, which seems just stupid.

Lvl90 => aoe row: Crashing Storm, Fury of Air (new, replace Empowered Stormlash) , Sundering (new, switch with Hailstorm)
    I guess we'll either lose aoe damage by everything being in one tier, or each talent will do more damage. So far, FoA is still as strong as before though, so maybe not. I dont mind the option between passive effect CS and active use FoA.
    But Sundering is again the dejected one with it's high cooldown, high MS cost and annoying knockback, not mentioning it working in a line before the caster as opposed to an actual aoe effect of the others.

Lvl100 talents: Ascendence, Landslide (new, replaces Fury of Air), Earthen Spike
    If Ascendence ever looked the most compelling, it is now. At least we dont have to decide between good aoe and only actually dmg dealing coodlown anymore. Earthen Spike seems still as uninteresting as ever, in part because it is not all that strong, adds another regular to use ability and adds just another buff to manage.

so far, you can basically ignore the entire right lane of dps talents except boulderfist.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Suggestions (contains dreaming but oh well )
    ---------------------------------------------
    (Not part of the switches, but Windsong could recude MS costs for abilities while it's up. Would have great synergy with Ascendence and doomwinds. I propose a buff because BF apparently seems just that much better than the other ones right now.

lvl 60: Axe most/all of the row as it is now.
    You could make LS a defensive damage reflect cd or like Bladestorm,
    Hailstorm an entirely new frost ability (or make it frozen power- frost shock with some extra twist to make it compelling to use),
    and Ancestral Swiftness we could keep it as the simple passive.

lvl75:
    Get rid of Emp-SL, maybe get rid of the ability it empowers as well, it's crap anyway. Put in a new talent there. Going by the other two, it could be another single target ability/cooldown/modificator etc.
    I've yet to see something modificating Flametongue, maybe get on that? Have it do flame-frost damage (merge Hailstorm into it), increase fire damage on the target while FT is up ( anod to FT active on offhand increasing LL damage times), increase MS generating/cooldown recovery while FT is up or...dunno, lot's of possibilities...

lvl90:
    Maybe replace Sundering with Fire Nova? Have FN explode off of the shaman and spread debuff, cost no MS and not trigger cd on first use and on second use, it explodes from targets with debuff, cost ...40(?) MS and have 6 sec cd.
    Sundering could then be placed in pvp talents, with a stronger knockback.

Lvl 100:
    Warth of Terazane: Doubles range and damage done by your Rockbiter and Boulderfist abilities as well as the enhancing effect of Boulderfist to 15% critical strike chance and 10% damage done. Additionally, increases you attackpower by 10% for 10 seconds.
    Rockbiter will be replaced by Earthen Spike, impaling your enemie's feet with multiple small earthen spikes, reducing movement speed by 50% for 5 seconds.
    Boulderfist will be replaced by Earthen Maiden, impailing your enemies' body with multiple large earthen spikes, locking them in place for 3 seconds (breaks on damage, 20s cd on 2 charges) and reducing their movement by 50% afterwards for 5 seconds.

the other open talent slot:
    Feral Kin:
    You are accompanied by a viscious companion fitting your race.
    (orc big spectral wolf, troll big spectral raptor, tauren big spectral mountain lion, goblin killer robot infused with an animal spirit (), pandaren great spectral yak, draenei big spectral warp stalker, dwarven big spectral bear)
    Your companion will follow your orders and take lead over your Feral Spirits, if they are present, enabling you to control them as well.
    The companion will utilize Maelstrom like its master and benefit from your haste, windfury procs, rockbiter attacks and other maelstrom generating mechanics.

Feral Kin abilities:
    1) Spectral Bite/Spectral Claw/Spectral Maim/Eye-beam/Spetral Horns/Warpstrike/Spectral Thrash: Deals
    2) Hunting Party: When Feral Lunge is used (baseline) your Companion and Feral Spirits (if active) leap towards the same target.
    3) Howl: Forces non-player targets to attack your companion instead of you for 5 seconds and converts all your thread during that time unto your companion. Player targets will cower in fear for 3 seconds. 30 second cooldown.
    4) Mount up!: Jump on your companion's back, treating him like a 100% speed increase mount. If used in combat, it triggers a 30s cooldown and lasts 4 seconds.
    Unlimited duration out of combat.
    Last edited by mmoc593e7db3da; 2016-06-04 at 12:33 PM.

Goddayum Omanley, you are so late to the party. We've discussed the changes one page earlier already :P

GoW imo was a poor mans version of Heroic Leap. If you combine both Feral Lunge and GoW into one, make it at least that you use a "swipe" animation when landing, so it deals damage. I would be fine with that.

Also to the above poster: no to more buff management. We already have enough going on, maintaining Hailstorm (if picked) and FT, plus having to play with procs which can happen quite a lot, and dumping maelstrom power fast enough especially in burst phases. It may look easy to just maintain 2/3 buffs and proccs, but trust me, its not that easy with doom winds and spirits out.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-06-04 at 03:38 PM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    For those without beta and curious about our new AOE rotation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Goddayum Omanley, you are so late to the party. We've discussed the changes one page earlier already :P
    Oh snap! :X

GoW imo was a poor mans version of Heroic Leap. If you combine both Feral Lunge and GoW into one, make it at least that you use a "swipe" animation when landing, so it deals damage. I would be fine with that.
    Tbh, I dont care much for the damage aspect. As long as it is so low that we wouldn't be expected to use it in melee range though, I'd not mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Oms View Post
    For those without beta and curious about our new AOE rotation
    Hang on, I need to write this down. That's pretty complicated.

Deleted
    enhance is unlucky because atmog is really good on single and multi target. He makes a ton of damage and blizzard is not tuning enhance yet. Hope they ll not break the class just before the release because he is OP

This spec seems so cool, i can not decide if to play shamen or dk

All the streams people have kindly provided has probably solidified my decision to go back to my enhancement main instead of monk. Short of some miraculous changes to ele shaman or druid, enhancement shaman looks like a ton of fun.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've grouped with some pretty mean WW monks on beta so far. They said monk feels smoother to play, though im not sure what that means but it sounds like a good thing. Enhance is super fun, good single target, great burst, snappy aoe, instant self healing with maelstrom and the artifact weapon ties into the spec really well. The only draw back is that they're really squishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Apo84 View Post
    This spec seems so cool, i can not decide if to play shamen or dk
    Haha same problem w me. Both classes are amazing. But DK wins a bit because I am able to tank w him. Will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Oms View Post
    I've grouped with some pretty mean WW monks on beta so far. They said monk feels smoother to play, though im not sure what that means but it sounds like a good thing. Enhance is super fun, good single target, great burst, snappy aoe, instant self healing with maelstrom and the artifact weapon ties into the spec really well. The only draw back is that they're really squishy.
    If by smooth you mean braindead, sure.

They massively slowed down monk rotation by making the chi generator eat about twice the energy, and now your rotation is virtually TP>BOK>TP>BOK and fill in with FoF/RSK/WDP/SotW on cooldown (2 OF those are above 20 sec cd).

Their AoE is now tab target shit, without the 90 sec cd SEF cooldown you basically have to tab target hit mobs for your SCK to do damage.

Monks lost Fortifying Brew (10% damage reduction & hp increase), zen meditation (90% reduced damage to magic), nimble brew (cc berak and duration reduction) and the healing increase from Tigerseye Brew since that is also gone. Expel Harm is gone.

In exchange for all thsoe defensives and healing gone, they got a wimpy Effuse that heals for about 1/3 of what Healing Surge does, costs energy (without making it instant), making monks the only melee with a stationary hardcasted heal.

Your single target DPS cd is now also your AoE DPS cd, and it can be snared/CC'd into irrelevance by roots.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    ^ no idea what any of that means. Ive never played a monk

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley1 View Post
    tbh, I dont care much for the damage aspect. As long as it is so low that we wouldn't be expected to use it in melee range though, I'd not mind.
    I get what you're saying. Feral Lunge isn't used to do that though. I personally use it only to get faster to targets, and for that its good enough.
    I'll try to stream tonight and doing some instances. Showing off a bit more about enhancement shamans.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    I get what you're saying. Feral Lunge isn't used to do that though. I personally use it only to get faster to targets, and for that its good enough.
    I'll try to stream tonight and doing some instances. Showing off a bit more about enhancement shamans.
    Do you ever leave vods of Legion enh on twitch? I just see Overwatch on there.

I didnt stream beta in the last few weeks.
    Gonna stream it tonight though... gonna be a bit boring because of long waiting times for instances.

Edit:
    https://www.twitch.tv/darleth/v/70997090

A little VoD of the Neltharions Lair Dungeon. Im not really going into detail of Enhancement Shamans Ressource management or rotation, as its really just "use storm strike as much as possible" and "dump with lava lash while keeping buffs up", but I guess it shows at least a bit how enhancement shaman overall works in a bossfight.
    I even mess up my whole burst at the start of the last bossfight because I wasn't familiar with the fight at all.
    Overall, enhancement is just super fun to play. Talents chosen were Boulderfist, Feral Lunge, Voodoo Totem, Ancestral Swiftness, Tempest, Crashing Storm and Landslide.

Also; I truly need to up my quality a bit of the stream... had some problems with my provider the last few days, not sure how high I'm able to set things up currently. And gotta get my mic a bit higher... I'm not sure how OBS records everything currently, gotta try stuff out.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-06-07 at 01:56 AM.

*tips m'fedora*

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man... Tying to decide what to play for my dps alt.m narrowed it down to Surv Hunter, Affliction Lock or Enhance Shaman.

It's an almost impossible choice.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been running the beta for atleast a couple of days now and I just dropped by to say that you'll get another shaman into the fold.

Enhancement is probably the most satisfying spec out there, atleast in my opinion. Very visceral and meaty with good sound effects, flashy effects and overall a fun rotation.
    Now I know the trackrecord of enhancement but hey, I guess we can all just hope that we'll be numerically sound come Legion raids.