15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    "It’s rare to see a film that fails on almost every level. Duncan Jones’ Warcraft is one of those films. Already seriously in the running to take the prize for Worst Movie of 2016, Warcraft may prove that the fabled video game adaption “curse” is so strong that it can bring even the most talented of young filmmakers to their knees."

But nah guys, the critics are all wrong and it's amazing, right?
    You know what really matters when it comes to all forms of art? Consumer opinion. Most art critics are wrong since the dawn of this profession. Ask any artits or any art enthusiast. Sure, there are critics who recognize their own bias and do their best to be objective and provide usefull review. But those are rare flowers. I personally, in my whole life have met only 1 critic that meets the criteria of being consumer friendly and that is Totalbiscuit.

I have yet to read at least 1 decent review of Warcraft movie. Not the kind that praises it or even says it's a good movie. But the kind that actually tries to make sense. Actually, I've yet to see a good movie review. So since majority of movie critics are just bad at their job, I will as usual base the my opinion of the movie of my own experience (on Friday ^^ )
    Last edited by Lilija; 2016-06-04 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'll wait until I've actually seen it, which isn't until the 10th. Sigh.

But bear in mind, if it was a GOOD movie based on a video game, that would be the first time in history. Not counting "so bad it's good".
    eh, i liked silent hill

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    "It’s rare to see a film that fails on almost every level. Duncan Jones’ Warcraft is one of those films. Already seriously in the running to take the prize for Worst Movie of 2016, Warcraft may prove that the fabled video game adaption “curse” is so strong that it can bring even the most talented of young filmmakers to their knees."

But nah guys, the critics are all wrong and it's amazing, right?
    This review had no substance; it was just rambling. Broad, sweeping statements like "fails on every level" are indications of someone who probably shouldn't be in a writing profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamortykins View Post
    eh, i liked silent hill
    I thought it was doing alright until about the halfway mark, then it took a nosedive IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    People shouldn't care about reviews since it's always your own personal preference that matters and what you like, you should go watch the movie even if it has bad reviews. I've heard many Warcraft fans discuss about how much they liked or loved the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I think a 40% rating from RT would actually be quite accurate for this movie, its really not that good at all. If you look at all the flaws like the pacing and awkward use of CGI/actors, its already dragging down the movie quite a lot for a professional critic. Sure most fans will enjoy the movie solely because its Warcraft, but in their case they'll rate it because of their enjoyment which is helped by knowing its universe for so long. But if they're not familiar with Warcraft at all, they get more critical about the movies execution and may either like its setting or not. But when I look at the movies execution, I might be asking myself why I don't just watch LotR instead.

Its current rating on RT is way to low, but its also nowhere near 8-10/10 levels of good. The fans will vote the former, which imo isn't any more accurate then some of those RT reviewers have rated them. Which is why I also facepalm when someone is like ''yeah Rotten Tomatoes is crap, go see the IMDB rating instead thats actually good!''. They're both bad ratings, RT with to many unprofessional critics and IMDB with way to many fanboys blindly rating 10/10 before the movie even aired.

I'm questioning myself if the movie is going to have a sequel, as of now I'd be happy to see them break even. But the first movie has so many flaws that I doubt that the sequel would be much better. I still want it to do well ofcourse, as an Arthas fanboy I'd love to see a movie centered around him. But I'm not holding any hopes up.
    This is the best comment in this thread. Again, if you are a fan go and see it - you will love it. That doesn't mean the film is good - it's actually awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Same company that made the armor for LotR made the armor for this film...
    I guess you'll have to see it for yourself and decide
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

People who care about Warcraft or fantasy films must go anyway to make sure that we won't sink in the era of braindead transformers/marvel movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Excuse me, what? WoW was ALLWAYS Cartonish and NEVER grim and dark....
    Warcraft =/= Wow.

Warcraft 1 and 2 were much darker than subsequent games.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2016-06-04 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    This is the best comment in this thread. Again, if you are a fan go and see it - you will love it. That doesn't mean the film is good - it's actually awful.
    Incorrect. I went with my GF, a friend of hers and her boyfriend. Except me, none had a clue about Warcraft, WOW etc.. Her friend asked me, first thing when we came out : When is the next one coming.

All 4 of us loved the movie. Also, other friends of mine watched it and all loved it. So what you think of the movie definitely does not apply for a lot of other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    People shouldn't care about reviews since it's always your own personal preference that matters and what you like, you should go watch the movie even if it has bad reviews. I've heard many Warcraft fans discuss about how much they liked or loved the movie.
    More or less. I'm getting pissed off that people are basing their actions on poor reviews, especially when it's not even a review, but just shitalk, not talking about the content of the movie, then saying it's a FACT. That's especially true for those that broke the embargo to get the early clickbaiting.

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse me, what? WoW was ALLWAYS Cartonish and NEVER grim and dark....
    I'm sorry, did you ever even play Warcraft?
    Sure there might be some gags not related to the main plot (easter eggs, unit clicking), but the aside from that the Warcraft story was always mostly dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Warcraft =/= Wow.

Warcraft 1 and 2 were much darker than subsequent games.
    idk... warcraft was essentially just kill all orcs kill all humans

i mean, its mock fantasy

if warhammer is dark then so is warcraft

Budget was 160 mil for this Movie, if it does 400-500 worldwide, even if not a massive success, it will be profitable and will warrant a sequel. It does not need to go over 1 billion to be profitable and receive a sequel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Likely to be the profits that have the influence. If it does well in China and still fails to make money, why repeat the excercise?
    0% to not make money, but yeah money is what I was getting at.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Reading these reviews further enforces the general opinion that critics are a worthless addition to society, a swath of people who have no creative or intelligent background in the field they critique. Rather ironic really.

The overwhelmingly negative response just strikes me as nothing more than a way for them to gain views on the various pages they write for.
    Well that really makes no sense. If reviewers are really trying to "just get views" then the sensible thing to do is to buck the trend of everyone else to make your site stand out. "The overwhelmingly negative response", as you put it, would mean the "click bait" reviews would be the positive ones...

Maybe, just maybe, the film isn't actually that great. I've seen it and it isn't, as a fan of WoW and as a fan of films in general I was really disappointed. There's some very poor acting, the Humans and Orcs really don't gel well together on screen (mainly due to the humans), there was some frankly awful casting choices made, and all the real stuff looks very cheap.

I'm sure many will love it, just like many loved Batman v Superman, but likewise many won't.

Deleted
    Watched the movie - loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Watched the movie - loved it!
    Me too! "high five"

Saw the movie yesterday. Academically it's not the best movie around there, but who cares? Fuck academy and their oscars.

The movie is literally great, like really great. I loved every simple scene, every simple footage in it. Technically the color richness, the saturation and the color wavelenghts used are pure Warcraft. My eyes just could not quench their thirst for more.

The movie of the star is Lothar's gryphon by the way. That creature was too good, I loved it so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Xrxes View Post
    Incorrect. I went with my GF, a friend of hers and her boyfriend. Except me, none had a clue about Warcraft, WOW etc.. Her friend asked me, first thing when we came out : When is the next one coming.

All 4 of us loved the movie. Also, other friends of mine watched it and all loved it. So what you think of the movie definitely does not apply for a lot of other people.
    Incorrect. I saw the entire movie theater come out scratching their heads about wtf was going on.

And it is! Go with some people into the movie that have never played and warcraft game and they will tell you how bad it is and stolen from lotr and how bad the cgi is.
    I actually watched the film with 4 other persons (only 1 Person and I knew the warcraft lore) and 1.) they really liked it and 2.) no one said anything about Lotr. The Fantasy is somewhat similar to Lotr (you have orcs wow; lotr didnt invent them), but still it's a completely different concept and has a totally different Story than Lotr.

People who say it's STOLEN from Lotr simply haven't watched the movie.

Also all of them praised the orcs, because they were so well done. They were probably the higlight of the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    No one cares about "this is awesome posts", its just an echo chamber of praise, people are interested in the negatives, this site alone demonstrates that perfectly, you dont see many threads about praise because theres no point to them.

The film doesnt blow everyone else out the water but its by no means a bad movie, people have just been spoiled by the recent influx of high budget fantasy movies coming from people like Marvel and DC. For a fairly low budget movie the CG was impressively extensive, there are parts that let it down but to say its a failure or to compare it to movies like DBZ is just clickbait wank by desperate publishers.
    Pretty much this. I absolutely understand it if the People hate the movie and find it mediocre at best...

But saying that the movie is as shitty as DBZ, Super Mario Bros or hell even Titanic II is just so ridiculous to a point, that you can't call it an opinion, but a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    does well in China and still fails to make money
    This is literally impossible, you do know that, right? Do you know how many ticket sales is "doing well" there?