Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Thal'Dranath Curiosity

With Legion drawing nearer and nearer and the zones looking awesome with lore characters added etc. One thing on the map I have seen is that their is no Thal'Dranath that earlier maps has had on it. My question for you guys is do you think Thal'Dranath will exist in this game or do you think it will succumb to the fate of Farahlon?

Blizzard said even at the moment it was first previewed that it would be patch content.

There's no indication Thal'Dranath was scrapped. Farahlon was replaced by Tanaan (supposedly), we don't see Suramar being pushed back. While an island appearing out of nowhere is rather strange, it wouldn't be the first time it happens. And for all we know, it might not even be there yet lore-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Blizzard said even at the moment it was first previewed that it would be patch content.
    To be fair, the same was said about Farahlon (among other things) during WoD reveal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    To be fair, the same was said about Farahlon (among other things) during WoD reveal.
    To be fair, Tanaan wasnt supposed to be patch content, so that is hardly an argument

There is a certain youtuber who does Sandbox Videos and he has found that work has been done on Thal'dranath since Alpha started. Farahlon never got work done to it.

As for what it is? Sunken Night Elf City raised to the surface? Sunken Troll City raised to the surface?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    There is a certain youtuber who does Sandbox Videos and he has found that work has been done on Thal'dranath since Alpha started. Farahlon never got work done to it.

As for what it is? Sunken Night Elf City raised to the surface? Sunken Troll City raised to the surface?
    The only thing that people hope is that it will be implemented whether it be in a patch later or at the the release of Legion (not likely to happen).

Deleted

This is the video you were talking about. In my opinion its not likely it will get scraped. They need a zone to acompany either 7.1 or tomb of sargeras and broken shore is kinda small and already had big role

I think thal'dranath is where n'zoth live. If not, then pretty fucking damn close to where n'zoth lives.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no Tanaan on the map right now.

WoD launched with Tanaan on the map, and Tanaan came in 6.2.

Take a wild flying guess what Legion's Tanaan is.

As for what Thal'Dranth is going to be. The name sounds very Elvish, so I think we can throw out stuff like N'Zoth's tomb right away. My guess is it's an island that'll get raised from the sea floor by either the Legion (as a new base of operations after we wreck Suramar) or Azshara in some kind of ploy to take advantage of us at our weakest point.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They said it at gamescom and Blizzcon that it is coming in a content patch.

What's going on on this Island? No one knows.

If you look at the Chronicle map, Thal'Dranath lines up with the prison for N'Zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    If you look at the Chronicle map, Thal'Dranath lines up with the prison for N'Zoth.
    Seems pretty obvious to me they are building up an old gods patch or expansion. Burning legion expansion and patch was hinted at in wod's launch content. Azshara, Naga and old gods are heavily hinted at in legion's launch content. Connecting the dots, it's very obvious.

Yeah, it seems pretty obvious that Thal'dranath is going to be the setting for some Old God and Naga plot.

Southern Thal'dranath is exactly where N'zoth's sunken Titan prison should be, so either Thal'dranath is going to be an underwater zone (would make sense given Naga presence) or Azshara is going to raise the whole damn thing off the surface of the ocean floor.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Yeah, it seems pretty obvious that Thal'dranath is going to be the setting for some Old God and Naga plot.

Southern Thal'dranath is exactly where N'zoth's sunken Titan prison should be, so either Thal'dranath is going to be an underwater zone (would make sense given Naga presence) or Azshara is going to raise the whole damn thing off the surface of the ocean floor.
    I am actually gonna say I think its gonna be risen to the surface. We don't have a zone like that in WoW and the only other MMO that does have it (GW2) has been talking MAD shit about how great there raiding is recently. I could see Blizzard release the Risen Island and a fuckhuge raid to laugh at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Would you happen to know where I can find a picture of this, or those two seperately? Because I'm very into the lore behind Old Gods and would love to take a gander at this.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's no indication Thal'Dranath was scrapped. Farahlon was replaced by Tanaan (supposedly), we don't see Suramar being pushed back. While an island appearing out of nowhere is rather strange, it wouldn't be the first time it happens. And for all we know, it might not even be there yet lore-wise.

no they dident, they said they would "like to add farahlon" wit hthis they said it will be patch content, so i think they will deliver on this
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Thebadhunter View Post
    Would you happen to know where I can find a picture of this, or those two seperately? Because I'm very into the lore behind Old Gods and would love to take a gander at this.

Either it will be in 7.1 or 7.2 or will end up like Farahlon, hopefully the former.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no they dident, they said they would "like to add farahlon" wit hthis they said it will be patch content, so i think they will deliver on this
    "Oh well, we've got Farahlon. ... You guys will explore that later on. ... You'll be adventuring there in a patch, but it's not there for the launch of WoD."
    https://youtu.be/9TKO3Z_oVac?t=14m45s
    That's as far as simmilarities between Thal'Dranath and Farahlon development go at the moment. Nothing more, nothing less.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Oh well, we've got Farahlon. ... You guys will explore that later on. ... You'll be adventuring there in a patch, but it's not there for the launch of WoD."
    https://youtu.be/9TKO3Z_oVac?t=14m45s
    That's as far as simmilarities between Thal'Dranath and Farahlon development go at the moment. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Yeah good point... It is sad everyone takes everything at blizzcon as a promise. As really it's just a "this is our plans"

And sadly they had big plans for wod but I guess canceled them. The raid on shatrath and socrethar. Farahlon and ogre empire the great floating apexsis city. Possible ogre/arrakoa races to go with those zones. The garrison additions. Like the extra building slot we we're going to get. And the constant weekly garrison campaign they said they wanted to do...

- - - Updated - - -

Also as labeled above. Thaldranath does line up with nzoths prison. Nzoth controls the naga... so lady azshara this expansion shows up. Nzoth is right near by under Thaldranath. And idk if you guys have seen but there is a fish mount. And 2 jellyfish mounts... and for a expansion with little water... seems weird. So I'm betting Thaldranath will be either 7.1 r 7.2 and will have us fight the naga and Nzoth. We will the have a troll patch that small strings have datamined. Where now that the naga are scattered the nearby zandalar island is free to push out. And tries to attack us. We could see more with voljin there. And then at the end we go through the portal. End up in kiljadens palace (or we ride the exodar there) and kill kiljaden for what happens with velen
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-06-05 at 05:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content