Btw, China already 500k tickets preordered

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The general audience, confused by the trailers, grow sceptical and wait for the reviews, and then disregard the movie as soon as the first few ones say "it's crap", because they already expected it to be crap, because it's a "videogame adaptation".
    The general audience likes the movie, though. Does it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Oh no, keep Universal out of this for the (theorical) sequel, good lord.
    Can Legendary make a movie without Universal? Can Duncan Jones, Rob Kazinsky and the others make a movie without Legendary? Do their contracts allow that?

Everybody is own by someone in this business, I don't think you can just cut a company off and keep the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weird considering they're the prime backing for this film that you think they'd end up paying less. The distributor pays the studio that made the film for the right to distribute, then cover marketing and distributing costs. That's why they will get the majority of the box office.
    That's why it won't be their money, they're the ones who are pretty much guaranteed to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    The general audience likes the movie, though. Does it not?
    Those who actually give it a chance, despite the trailers, the non-descriptive reviews and the unrealistically low scores? It seems so.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-06-04 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paramount with luck. As far as I know (or remember), it was actually under WB when it first started with Legendary all those years back, but then it was aquired to be distributed by Universal. If it makes decent money, other distributors like Paramount could be interested.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2016-06-04 at 05:11 PM.

Deleted
    Who would you rather see distribute the film? WB? Fox? Disney won't because of merchadising rights.
    Sorry, I am not versed in those things. What about merchandising rights and Disney? Do you mean that Blizzard has those and Disney would want them or am I misinterpreting this?

Deleted
    This film took 3 years of Duncan's life to make. I would say 2019 at the earliest.
    Yes i know that it took them 3 years, but now hey have all the cgi models+ render materials they will have to come up with a few new and they have also armors swords a few sets that they can reuse

Yes. Blizzard maintains primary rights over most merchandising using these characters, including things like books. That seriously hurts the bottom line for a company like Disney that likes to sell toys and whatnot in their stores and theme parks.
    To be fair, most of the merchandising for this movie is awful. There's a couple figures that are nice, and the Pop toys that are, well, not the worst. Everything else is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    Yes i know that it took them 3 years, but now hey have all the cgi models+ render materials they will have to come up with a few new and they have also armors swords a few sets that they can reuse
    Besides, I'm sure the development hell this movie went through involved a lot of paperwork that's now out of the way. Still, I don't think a sequel with so much CGI can be done in less than two years, and it hasn't even been greenlit yet. 2019-2020 sounds reasonable.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-06-04 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Those who actually give it a chance, despite the trailers, the non-descriptive reviews and the unrealistically low scores? It seems so.
    Well yes, exactly, "audience" doesn't equal "the public". The public may have its opinions and that opinion really amounts to fuck all. If the film has an audience and if the audience is large enough and satisfied enough with the film, we'll be getting some more. Which is what's important.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Frozen Death Knight;40622504]Just got back home from watching the movie a 2nd time. I really enjoyed watching it again. Also, after watching the scene with Medivh and Garona, I am starting to suspect that Medivh being her father is actually the case. The story he tells Garona about him meeting a strong people and a woman who loved him for who he was during his travels to find himself sounded like it had more importance than I originally thought it would.

I found a couple of new neat things in the movie by the way.

- During the "duel" between Lothar's son and Grom Hellscream, Gorehowl actually whistles like in the lore when they clashed weapons.
    - When the scene in Elwynn Forest starts with the forest ambush by the Orcs, you can hear Gnolls in the background somewhere in the forest.
    - After Khadgar dispels Sargeras from Medivh's body, you can see the levelling up effect from World of WarCraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Again how would Medivh would have meet with a orc so far back? The whole movie is about how humans first meet orcs, just doesnt make sense. I think there is more to it

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Well yes, exactly, "audience" doesn't equal "the public". The public may have its opinions and that opinion really amounts to fuck all. If the film has an audience and if the audience is large enough and satisfied enough with the film, we'll be getting some more. Which is what's important.
    Well, yeah, my post was about this movie doing very poorly compared to other similar movies that somehow became a phenomenon purely because of marketing.

That doesn't mean I don't expect it to do "well enough", it means it's not doing as well as stuff like Fast & Furious, Jurassic World or Avatar, which aren't really better movies.

Deleted
    Only if they saved the sets(many don't get saved). The cgi would still require a ton of work for new races and locations. Plus they will need to write a script, sign a director, sign actors. It's a lot of shit to get this done. The first film was 10 years in the making, it took Duncan three years.
    Sign a director? You think they didn't like Duncan? plus imo the script should be almost done for a sequel and the new races are only goblins and gnomes they already have troll models
    Last edited by mmoc193995c0cb; 2016-06-04 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Imo, they already prepared the terrain for at least a second one. They prolly did it in prevention for the case the movie would bring back enough money. I think they're only waiting for the general world reviews (critics and audience ones) to announce that a second one is on the rails. Maybe even waiting for the dvd selling.

But if that happens, I seriously think we could expect this for 2018-2019. That's how sequels are rythmed on the actual franchises that makes money.

[QUOTE=adrii021;40698083]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Just got back home from watching the movie a 2nd time. I really enjoyed watching it again. Also, after watching the scene with Medivh and Garona, I am starting to suspect that Medivh being her father is actually the case. The story he tells Garona about him meeting a strong people and a woman who loved him for who he was during his travels to find himself sounded like it had more importance than I originally thought it would.

I found a couple of new neat things in the movie by the way.

- During the "duel" between Lothar's son and Grom Hellscream, Gorehowl actually whistles like in the lore when they clashed weapons.
    - When the scene in Elwynn Forest starts with the forest ambush by the Orcs, you can hear Gnolls in the background somewhere in the forest.
    - After Khadgar dispels Sargeras from Medivh's body, you can see the levelling up effect from World of WarCraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Again how would Medivh would have meet with a orc so far back? The whole movie is about how humans first meet orcs, just doesnt make sense. I think there is more to it
    If there any mention of Sargeras possessing Medivh in movie? Does Khadgar utter that word or show any reaction at all when Medivh turns? Everywhere I go, I read things like "fel infected him" or "he was corrupted by fel". Fel can't corrupt you anymore than wind or water can corrupt you. Exposure to fel might have some side effects but fel on it's own is just there. Power to be tapped in. A warlock can tap into this fel from nether and use it. It doesn't require soul sucking. At this point, it is totally useless to discuss why or how of anything. Shut your mind, ignore everything you know and hope movie tells you what is what..

Deleted
    [QUOTE=jdbond592;40698291]
    Quote Originally Posted by adrii021 View Post

If there any mention of Sargeras possessing Medivh in movie? Does Khadgar utter that word or show any reaction at all when Medivh turns? Everywhere I go, I read things like "fel infected him" or "he was corrupted by fel". Fel can't corrupt you anymore than wind or water can corrupt you. Exposure to fel might have some side effects but fel on it's own is just there. Power to be tapped in. A warlock can tap into this fel from nether and use it. It doesn't require soul sucking. At this point, it is totally useless to discuss why or how of anything. Shut your mind, ignore everything you know and hope movie tells you what is what..
    Nobody mentions Sargeras but that's for lorefans to puzzle out. We only get told in the movie Fel corrupts, it's green, it can't be controlled and turns everything it touches into hideous beings. Pretty logical to assume that when Medivh steps into a pool of fel liquid he as powerful mage turns into a great horned demon thing.

Deleted
    And the word "demons" is said from times to times. I don't remember the exact sentence, but one from Kadghar makes a relation between Fel and the demons. What's Garona is saying to Medhiv in the cage tend to this direction too.

I think it could still be distributed by Universal, but then they REALLY have to step up their marketing!

Btw. yesterday, on http://www.upi-boxoffice.com/ the box office was counted as:

$47,245,127

Now today, on Mojo, its:

$53,900,000

Which means... $6,654,873 in a day's time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    Assuming that the movie will do good, when we can expect the sequel? winter 2018/2019 or later?
    I think 2018/2019 is pretty accurate. Duncan will first direct his new movie Mute, then start to work on Warcraft 2. If he begins pre-production in mid 2017 we can expect shooting in late 2017 to early 2018 (pre-production probably won't take long because they can recycle the armors, weapons and sets from the first movie). Then they need at least a year for post production. So yeah, I'd say the movie will be ready in early 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I think it could still be distributed by Universal, but then they REALLY have to step up their marketing!

Btw. yesterday, on http://www.upi-boxoffice.com/ the box office was counted as:

$47,245,127

Now today, on Mojo, its:

$53,900,000

Which means... $6,654,873 in a day's time
    Great, it'd need to get that everyday for, like, a month?

Let's hope China loooves this movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adrii021 View Post
    In the movie Medivh says to Garona that he had traveled many worlds when he was young.

Great, it'd need to get that everyday for, like, a month?

Let's hope China loooves this movie.
    Well this number is based on the markets where its already out in, which is... what? How many countries are it out in yet?