Page 10 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    And if you still need to AoE after Brutal Slash has run out of charges you screwed up. The whole point of Brutal Slash is burst. You store up charges and then unleash them and blow the enemies up. Yes, Feral has to choose between burst and sustained while other specs don't, but Blizzard is pretty dead-set on Feral being a single-target spec so complaining about that is useless. At least we now have the option for decent AoE whereas on live we just can't AoE period.
    You don't really believe this do you? I doubt even half of the Boss fights will line up with Brutal Slash's CD in a useful way. Probably more like 25% of the Raid bosses and 0% of the Mythic+ dungeons.

Adding all the other Feral Legion specific discussions from the past year that were not about forms or animations I get 10 pages plus these 10 pages. Given this is the 4th expansion in a row with no real effort put into the spec it is not that surprising.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2016-06-04 at 05:08 AM.

Okay Page count discussion again...:
    Feral didnt have a own thread for quite some time....it had different small threads...and most of the ferals discuss in other Forums (Fluiddruid i think)

---

Brutal Slash CD seems to high. After the first group you can maybe use it one time every group thats bullshit. (5-Man Dungeon-Content)
    Just retain Swipe and gimg the dmg a little bit or something.
    ---
    Are there any comparison singel-target-Legion sims ? I know they change a lot and it isnt final and blahblah, but would be intresting where feral(and the rest) stands.

Or has anybody logs of singel target fights? (Honestly dont know where to look for it)
    Last edited by Nerxyrall; 2016-06-04 at 12:16 PM.

Deleted
    Even if we're talkin about counting pages... Take a loot at class feedback forums.
    While I agree that almost none of our core problems <fkin SR god I hate it so much, and aoe... "somehow" adressed, not commenting on that> were resolved and posting the same thing over and over again on class feedback might be bad, this still makes me nervous. It's like 5 ferals post at all at US forums. Not counting eu forums coz prolly they aren't even read by Blizz.
    #dunbelievewhattheysay

With the new talents philosophy Brutal Slash is out of place, maybe they will change it.

Im in beta but I dont test any dungeon or hard content, how is your cleave 2/3 targets after bleed/mastery nerfs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Feral's thread is smaller because Feral feedback is split between like eight different threads here while the others are all contained in one thread. If you combine all of them it would be at least as big as, or even significantly bigger than, Guardian's or Resto's.
    A bigger reason for why the Feral thread here is so short is that Feral actually has a dedicated website that's quite popular(Fluid Druid) as well as a pretty active Discord, so MMOC isn't as much of a hub for Feral as it is for some other specs.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    A bigger reason for why the Feral thread here is so short is that Feral actually has a dedicated website that's quite popular(Fluid Druid) as well as a pretty active Discord, so MMOC isn't as much of a hub for Feral as it is for some other specs.
    I agree but even those threads pretty much died after Blizzard stopped working on Feral.

As was pointed out there is just nothing useful to add when Blizzard does't work on your spec.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    I agree but even those threads pretty much died after Blizzard stopped working on Feral.

As was pointed out there is just nothing useful to add when Blizzard does't work on your spec.
    Speaking of which, not sure if it's been mentioned here, but yesterday Celestalon showed up in the Feral Discord for a bit, and the stuff he said was not very comforting. The TL;DR of it was basically that they think Feral is mechanically fine and tuning can fix its issues. Obviously that's not something anybody in the Discord agreed with.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    You don't really believe this do you? I doubt even half of the Boss fights will line up with Brutal Slash's CD in a useful way. Probably more like 25% of the Raid bosses and 0% of the Mythic+ dungeons.

Adding all the other Feral Legion specific discussions from the past year that were not about forms or animations I get 10 pages plus these 10 pages. Given this is the 4th expansion in a row with no real effort put into the spec it is not that surprising.
    I agree that the recharge is too long since it replaces our only spammable AoE. I'm not sure how they would want to solve that without making it even more powerful in single-target though. Reduced cooldown if it hits 3+ targets?

As for the thread, we have 10 pages here, there was another thread a few months back that was at least 7, 3 for the how to earn a raid spot one, two for the "Feral mains: how are you in Legion" thread, and 9 for the powershifting one (technically all specs, but it was 99% Feral discussion). So around 30 pages total, assuming there wasn't more I didn't go back far enough to find. Not a ton, for sure, especially compared to Balance, but as someone else mentioned a lot of Feral discussion takes place elsewhere as well.

Speaking of which, not sure if it's been mentioned here, but yesterday Celestalon showed up in the Feral Discord for a bit, and the stuff he said was not very comforting. The TL;DR of it was basically that they think Feral is mechanically fine and tuning can fix its issues. Obviously that's not something anybody in the Discord agreed with.
    Yeh that was kind of insulting. Acting like nobody had posted useful feedback in the Class beta forum.

They still need to add 2 glyphs, one that hides our artifact forms and another that lets us take the CoS form. Those assets are in game already and it wouldn't take that long to create the glyphs.

I've been playing the beta for the past couple days, and I feel like blizzard is going backwards with SR. SR is going from being 0 cp spammable to get your opener with the buff, to a glyph that gives you a retarded SR duration, to now struggling to keep it up. Yes it as always scales with gear, once we have more crit, and some artifact traits we get more CP, but in the recent past even with low gear it was at least maintainable doesn't feel that way so far. Personally I liked the short 0 cp SR for the opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazuny View Post
    I've been playing the beta for the past couple days, and I feel like blizzard is going backwards with SR. SR is going from being 0 cp spammable to get your opener with the buff, to a glyph that gives you a retarded SR duration, to now struggling to keep it up. Yes it as always scales with gear, once we have more crit, and some artifact traits we get more CP, but in the recent past even with low gear it was at least maintainable doesn't feel that way so far. Personally I liked the short 0 cp SR for the opener.
    The SR change pretty ruins what was looking like a great talent for Feral, Jagged Wounds. Ferals had been pleading for shorter bleeds for years and when they finally give it to us they attach a poison pill to ruin it.

Last edited by teddabear; 2016-06-06 at 07:40 AM.

He's always been kind of an haughty dev. Daddy knows best type of guy.

I really wanted to play feral because I like the new cat forms and the theme... but savage roar and blood talons are utter shit talents.
    Savage Roar: dispel the 30% dmg debuff for 24 seconds
    Blood Talons: overheal yourself before entering catform to get a dmg boost.

I don't get it...why would anybody think this is fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Loaky View Post
    I really wanted to play feral because I like the new cat forms and the theme... but savage roar and blood talons are utter shit talents.
    Savage Roar: dispel the 30% dmg debuff for 24 seconds
    Blood Talons: overheal yourself before entering catform to get a dmg boost.

I don't get it...why would anybody think this is fun?
    Because it adds decisionmaking to what you do. If neither of those exist, you just keep up Rip and spend any other CP on Bite. With SR you have to consider 2 different durations whenever deciding if you can afford to Bite without dropping the other 2 things. BT just becomes second nature after a while, sure, but it still adds complexity to the spec. I mean, ideal use would be casting the HT on somebody who needs it rather than just overhealing yourself, that alone adds a pretty big skillceiling, because paying attention to other people's health isn't usually part of what DPS do.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-06-06 at 07:20 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yes but 30% dmg buff is way to strong... you have to take that,.. why is it a talent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loaky View Post
    Yes but 30% dmg buff is way to strong... you have to take that,.. why is it a talent?
    It hasn't been tuned. If it's too powerful compared to the other talents it will get reduced whenever Blizzard gets around to tuning Feral.

I highly doubt they will tune Savage Roar to not be better than the competition. We just had an xpac of obviously better talents being picked for the rest of the xpac.

Which is why I want it nuked from orbit and replaced with something else.

Well, you could try asking a Moonkin to cast FoE on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I highly doubt they will tune Savage Roar to not be better than the competition. We just had an xpac of obviously better talents being picked for the rest of the xpac.

Which is why I want it nuked from orbit and replaced with something else.
    It probably will be, because it's a lot harder to use. Personally I'll be okay with that as long as it's not too far ahead, though.