Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Only thing that surprises me a bit is how well D.Va is doing. The rest I expected.

- - - Updated - - -

Also perhaps Symmetra's win rate is so high because very few people pick her on attack maps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to choose somewhat less popular heroes, and lately I've been in a pattern of choosing Symmetra on any defense map, and D.Va on other maps.

It makes sense for less played heroes to have higher win percentages because it's more likely that the people who choose them often play them better than people who avoid them most of the time.

I have a 67% win rate on Symmetra (86 wins), and a 62% win rate on D.Va (54 wins). My other heroes are more in line with the list you've posted.

I think Mercy and Lucio make sense as the most popular characters as you pretty much need to have one of them on the majority of teams.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I honestly don't know why some people think Mercy is so great, IMO she needs a buff.

But you should note that these winrates are all in the 48-53% range so the differential really isn't that big. Torbjorn and Symmetra are the only real outliers.
    mercy is amazing in a coordinated group, crap in a solo q game.

Also, symmetra bastion and torb, get picked on defense and so do well, but dont get picked on attack so the win rate is "artificially" high.

Compare to WM, very popular, but crap on attack or point maps, so lower win rate, regardless of how good the hero is..

You have to be careful of these stats without being able to really break them down into somethign meaningful

Both Widowmaker and McCree being low winrate was expected, not been a game within the last 20 where there has not been a McCree on both teams, and most of the time there has been a Widowmaker aswell.

Widowmaker is great for some select maps (Temple of Anubis as an example), where there are high platforms and lots of them + a long range. Maps like Numbani and King's Row are harder to play in my opinion(Especially on attack), as most of the places you can get to are easily accesible from behind, where a Soldier/Tracer can easily just murder you. I see alot of Widowmakers not utilising her hook creative on such maps, which really hurts her utility of being able to snipe for alot of different places. If you are able to snipe someone while being airborne from using your hook properly, can play her on almost any maps.

McCree is another story. I see so many players who uses High Noon at the most obvious time and place, half the time you even get to kill him before he locks up on someone. Alot are also waiting for that Potg ult, which is really risky. Better take out 1-2 persons and being able to fight, than dying trying to lock onto 5 people.<
    on payload maps, where you are attacking and have a Reinhardt, I also see very few McCree's sticking to the payload, which I find to be a huge mistake. Why? Because McCree is the best at anti-flanking, which removes one of Reinhardt's heavy counters (And the same for Mercy aswell). Only ones on payload maps that should not be on the load should be Widowmaker, Genji and Tracer for most part (With the exception of Pharah being in the air ofc.)

The thing between Mercy and Lucio, hard to tell really. Mercy is a more active support when it comes to healing, as she has to channel at each target. Can't tell how many times I have been running around, wishing our Mercy was a Lucio, because our Mercy was barely healing anyone but 1-2 players, as she was tunneling on them. Mercy requires alot more map awareness in my opinion aswell and a good team to function. Can't tell how many Mercys I have caught off guard with no allies to jump to, where Lucio atleast can get away.
    The fact that Lucio's ult has to be timed perfectly for pushing/counter pushing, compared to Mercys ult, which requires people to be dead in a somewhat near area, can make it or break it. Have had times where I have wiped out the entire team, just for their Mercy to run in after respawning, ressing them all. So frustrating, where as Lucio's ult can easily fail by being used too early.

So TLDR; The flaw of these winratio's are the fact that they are covering all skill levels. You simply can't compare them, as Mercy can be just as great in the hands of a good/great player and team, as a Lucio could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I think Mercy and Lucio make sense as the most popular characters as you pretty much need to have one of them on the majority of teams.
    They also have a much harder time influencing the result of the game. They're necessary, but they can do their job perfectly and still lose the match because the rest of the team didn't.

Symmetra has high winrate because mostly only intelligent people play her

The thing with Mercy is that she depends so much on her team mates not playing like retards. Lucio can take care of himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You see the same thing in league of legends where under powered champions don't have bad win rates because only people dedicated to that champion are still playing it. similarly the current flavor of the month op champion doesn't have a good win rate because people are jumping to him in an attempt at easy wins even when they lack the knowledge/skill to play him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Winrates dont change the fact that Widowmaker is essentially a Call of Duty hero in a Team Fortress game, and McCree is just absolutely broken.

I understand why theres a sniper in this game, it just makes it incredibly anti-fun however.

Soldier 76 is the "CoD hero".

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Actually, Blizzard has historically shown that they DO balance around the bell curve/average, which is where the majority of their playerbase is. Now, this remains to be seen in Overwatch, but in their other games... They do not balance around cutting edge players.
    Like I said before, if they actually did balance the game around casual play, the game would be considered a joke in e-sports.

aaaaaaaaaaaay my baby Symmetra has the highest win rate but least popularity. :P

I think Mercy has the lowest win rate because she is entirely reliant on her team as she latches onto team mates, if they die she does to.

She gets entirely carried by her team mates whilst no other Hero honestly does to the same extent.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-06-04 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    aaaaaaaaaaaay my baby Symmetra has the highest win rate but least popularity. :P

I think Mercy has the lowest win rate because she is entirely reliant on her team as she latches onto team mates, if they die she does to.

She gets entirely carried by her team mates whilst no other Hero honestly does to the same extent.
    She's the hardest to properly utilize, and she's really, really, really, really weak on attack.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Symmetra has high winrate because mostly only intelligent people play her

The thing with Mercy is that she depends so much on her team mates not playing like retards. Lucio can take care of himself.
    Not only can Lucio take care of himself, but he doesn't really require any teammates to play around his heal.

Like, Zenyatta, you have to keep line of sight of Zenyatta to keep the heal going, yet people will just dart off anyway.
    Mercy needs to hang back a bit so she doesn't get mobbed by the entire team, and if you're on a building you need to be near an edge for her to jump to you. She also needs to be protected.

Lucio just needs to be near. That's really all. Sure, there's more to be used to maximum efficiency, but it's not needed for just random games usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Lucio just needs to be near. That's really all. Sure, there's more to be used to maximum efficiency, but it's not needed for just random games usually.
    And "near" for a 30 meter range for the aura to take effect is not really "near" anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Widowmaker is essentially a Call of Duty hero in a Team Fortress game
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySKxfklhQJU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PREMoKzhUUs
    https://youtu.be/9NZDwZbyDus

Snipers are not new to "TF" games lol. That said, WM is definitely more useful than those ever were.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySKxfklhQJU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PREMoKzhUUs
    https://youtu.be/9NZDwZbyDus

Snipers are not new to "TF" games lol. That said, WM is definitely more useful than those ever were.
    Only you would go right for TF Classic first.

But Sniper in TF2 was debatable, he was really good on the custom maps most the time since people loved making them extremely large for some reason.

Only you would go right for TF Classic first.

But Sniper in TF2 was debatable, he was really good on the custom maps most the time since people loved making them extremely large for some reason.
    cuz TFC is still, by a far margin, the greatest team game ever

Playing ~1000 matches doesn't hurt my enjoyment of it either

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    cuz TFC is still, by a far margin, the greatest team game ever

Playing ~1000 matches doesn't hurt my enjoyment of it either
    And last time this was brought up I think I mentioned how I immediately shut the game down after seeing how awful it looked, and you said I had bad taste or something

Either way though, yeah, TF has had snipers already, except the "close range" weapon was usually a secondary weapon (At least in terms of TF2, not sure about TFC)

And last time this was brought up I think I mentioned how I immediately shut the game down after seeing how awful it looked, and you said I had bad taste or something
    It's a 16 year old Half Life mod lol Of course it looks like melted dogshit

Still the greatest team based game ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    Mccree and Widowmaker both have some of the lowest winrates, despite being some of the more popular heroes (and the ones people are most mad about).
    It makes sense if you think about it. The more popular a hero is, the more likely there is one on both teams. Since only one team can win, the win rate for that hero is going to almost have a natural cap. No surprise they're at ~50%.

All 3 turret heroes (Symmetry, Torbjorn, and Bastion to an extent) have the highest winrates.
    Again, makes sense, because they are quite good at defense. I rarely see them on offense (Bastion being a small exception), so at least in my experience they are being used where they're strong and not used where they're weak.

Lucio seems to be the far better support compared to Mercy, despite both being the most popular heroes, with Mercy having the lowest overall winrate and Lucio having one of the highest.
    I'm a little surprised about that because Mercy's rez can be so game-changing. I think people just need to get more comfortable with her and, specifically, her weaknesses. That said, Lucio is a great hero as well and it looks like the organized team strat is to carry both.

Thoughts?
    Not quite related but the KD bothers me. It must be calculating eliminations, because every hero other than Mercy has a KD greater than 1. I guess that's fine, but it gives a skewed view of player skill. For example in BF4 with around 500 hours played, I have a 1.2 KD but an overall KD over 2 in Overwatch.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

I have 65% win rate with lucio, 75% with mercy. Played more pub games as lucio, premade team we run Lucio+mercy combo.
    Working on my next ban.