Poll: Is your family pet's life worth more to you then a strangers?

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    About the gorilla or the thread in general?

About the thread in general, there are even less problem of understanding:

People also see those close to them over people that they don't even know. Do I care about starving children in Africa? No, because to me, they are just "a thing".

Everything I hold closer to me (don't even need to be a pet, even my car, or even my computer) I value more than the life of a stranger I don't even know. Since I don't know him/her, their lives have zero value to me, therefore less than the value my computer brings me.

I don't even know why is that a difficult concept.
    So, selfish is the definition here. Doesn't give a fuck about anything that doesn't benefit himself. The world could essentially burn, as long as he is fine. Yet you constantly post in controversial threads with what should or shouldn't be done.

Now in the case of the Gorilla and the Child, by your own comments you don't give a fuck about either, yet are inserting your value of which one is more important. A ruse to just try to get your post count up, or bait. I wonder which, or both.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I know right, people use the "oh what if it was a child?" bullshit
    I never understand that either.

I don't care about people starving in Africa, whether they are children or not.

Being children doesn't suddenly get you extra empathy points, at least to me anyway. Somehow a lot of people seems to give extra empathy just because it is a child, that is something I don't understand either.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well in Canada, as long as you are in your home and they have a weapon you deem deadly you can use as much force as you deem necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

I know right, people use the "oh what if it was a child?" bullshit, but really most kids are fucking stupid, its not their fault their brains haven't developed and that is fine it is nature, but with over population and all that fun stuff it would suck but you can't be a bleeding heart to every fucker you don't know.
    Over population? This isn't China lmao.
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    That isn't how it works. You are prioritizing animal life over human. Either the Animal is more important or not. Funny how all the sudden animal is less important when it comes to your life.
    The way I see it, Grym is prioritizing the life of the one who didn't do anything wrong over the life of the one who made a stupid thing and got themselves in trouble. Much like, choosing between two humans, one attacking another with a knife, very few people will side with the attacker. Indeed, in the mentioned case, gorilla wasn't to blame for anything, as its territory was invaded by a child stupidly let in there by their parents, and it naturally went to defend it - I also don't think gorilla should have been put down for that (although they should have done everything non-violent in their power to save the child; maybe try to scare the gorilla off with fake shots or something).

I won't lie, I tend to value human's life higher than that of other animals - no particular objective reason, it is just what I do naturally. However, when a human does something stupid and gets in trouble with another animal, since it is not the animal's fault, I will tend to side with the animal.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, selfish is the definition here. Doesn't give a fuck about anything that doesn't benefit himself. The world could essentially burn, as long as he is fine. Yet you constantly post in controversial threads with what should or shouldn't be done.

Now in the case of the Gorilla and the Child, by your own comments you don't give a fuck about either, yet are inserting your value of which one is more important. A ruse to just try to get your post count up, or bait. I wonder which, or both.
    Most people are selfish, get over it, if I have the cure for cancer you bet I will patent the fuck out of it.

And yes, I don't care about either, but the gorilla probably hold a high "value" due to being endanger specie, which it can attract tourist (which brings in money), or even sold on some black market (which will be A LOT of money).

And why does something have to be bait, or post count, just because you don't agree with that view? Maybe you are the one that better learn to accept people hold different values to you.

Being children doesn't suddenly get you extra empathy points, at least to me anyway. Somehow a lot of people seems to give extra empathy just because it is a child, that is something I don't understand either.
    Maybe one day you will understand if you become a parent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    The way I see it, Grym is prioritizing the life of the one who didn't do anything wrong over the life of the one who made a stupid thing and got themselves in trouble.
    I think you gave me too much credit lol.

If it was just some usual animal that is dim a dozen, I wouldn't mind either way. But that gorilla is endanger therefore has much higher value (rarity ALWAYS add a value, and monetary value too) than the child.

Maybe the child will be some CEO in some leading technology company, I won't know, but at this moment in time the gorilla hold more value IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Again back to the "hold value to those closer to me".

If it was MY child, of course I will hold it of high value, still doesn't mean I would care about other people's child.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    When one forms a bond to a child, in the way that you percieve them to be your child...

Parental instincts can do crazy things to you.

Most people are selfish, get over it, if I have the cure for cancer you bet I will patent the fuck out of it.

And yes, I don't care about either, but the gorilla probably hold a high "value" due to being endanger specie, which it can attract tourist (which brings in money), or even sold on some black market (which will be A LOT of money).

And why does something have to be bait, or post count, just because you don't agree with that view? Maybe you are the one that better learn to accept people hold different values to you.
    Most people. Your terrible way to live life isn't a basis of how the majority of people are. Stop speaking for everyone. It is a bait or post count because you clearly stating you don't give any fucks, yet keep arguing like you do.

The fact that you don't have sympathy for other human life is actually quite disgusting.

You also already made it apparent that when it comes to your life then the animal doesn't matter. This is just getting hilarious now.

Deleted

Again back to the "hold value to those closer to me".

If it was MY child, of course I will hold it of high value, still doesn't mean I would care about other people's child.
    Children are very often defenseless, compared to a grown adult. To which why, many, would feel more empathy towards them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people. Your terrible way to live life isn't a basis of how the majority of people are. Stop speaking for everyone. It is a bait or post count because you clearly stating you don't give any fucks, yet keep arguing like you do.

The fact that you don't have sympathy for other human life is actually quite disgusting.
    I posted my opinion as a one off, but then it was directly quoted and responded to, therefore I answer, simple as that.

I posted my opinion as a one off, but then it was directly quoted and responded to, therefore I answer, simple as that.
    Supports exactly what I stated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofcourse. I don't give a shit about people I dont know... >_>
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Ofcourse. I don't give a shit about people I dont know... >_>
    Thank you, a few people here seem to have a hard time understanding that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you gave me too much credit lol.

If it was just some usual animal that is dim a dozen, I wouldn't mind either way. But that gorilla is endanger therefore has much higher value (rarity ALWAYS add a value, and monetary value too) than the child.

Maybe the child will be some CEO in some leading technology company, I won't know, but at this moment in time the gorilla hold more value IMO.
    Ah, then I disagree. I don't think a species being endangered should warrant preferential treatment of individuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Ah, then I disagree. I don't think a species being endangered should warrant preferential treatment of individuals.
    Because it worth money lol

It is quite funny to see some one thinking so highly of them self's.

You are an animal just because you have climbed just a bit more on the evolutionary ladder doesn't mean you are worth more then the dog next door in the grand scheme of things.

You sir suffer from the superiority complex that most of humans do.
    It will be the end of us as a race/animal one day as much as it was for other higher evolved creatures before us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I love my dog to no end. But if I had to face an ultimatum such as saving my dog or a stranger. I would save a stranger.

It's called human decency. We are suppose to care for one another over other species.
    There are something call emotional attachment.

You should have more emotional attachment to your dog than some random stranger thus making sacrifice of the stranger to save your pet OK.

There are something call emotional attachment.

You should have more emotional attachment to your dog than some random stranger thus making sacrifice of the stranger to save your pet OK.
    Next time you need 911 don't bother, your life shouldn't matter if all things are equal, but it does so you already are being hypocritical by putting your own animal life ahead of others, a healthy world is one that favors personal safety, the safety of one's society, then the rising tide will mean less nation allowing illegal hunting of lions and elephants to support their economy, we need to focus on one another first if we truly want to help the animals, since my fucking Gawd are we also animals.

No one should judge another human just because they don't know them, hell if our parents did that, they wouldn't have raised us now would they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stasso View Post
    Next time you need 911 don't bother
    Incorrect comparison.

When my life is in danger, I totally expect random stranger to totally not care, because if I am in the stranger's position, I wouldn't either.

However when it comes to police it is different, because it is their job, what they got paid for. If I am a police, I would care, because I am paid to care, that is what put roof over my head and food on my table.