Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Legion Action Bars - How will they Look?

So lots of people talk about how the expansions so far have gutted classes and removed tons and tons of abilities, and that Legion will remove even more. I spent a couple hours today preparing this gallery for two purposes:

1) It shows how filled your actions bars will be
    2) It shows the difference in AMOUNT of spells between a player who chooses only PASSIVE spells and one that chooses only ACTIVE spells. Yes, there will probably be a cookie cutter build per spec, etc., but its nice to see it first hand.

I have seen some comparisons in earlier alpha versions, but I figured I will make a new one so its up to date and you can see ALL specs.

The pictures in the screenshots are from build 7.0.3.21863, level 110 characters, Completed Artifact weapon and level 50 honor rank. So this is how your action bar should look I guess several months into the expansion. There are no double spells, no macros, no racials, no pots, no favorite toys, no mount macro, etc.. ALL spells listed(including stuff like teleports, utilities, etc.).

I wanted to make the screenshots nice and not just cut out action bars to get a better feeling of it. You can decide on your own whether Legion is cutting even more or adding more!

Enjoy - http://imgur.com/a/ya9fD
    *the images are a lot and fairly large, but easy to browse.

edit: updated that the screenshots only show the specs spells, no additional stuff which you will probably use such as macros, pots, etc.
    edit 2: if you take a look at all the action bars, the pvp active talents are always greyed out and towards the end of the buttons, makes it easy to spot how many spells you will get from pvp tab. in general, the pvp talents for all specs have very few actives even if you try to pick the active talent in each row.
    Last edited by klaps_05; 2016-06-07 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    So lots of people talk about how the expansions so far have gutted classes and removed tons and tons of abilities, and that Legion will remove even more. I spent a couple hours today preparing this gallery for two purposes:

2) It shows the difference in AMOUNT of spells between a player who chooses only PASSIVE spells and one that chooses only ACTIVE spells. Yes, there will probably be a cookie cutter build per spec, etc., but its nice to see it first hand.

I have seen some comparisons in earlier beta versions, but I figured I will make a new one so its up to date and you can see ALL specs.

The pictures in the screenshots are from build 7.0.3.21863, level 110 characters, Completed Artifact weapon and level 50 honor rank. So this is how your action bar should look I guess several months into the expansion.

I wanted to make the screenshots nice and not just cut out action bars to get a better feeling of it. You can decide on your own whether Legion is cutting even more or adding more!

paladin is so bereft of abilities to use that I have not had to get bartender out. just using the blizzard frames for the first time in forever.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Jesus christ that is depressing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not being able to battle res on my 100 Frost DK surprised me.

Still getting a feel for things, but it's growing on me.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

eh im actuallty happy with this.. i did not like having so many spells i would have no room to put any items on the bottem bar.. i remember in wotlk using all my bottem bars, and abit of my right bars with spells

all my dots, my curses, my soulshard users, my stones, my summon spells, my actives, my dps spells, my healthstone, soulstone, my demon form spells, my defencive spells... just... so so much...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-06-04 at 09:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Its depressing that useless junk is removed? You like hoard things? :P

Deleted
    The junk is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Its depressing that useless junk is removed? You like hoard things? :P
    Whats useless to you is useful to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool and all but most classes will only press a couple of those in pve so filling up the bars dont matter

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    The junk is gone.
    Most of it wasn't junk. In Legion, all I've got is damage, damage, and more damage.

But it seems like that it all that matters to raiders so here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    I'm actually kinda thankful that some stuff is getting pruned. Some classes just don't use some of there spells. That or I'm just a bad player and don't use alot of extra stuff XD
    So because you're incapable of using all your spells, noone else should?

An example, Turn Evil is a situational ability, in an expansion where you're the new wielder of the Ashbringer.. In an expansion full of demons, you've lost the ability to exorcise demons? Why the hell would they prune it?

If you like ability pruning, you're either a bad player, or a raider who only cares about topping the dmg meters.

by actually creating this gallery and reading all spells, every spec has at least a few cds it can stack for dmg. it will be a crazy dps race in pve and pvp

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post

I have seen some comparisons in earlier beta versions, but I figured I will make a new one so its up to date and you can see ALL specs.

The pictures in the screenshots are from build 7.0.3.21863, level 110 characters, Completed Artifact weapon and level 50 honor rank. So this is how your action bar should look I guess several months into the expansion. There are no double spells, no macros. ALL spells listed(including stuff like teleports, utilities, etc.).

My action bars are almost filled (using 4) on my destro lock. Different for each spec.

Some classes/specs you wont notice much or anything depending on your talents. You also have demon hunters, which suffer from ability bloat much like DKs early on. There has been some clean up of the 5th and 6th action bars for me, but for the most part those are all junk things I rarely use as it is.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats useless to you is useful to me.
    exactly. treasure and junk and all that saying.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Then you add mounts pots/flask Useful items and macros and the bars are completely filled.

Deleted
    i played a small amount of legion beta, so my opinion isn't worth much, but i don't like that they cut so many abilities, i don't really understand why they did it. the only classes i really tried were survival hunter and fury warr, was kind of surprised how empty my bars were. As long as the class still flows okay though, the ability cutting could work.

You forgot the racials.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Then you add mounts pots/flask Useful items and macros and the bars are completely filled.
    + on-use trinkets + items for questing (like that hook, parachutes or engineer stuff)

Edit: sry overread that you mentioned useful items.

As someone maining a rogue (and besides that playing a prot paladin, frost mage and resto druid) I am very happy. I actually do like the changes as it will give me more space for stuff like potions, bandages etc.