15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    This Movie is made for WarCraft(WoW) Fanboys, obviously people who aren't WarCraft Fans mostly don't like it, because its just not that great of a Movie if you aren't already into WarCraft!
    That's the way I see it as well. Him that plays Lothar is about as close as Tom Cruise is to jack reacher, absolutely no comparison.

Deleted
    The movies great - the reviewers are all bloody idiots

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post

RT and Metacritic have their Up and downs. Sometimes shitty movies like "Rogue" or "The Witch" get praised, eventhough they have very low scores on IMDB and flop hard.

You can rarely rely on reviews tbh, basically if you have interest in some movie, just watch it, the few bucks won't hurt that much if the movie sucks
    The problem is that the tomatometer is a shitty metric. You can see it right on the main page. The average review score for Warcraft is 4.4/10, but the tomatometer is 21%.
    They should also go ahead and start letting the audience scores aggregate as well, since its got over 500 audience reviews. While some people will balk at a low critic score, a lot of more discerning people will check the audience score and its stupid to deny people that information.

Fuck professional critics. Useless people with way too much power.
    I trust IMDB more than those douches.

Deleted
    Just came back from the movies and in my opinion i can say critics are wrong.

I give it a 8/10, i am a warcraft player tho for a long time.
    As a non warcraft player i would give it 6.5/10.

Only problem i had with it that it switched between to mutch locations to fast on the human side (what was not needed)
    CGI is great and i never had problems with humans and orcs in the same shot.

If i would compare it to a movie then it would be the first transformers movie, they set up the universe as good as they can with trying to respect the fans and try to interest ppl that never played any of the game. If you enjoyed the first transformers for the CGi and action you will like this movie aswell.
    If you like fantasy movies/series or the game you will like this movie.

Do you hate CGI in every movie, do you hate when not everything is explained in a movie or switching between locations in a fast pace? then stay home.

I can say it is the best videogame movie to date and really dont deserve the heavy negative ratings of the critics at all even for non warcraft viewers the CGI effects and action will entertain you and will hopefully interest you to want to see more of this universe.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-06-04 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lotr didnt invent them [orcs]
    Not really relevant to the discussion, but Tolkien totally did invent orcs for the LotR. Not the movie LotR obviously, but if we are being pedantic.

On-topic:
    A few days out from seeing it and I think it is an alright movie, about a 7.5. It has even inspired my father-in-law to pick up one of the books. I'm not sure how well that will go since he still has 0 interest in the games, but we will see I guess.
    Last edited by Lannden; 2016-06-04 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Just came back from the movies and i can say critics are wrong.
    No, you can't.

You can say you disagree with them. That the accumulation of negative reviews do not match your experience. That your opinion differs. But none of that makes them wrong. It just means that they have a different opinion to you.

And given that they are all professional critics, viewing this as a stand-alone piece of film-making, and you are a Warcraft fan, viewing it as a film of a favourite game, nobody should be the least surprised at this divergence.

A film can have dozens of functional and structural flaws that make it a poor piece of art. Critics will, quite rightly, focus on those. None of them will necessarily stop fans from enjoying it, as we can see repeatedly in this thread. The two points of view are in no way contradictory, and neither of them make the other viewpoint wrong.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    its getting 7.9 out of 10 here
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    "People who likes this also liked..."

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (6.6)
    Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (7.1)
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens (8.2)
    Captain America: Civil War (8.3)
    X-Men: Apocalypse (7.5)
    Money Monster (6.8)

It compares well, so far.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    "People who likes this also liked..."

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (6.6)
    Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (7.1)
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens (8.2)
    Captain America: Civil War (8.3)
    X-Men: Apocalypse (7.5)
    Money Monster (6.8)

It compares well, so far.
    The Force awakens is not that good, talking about hype, SW got more fanbois than Warcraft for sure

7.6 at best

I saw four of them and Civil War is clearly the best out of that group

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think it's a near certainty that a director's cut will be released to video. The cost of doing so is likely small.
    Depends on how far into post production the scenes are. If they have much work to do on them at all it's very unlikely. If it was cut at the last minute due to a concern of it being too long, then maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    No, you can't.

You can say you disagree with them. That the accumulation of negative reviews do not match your experience. That your opinion differs. But none of that makes them wrong. It just means that they have a different opinion to you.

And given that they are all professional critics, viewing this as a stand-alone piece of film-making, and you are a Warcraft fan, viewing it as a film of a favourite game, nobody should be the least surprised at this divergence.

A film can have dozens of functional and structural flaws that make it a poor piece of art. Critics will, quite rightly, focus on those. None of them will necessarily stop fans from enjoying it, as we can see repeatedly in this thread. The two points of view are in no way contradictory, and neither of them make the other viewpoint wrong.
    Whether a movie is good or not is subjective. Neither the fans or the critics are right and neither are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Whether a movie is good or not is subjective. Neither the fans or the critics are right and neither are wrong.
    I like your take that there is no right and wrong and all grey area.

Made for the fans and audience. Mainly UK and US critics did not like it but oversea critics mostly gave it a chance.

Now it is all about Box office numbers and if a sequel should be made.

Quote Originally Posted by frymastermeat View Post
    Depends on how far into post production the scenes are.
    A cogent point.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Most German Critics liked the Film. I don't really get why there's such a gripe against the film in the English speaking realm.

Im starting to think that this is actually a very successful movie if the audience like it, considering everything going against them, and i hope that the sequel will only improve on the mistakes of the first

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I give it a 8/10, i am a warcraft player tho for a long time.
    As a non warcraft player i would give it 6.5/10.
    What an absurd comment lol. What, you're imagining yourself not having played the game or knowing anything? lol, that doesn't work that way.

The movie is mediocre, deal with it guys... it gains extra points from warcraft games fans, since they know the story for 10-20 years and their finally seeing it in a movie... but that doesn't make it a good movie. all those 10/10s on imdb are as laughable as the 1/10s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    It was at 9.1 with hundreds of ratings before it even premiered in ANY country... so yea, sure.

Fanboys are giving it 10/10 before watching it, just as haters are giving it 1/10 just for the sake of trashing it.

44% of the votes are 10's, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    The Force awakens is not that good, talking about hype, SW got more fanbois than Warcraft for sure

7.6 at best

I saw four of them and Civil War is clearly the best out of that group
    Doesn't matter the Harry Potter fanbase beats both of them combined. Either way SW and Warcraft aren't that far apart in size, just the Star Wars one is more devoted in cinemas, whereas the Warcraft one is more devoted behind the PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What an absurd comment lol. What, you're imagining yourself not having played the game or knowing anything? lol, that doesn't work that way.

The movie is mediocre, deal with it guys... it gains extra points from warcraft games fans, since they know the story for 10-20 years and their finally seeing it in a movie... but that doesn't make it a good movie. all those 10/10s on imdb are as laughable as the 1/10s.

- - - Updated - - -

It was at 9.1 with hundreds of ratings before it even premiered in ANY country... so yea, sure.

Fanboys are giving it 10/10 before watching it, just as haters are giving it 1/10 just for the sake of trashing it.

44% of the votes are 10's, lol.
    Yes because other movies on IMDB don't have this exact same problem.

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Doesn't matter the Harry Potter fanbase beats both of them combined. Either way SW and Warcraft aren't that far apart in size, just the Star Wars one is more devoted in cinemas, whereas the Warcraft one is more devoted behind the PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes because other movies on IMDB don't have this exact same problem.

/sarcasm
    Few have such rabid fanbases as Warcraft. Seriously.

Does anybody really care what reviews say or how many tomatoes it has. Will those sites really sway anyone from seeing the movie? If someone wants to see it they'll see it.