Haven't read many posts because I'm trying to avoid Blood and Wine spoilers but, I just finished Hearts of Stone and omg I really enjoyed all of that storyline. Was quite awesome. Pretty happy with how everything went, in the end I took pity on Olgleird and saved him. The only thing I am unsure about is if I made the right choice with the rose. I let her keep it because it felt wrong to make that choice for her, but on the other hand I felt like maybe I should have just put all of them out of their misery >< That was a hard one.

Witcher 1 was painful.

It was basically just a quest fetch simulator. Spent more time running between the swamps and the city then anything else.

Playing through Witcher 3 again though. Really set the bar high in regards to open world RPGs. My only criticism, is the lack of environments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    Witcher 1 was painful.

It was basically just a quest fetch simulator. Spent more time running between the swamps and the city then anything else.

Playing through Witcher 3 again though. Really set the bar high in regards to open world RPGs. My only criticism, is the lack of environments.
    Yeah they were all kind of the same, minus a few sub areas.

My big gripe was Skellege..... ONLY BECAUSE all of the question marks being under water stuff UUUHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Yeah they were all kind of the same, minus a few sub areas.

My big gripe was Skellege..... ONLY BECAUSE all of the question marks being under water stuff UUUHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    I rarely did the question marks anyway, only if it just happened to be close by.

I don't think the environments are too samey, I mean, I can hardly think of a RPG with many different environments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The last boss fight was really well done but that's where my praise for the main quest line ends. Hearts of Stone was a MUCH MUCH MUCH better main quest.
    One of the criticism i have for B&W are the Boss fights, HoS had some really decent boss fights, B&W dropped down to the Vanilla Game level in that regard, far too easy in my view.

Last Boss in B&W was to figure out how to dodge one move, killed him in the first try after that.

Final Boss of HoS was much harder, even the final boss of the Vanilla game was harder than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Haven't read many posts because I'm trying to avoid Blood and Wine spoilers but, I just finished Hearts of Stone and omg I really enjoyed all of that storyline.
    HoS is probably the reason why i was *slightly* disappointed by B&W, the bar set by HoS was simply too high, though B&W is still a decent expansion.

Still baffled that HoS had a price of 10 bucks, i would've payed much more than that in hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I rarely did the question marks anyway, only if it just happened to be close by.
    Cleared most of them in Velen / Novigrad for Gold to craft all Mastercrafted Witcher sets shortly before B&W release.

Then i saw that the Grandmaster Version in B&W is a standalone set and does not require the Mastercrafted version.

Though i recommend anyone to go into the B&W expansion with a decent amount of Gold, Garrison Vineyard stuff is not cheap, neither the mats for the Witcher sets.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-06-05 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    One of the criticism i have for B&W are the Boss fights, HoS had some really decent boss fights, B&W dropped down to the Vanilla Game level in that regard, far too easy in my view.

Last Boss in B&W was to figure out how to dodge one move, killed him in the first try after that.

Final Boss of HoS was much harder, even the final boss of the Vanilla game was harder than that.
    To each their own, playing on death march one hit from the boss was a stagger on Geralt and death. Quen even does nothing on the fight(and I'm a sign build on top of that with an OP Quen) The attacks where telegraphed, but there where multiple ones, and the quick phase changes didn't make it so he was spamming 1 attack over and over.

I honestly can't take you serious if you're saying a run to the end looting everything you can boss fight is harder then that. Then again, I can't comment on anything but death march difficulty. The last boss of HoS was interesting and unique, but difficulty is not something it was, not even close.

In the quest Beyond Hill and Dale there's a place with little houses and little people, IM A MONSTER, I STEPPED ON THEM AND KILLED THEM!,then Geralt proceeded to look under his boot and just clean it up LOL!!!!!

My major issues with B&W main quest:

1) fairy tale land is a gigantic ass pull to try and make sense of why Dettlaff can't find her. It's a fun lil quest and would have been perfect as a side quest but as a main plot quest? GTFO.

2) The alternative to this with the Unseen Elder makes much more logical sense for what Geralt would actually do and makes the plot far less nonsensical but it was obviously a rush job on CDPR's end as it has no where near the character/plot development of the above and locks you in to the worst possible ending regardless of the actions you take after the final boss.

Basically the end of the game was so mishandled story wise it put a massive damper on what was otherwise a good expansion, with a beautiful new map to explore.

1) fairy tale land is a gigantic ass pull to try and make sense of why Dettlaff can't find her. It's a fun lil quest and would have been perfect as a side quest but as a main plot quest? GTFO.

2) The alternative to this with the Unseen Elder makes much more logical sense for what Geralt would actually do and makes the plot far less nonsensical but it was obviously a rush job on CDPR's end as it has no where near the character/plot development of the above and locks you in to the worst possible ending regardless of the actions you take after the final boss.

Basically the end of the game was so mishandled story wise it put a massive damper on what was otherwise a good expansion, with a beautiful new map to explore.
    Fairy tale land is easily the best part of the entire expansion.

To each their own, playing on death march one hit from the boss was a stagger on Geralt and death. Quen even does nothing on the fight(and I'm a sign build on top of that with an OP Quen) The attacks where telegraphed, but there where multiple ones, and the quick phase changes didn't make it so he was spamming 1 attack over and over.
    Huh?

During his first phase you can just dodge every attack and spam Igni => Attack, repeat, this triggers P2 pretty fast.

P2, place down Alternate Yrden, run away during the Bat Attack and there you go, P3.

P3 is a joke, Blood Dettlaff attacks far too slow, it's too easy to just ignore him and focus on the hearts.

All you have to figure out is how to avoid the bat attack, after that the boss is dead, doesn't even take long to get into P2 to figure it out.

I honestly can't take you serious if you're saying a run to the end looting everything you can boss fight is harder then that. Then again, I can't comment on anything but death march difficulty. The last boss of HoS was interesting and unique, but difficulty is not something it was, not even close.
    All i'm talking about is Deaths March, at least on the HoS Final Boss i was in threat of dying when i fucked up a dodge / parry.

On the Blood & Wine Final boss, dodge the Bat wave and you win, and the Bat wave super easy to avoid once you know it.

I dislike how this Unseen Elder path leads into the boss fight, on the fairyland choice it makes at least sense because Dettlaff is super pissed and feels tricked, while on this path the following dialogue takes place and that's it.

Dettlaff: Where's the girl?
    Geralt: Not here.
    Dettlaff: K, let's fight.

I think the choice should have influenced the ending, perhaps an ending where Dettlaff ends up locked in Tesham Mutna or whatever, or the Unseen Elder does some shit with Dettlaff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Then i saw that the Grandmaster Version in B&W is a standalone set and does not require the Mastercrafted version.

???

I crafted all grandmaster pieces (feline) yesterday, and it definitely replaced and required my old mastercrafted set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    ???

I crafted all grandmaster pieces (feline) yesterday, and it definitely replaced and required my old mastercrafted set pieces.
    Yeah, just checked and it's true.

However in my defense, the Wolven Set is the exception and does not require the Mastercrafted set, which is the first set i was going for.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Huh. So I ran into this level 41 golem guarding a treasure (I'm currently level 39) and I can't seem to damage it at all. I've used Elementa Oil and Superior Dimetrium Bombs but literally can't hurt it. I've used strong attacks, fast attacks, mounted attacks...it deflects everything. I've attacked it from the side, from behind, the front...kind of at a loss here. I'm playing on Death March difficulty.

Edit: Guess it was some kind of bug. Reloaded the game and one shot it
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2016-06-05 at 05:40 PM.

Love the Expansion. Bye Geralt!

If you thought there were just 2 Endings to this expansion, this might interest you.

If did not get the Ribbon in the Fairytale land for Syanna, Dettlaff kills her.

Text below describes how this ending plays out, don't klick it if you want to see it yourself.

You then have the option to fight him -as regular- or let him go.

Either way, you'll end up in prison and Dandelion is the person who convinces the Duchess to free you, if you fought Dettlaff you still get a portion of the promised reward, in both cases you even keep the vineyard, altough the Duchess now despises you because you let her Sister get killed.

You can also inform the Duchess about the 5th victim, though she not very pleased with you both ways.

If you let Dettlaff go, Regis will not be attacked by Vampires on the Graveyard later on, this scene will be skipped completely.

In case you missed it: Skellige is now also a Gwent faction, you can get the starter pack where you also start the Gwent tournament.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-06-06 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    ...Huh. So I ran into this level 41 golem guarding a treasure (I'm currently level 39) and I can't seem to damage it at all. I've used Elementa Oil and Superior Dimetrium Bombs but literally can't hurt it. I've used strong attacks, fast attacks, mounted attacks...it deflects everything. I've attacked it from the side, from behind, the front...kind of at a loss here. I'm playing on Death March difficulty.

Edit: Guess it was some kind of bug. Reloaded the game and one shot it
    I think I've had a similar bug with a golem in HoS. Reloading also fixed it. Open world games tend to be buggy at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I somehow lost my saves and had to start with a lvl 34 Expansion-ready character. The difference is staggering, all of my Gwent cards and bombs and armors

Will I be able to craft the new gear or does the game require me to have the Mastercrafted versions from the base game? Because if so, fuck my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll need mastercrafted. I actually found myself in the exact same boat so I went to the Witcher 3 Nexus and found a save game file that was as close to my own game as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I have done something strange that is causing an annoyance.

I began the Gwent Tourny in Novigrad, and moved the quest to the point right before the games begin. The quest currently states that I am to mingle with the guests. I went through the quest but found that my deck wasn't really good enough at that moment, so I loaded the save where it asks me to mingle. I left the house, and went on to progress through the story in order to get to Skellige so I can get more cards.

Now, when ever I run around Novigrad, I get these pauses in animation, and a second worth of screen blur as if a conversation encounter is about the begin. It's kind of annoying, but it doesn't stop me from doing what I am doing.

Just amusing that I bugged out the game by half way proceeding with a quest line.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I think I have done something strange that is causing an annoyance.

I began the Gwent Tourny in Novigrad, and moved the quest to the point right before the games begin. The quest currently states that I am to mingle with the guests. I went through the quest but found that my deck wasn't really good enough at that moment, so I loaded the save where it asks me to mingle. I left the house, and went on to progress through the story in order to get to Skellige so I can get more cards.

Now, when ever I run around Novigrad, I get these pauses in animation, and a second worth of screen blur as if a conversation encounter is about the begin. It's kind of annoying, but it doesn't stop me from doing what I am doing.

Just amusing that I bugged out the game by half way proceeding with a quest line.

Just play the quest, you don't need to win in order to get it out of your questlog.
    ...unless you are going for the card collector's achievement.

You can also set the gwent difficulty to easy in the options menu; should be able to win even with a basic set of cards then.