Gah I hate weekends

I have to remember: Do not play Overwatch or HOTS on weekends during normal hours. I keep forgetting how bad quickplay is on weekends. Was just in a few games where stuff like "I'm healing and enemy Mei runs in to freeze me, and my team's junkrat stands right next to her and watches me freeze and die, and did not one thing but walk around, and he ran in behind her", or I'm healing with Mercy and a Pharah lands behind us and kills me, then I watch her kill 4 other of my teammates shooting them in the back one by one, you would think they would "turn around"? I even watch a Torbjorn try to set up a turret in the wide open about 30 yards away from the point, with Blackwidow standing right next to him while the enemy 5+ had control of it.

I should of remembered this from HOTS, cuz seems blizzard uses the same match making system, though at least in this game the other team doesn't keep getting levels on you, so it's not so bad. Have games where you win and everyone is participating, then you have 2 or 3 you lose, and it seems like your the only person on your team.

Seem to me if I wait till late at night things go a lot better, or really early in the morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard games are always like this. Never PvP in WoW on a weekend either.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. this weekend has been quite awful. A bit worried how Sunday's graph is going to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I never quite understood this claim. If "everyone is terrible", won't there be just as many terrible people on the other team? And if they're all so terrible, won't it just make your personal skill stand out even more?

<any given time> being "worse for your winrate" always seems like a modified version of "Elo Hell" complaints to me.
    As a healers how are you going to eliminate the other team by yourself, just a snob, BS, straw man argument.

For example I was playing today Temple of Anubis attack, was playing Zarya, I was tearing the enemy team up pretty good, next thing I know 2 of my other team mates also had switched to Zarya.... this happened 3 times in the same game. Also today I had a game where 2 of my teammates picked tanks and 2 others picked healers, the 5th was Widowmaker... How exactly are you going to fix that one.

Stop using solo quick queue and join a community hub like up in the sticky thread about groups looking for members.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    As a healers how are you going to eliminate the other team by yourself, just a snob, BS, straw man argument.

For example I was playing today Temple of Anubis attack, was playing Zarya, I was tearing the enemy team up pretty good, next thing I know 2 of my other team mates also had switched to Zarya.... this happened 3 times in the same game. Also today I had a game where 2 of my teammates picked tanks and 2 others picked healers, the 5th was Widowmaker... How exactly are you going to fix that one.
    2 tanks + 2 healers + widowmaker is actually viable in the competitive play scene

High end pro teams use one tank as a typical tank and the other is a disrupter. The disrupter runs flanks and side hallways to get behind the enemy. Then one healer tends to be more for damage than healing like Zenyatta or they use Lucio to get on point faster or knock people off cliffs. Sym isn't a healer and should be considered a defender.

Every game is like this, never play LoL or Dota2 on a weekend either.

I mean seriously, stop playing in solo queues and join a community of players looking to be in groups. Your enjoyment and win rates will go up and your frustration will go down. A large portion of players unwilling to deal with random trash have done this and don't solo queue so if you still solo queue you are going to continue to get the bottom of the barrel since the better players have moved on to coordinated voip groups.

What does that have to do with the topic?
    I never quite understood this claim. If "everyone is terrible", won't there be just as many terrible people on the other team? And if they're all so terrible, won't it just make your personal skill stand out even more?

<any given time> being "worse for your winrate" always seems like a modified version of "Elo Hell" complaints to me.
    Is it not obvious? I was playing a healer and thus the stories I gave in the OP. You claim if everyone is so bad I should be able to dominate them... Yet I was playing a healer, you can't dominate a team by yourself, especially if your a healer.

Is it not obvious? I was playing a healer and thus the stories I gave in the OP. You claim if everyone is so bad I should be able to dominate them... Yet I was playing a healer, you can't dominate a team by yourself, especially if your a healer.
    Maybe you can't dominate as a healer, doesn't mean no one can.

The argument that there are too many bad players that always end up on your team is only because you are incapable of seeing things from other people's perspectives. You are just as likely to get the worst players on your team as the opposing team is to get them but you can't tell because you are you and not them.

It is like the people who complained that they always end up against a pro who played beta and it was unfair but the truth is you are just as likely to get that kind of player on your team as you are to face them, but you don't notice them because they are not farming you in your killed cam footage.

I have seen so many groups (usually 2) just picking the same character of someone on the team to troll. Ive seen quite a few people picking symmetra on offense and refusing to switch the whole game.

And quite honestly...I'm getting damned sick of this game and the players. It's ruining it for me. So team reliant and 1 person trolling usually is a loss. I just got out of a match where I went to avoid the player...and to my surprise they were already avoided. So apprently that system is fucking pointless, thanks blizzard. It has me seriously worried about how crappy ranked is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I have seen so many groups (usually 2) just picking the same character of someone on the team to troll. Ive seen quite a few people picking symmetra on offense and refusing to switch the whole game.

And quite honestly...I'm getting damned sick of this game and the players. It's ruining it for me. So team reliant and 1 person trolling usually is a loss. I just got out of a match where I went to avoid the player...and to my surprise they were already avoided. So apprently that system is fucking pointless, thanks blizzard. It has me seriously worried about how crappy ranked is going to be.
    Uses a 'random group' button and gets a random group, complains the button didn't give them the best of the best.

You hit that button you get what you ordered. Join a group in the thread sticky of groups looking for players.