Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Seen this happen with Widowmaker. Standing behind a wall, got sniped out. Best way to show it would be

[***]
    -/
    W

Say I'm at the first *, Widowmaker should not have been able to hit me, instead should have only been able to hit me at the 2nd and 3rd *. But nope, as in the second video, I got hit. I coulda sworn it was a bit or wallhack from the killcam as the killcam literally didn't have me on the screen.
    Widowmaker(and others) issues are because of 20 tick rate and lag compensation. Hanzo is just because of a game design choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    There are no bullet weapons in overwatch
    Do bullet weapons in Counter-Strike send an actual bullet out of the gun, through the actual gamespace, to hit the target? No. So that's not what I mean by "bullet weapons".

Pretty much all weapons, that fire "bullets", in any FPS, are weapons where you click the mouse and the target at your crosshair takes instant damage. Those are "bullet weapons" only because they're guns that are supposed to fire bullets.

Projectiles are a different thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Do bullet weapons in Counter-Strike send an actual bullet out of the gun, through the actual gamespace, to hit the target? No. So that's not what I mean by "bullet weapons".
    In CS you could put an AWP or Desert Eagle round through 8 people. Can you imagine if WM and Hanzo delivered that?

Thank goodness there are no through and throughs with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    ok, you are debating semantics, which I note is a normal position for you to take and not substance. Its a pretty poor debating tactic, usually when people have a weak position and know it, they try to derail the discussion.

It is key and fundamental to an FPS and it does have to be done right.

I take it back, its not subjective at all, its objectively required in an FPS. The point is to shoot people, if you are not shooting people but getting kills,a nd if you are in cover and still being shot, there is no way anyone can reasonably argue that this is acceptable. It fundamentally fails at being responsive and offering players, on either side, proper responsive feedback.
    You're not a game dev OR a pro gamer, so your opinion on this matter is basically irrelevant to everyone but yourself. Play something different. This game is designed to reel in as many paying customers as possible. So they are going to bake in certain functions that let the casual compete on a casual level with someone more experienced with shooters. Take a look at bowling. 40 years ago you had solid plastic balls that barely had ANY hook, and participation was pretty low. Nowadays you have all different types of coverstock that allow for specific ball motion down the lane, allowing newer and less skilled players to be able to throw a ball that has a decent hook. This in turn allows for higher scores. And when players are scoring higher, they feel better, and therefore will continue to play. Its the same concept with overwatch. If you arent able to grasp this VERY SIMPLE concept that's your own problem. The rest of us will be happy to one shot you with hanzo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    You're not a game dev OR a pro gamer, so your opinion on this matter is basically irrelevant to everyone but yourself. Play something different. This game is designed to reel in as many paying customers as possible. So they are going to bake in certain functions that let the casual compete on a casual level with someone more experienced with shooters. Take a look at bowling. 40 years ago you had solid plastic balls that barely had ANY hook, and participation was pretty low. Nowadays you have all different types of coverstock that allow for specific ball motion down the lane, allowing newer and less skilled players to be able to throw a ball that has a decent hook. This in turn allows for higher scores. And when players are scoring higher, they feel better, and therefore will continue to play. Its the same concept with overwatch. If you arent able to grasp this VERY SIMPLE concept that's your own problem. The rest of us will be happy to one shot you with hanzo.
    Just out of interest, how do you know I'm neither a game developer or a pro gamer, I dont believe we've been introduced in real life. I'm assuming you are a go go dancer from your posts, just because...and its about as relevant to this discussion as your point there.

I wont disagree that shite aiming may appeal to casuals, I dont think thats an acceptable excuse for it.

By the way your analogy does nto work, the pins in bowling dont feel bad at gettingt knocked down from a ball that clearly missed them and sailed past. The players you shoot in cover in OW do, thats why tehre are massive forum threads (that keep filling up and being reopened) about tickrate and hit boxes......for every player going "wow I am awesome for that shot" there is one going " fucksake I was in cover" and a load going "lol, thats bullshit, no way should I have hit that" and posting the bullshit on you tube.

You wanna talk about headshotting bullshit, look at what my bullet did when I wasn't even close to aiming at Bastion just yet.

http://puu.sh/pdDtH/252ce7f702.webm
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Just out of interest, how do you know I'm neither a game developer or a pro gamer, I dont believe we've been introduced in real life. I'm assuming you are a go go dancer from your posts, just because...and its about as relevant to this discussion as your point there.

I wont disagree that shite aiming may appeal to casuals, I dont think thats an acceptable excuse for it.

By the way your analogy does nto work, the pins in bowling dont feel bad at gettingt knocked down from a ball that clearly missed them and sailed past. The players you shoot in cover in OW do, thats why tehre are massive forum threads (that keep filling up and being reopened) about tickrate and hit boxes......for every player going "wow I am awesome for that shot" there is one going " fucksake I was in cover" and a load going "lol, thats bullshit, no way should I have hit that" and posting the bullshit on you tube.
    Everyone is free to use the same characters. You know, that thing where you can change in between deaths? This game is pretty well balanced. As far as me knowing you're neither a dev or a pro gamer, you scream it in the way you try to bring your points up. But i digress. The analogy has nothing to do with the actual physical aspects of the sport. If you were listening instead of waiting to reply you'd understand that. I have no need to prove anything to you; you'll either take it or leave it, which im guessing you'll leave it because everyone else is wrong and you are right. Good day ma'am.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You wanna talk about headshotting bullshit, look at what my bullet did when I wasn't even close to aiming at Bastion just yet.

You were, look at the trail the "bullet" leaves, the only reason it looks like that is because the moving platform got under you and moved you. For the game, your aim was on Bastion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Everyone is free to use the same characters. You know, that thing where you can change in between deaths? This game is pretty well balanced. As far as me knowing you're neither a dev or a pro gamer, you scream it in the way you try to bring your points up. But i digress. The analogy has nothing to do with the actual physical aspects of the sport. If you were listening instead of waiting to reply you'd understand that. I have no need to prove anything to you; you'll either take it or leave it, which im guessing you'll leave it because everyone else is wrong and you are right. Good day ma'am.
    sorry I dont find the arguement of " you can all use the same broken mechanic" as a compelling balance justificaiton no more than " but everyone can hack" is an excuse for hackers....its pretty much an admission there is somethign wrong in my book.

Also, comments like "if you were listening instead of waiting to reply you'd understand that. " make no sense, people have to wait a designated time period before you consider their replies? some of us can read and understand simultaneously its not very hard. Comments like that, along with the end of your comment which is obviously mean to be insulting, not to mention misogynistic, labels you as incapable of having a debate on a rational level.

no one is askng you to prove anything, its a discussion. yes I am right, I assume you think you are right, at least I hope so, it would be bloody bizzare if you were arguing a position that you disagreed with after all.....

anyway, you throw insults at people instead of arguements. my ignore list is filling up today.....

Pretty silly, and it clearly 'feels' that way in-game, getting killed around corners and the like.

Woohoo...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    You were, look at the trail the "bullet" leaves, the only reason it looks like that is because the moving platform got under you and moved you. For the game, your aim was on Bastion.
    actually if you pause the video he is a massive distance away. if you freeze frame at the moment the shots are fired, the lucio is just a small distance off the model head shot, not on it, but pretty close. The bastion is a huge distance off, over the width of the bastion model away from the head.

to be fair, that distance is unlikely to be a model issue, more likely a server tickrate issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post

hahaha, that was frickin' hilarious. holy hell how can this happen on an AAA game...

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I've rewatched that tons of times. I wasn't aiming at him. The exact point at which the trigger is pulled I am aiming about 1 1/2 heads to his right.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Slightly OT, but why does it say highlight instead of potg in some videos? Did they change the text during beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le rarest Pepe View Post
    Slightly OT, but why does it say highlight instead of potg in some videos? Did they change the text during beta?
    No, PotGs get saved as "Highlights" while you're playing in a given session; you can view them from the main menu when you're out of the game. Just means they're recording it that way rather than during the game's actual wrap-up. I think it only saves the last 3, currently, and only until you quit the game; they're planning on expanding that and letting you do a direct export.

Deleted
    Ah, I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    I've been killed by plenty of hanzos. When the death recap plays, it shows him totally missing me, but yet, it kills me. Its bullshit.
    Important to know that the death recap isn't 100% accurate; it's a recreation of the kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

So he has a slightly larger hit box vs targets to make up for the fact his attacks arch and have a travel time and charge up time for distance.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you change that stuff so there's no dropoff or travel time, he's Widowmaker.
    There's a large gap between changing drop off / travel time and being widowmaker. Widowmakers shots are instant with no drop off at all, so any drop off or travel time makes him not widowmaker. That's not even mentioning the fact that he has no scope, which he'll literally never be widowmaker without.

I think its pretty fair to say the hit box is a bit too big. I just played a game earlier where I watched the dudes kill cam and clearly saw him shoot wide to the right of my character and the arrow clearly missed my characters body but I was headshot. I'm not sure that we should be arguing for someone to be able to hit someone who he completely missed.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No, PotGs get saved as "Highlights" while you're playing in a given session; you can view them from the main menu when you're out of the game. Just means they're recording it that way rather than during the game's actual wrap-up. I think it only saves the last 3, currently, and only until you quit the game; they're planning on expanding that and letting you do a direct export.
    It saves 5, and only the best moments from your play, and weren't necessarily PotGs. They're your best plays.