Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Combat in skyrim is not good either, but nowadays any combat worse than dragon´s dogma or dark souls/bloodborne it is not good combat.
    Yeah sure, it is far better than the first witcher game combat.
    Yeah, it's better than the original Witchers combat. Why would you even compare these two games? It came out in 2007 and it had low budget yet it still shits over Skyrim in all departments except combat.

And I absolutely love the combat system in The Witcher 3. I'm playing through Blood and Wine on the highest difficulty as we speak and it's AWESOME. Most of the enemies can kill you in 2-3 hits so you really have to be on your toes. The video you linked is completely out of touch with reality - ramblings of a retard who's not good at video games and must let everyone know about it. I personally have no trouble controlling Geralt but I agree that it takes some getting used to.
    Last edited by mmoca7431c090a; 2016-06-03 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    You really should play The Witcher 3. I really enjoyed Skyrim, but it can't touch W3. From a storytelling perspective, you owe it to yourself to play this game. Assuming you've played the Mass Effect series, think of the best moments of storytelling and moral dilemma decision making from those games, and double it. Fantastic game.
    the witchers terrible loot scaling breaks the entire game. spend 20-30 minutes on a mob 10-15 levels above you. Only to be rewarded with a weapon 11 levels below you. Not rewarding at all. That alone is a reason to not even play the witcher.

Deleted
    This thread makes me want to finish Dark Souls 3! But sadly... Overwatch

Unless you're a completionist with OCD or you really REALLY like to spend hours modding, Skyrim, in it's vanilla state, is just shit. If you're looking for engaging gameplay Skyrim does not offer that, but if you like slow walks in the park and taking in the scenery then Skyrim is for you, problem is it gets very repetitive because there are rarely any unique vistas. I'd actually recommend Risen or Gothic series over Skyrim as far as their world design goes despite their buggy gameplay yet more engaging than Skyrim's floaty combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Don't, it's overrated trash

Play Dragon's Dogma instead
    Ha... Dragon's Dogma. I was deceived by people telling it is good game. It is pure shit in form of a game. Don't buy it. Ever. I don't even remember when I would have been more disapointed and annoyed about a game.

Skyrim on the other hand got me ~700h before I even modded it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Ha... Dragon's Dogma. I was deceived by people telling it is good game. It is pure shit in form of a game. Don't buy it. Ever. I don't even remember when I would have been more disapointed and annoyed about a game.

Skyrim on the other hand got me ~700h before I even modded it.
    It's almost like people have their own opinions or something. I happen to enjoy Dragon's Dogma. It's not perfect by any means, but it's still a good game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

All these edgy folks here.

The game is an undeniable masterpiece. That said, it's not for everyone. It's a game whose many flaws are buried under a level of immersion that no other game can provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    How is it an undeniable masterpiece (LOL) when it has a lot of flaws?
    Edge found.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    the only reason this game and fallout remained popular is because of the modding community. the base games are usually underwhelming. At least in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    the only reason this game and fallout remained popular is because of the modding community. the base games are usually underwhelming. At least in my experience.
    In my experience Mods are never cannon and are about as helpful as making Thomas the Train Engine replace Alduin. I've put more than 2000 hours into the base game and think it holds up as everything I loved about the previous Elder Scrolls games in a shinier package. I still kind of dream of beating the main questline some day and finishing the last 20% of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

The game is an undeniable masterpiece. That said, it's not for everyone. It's a game whose many flaws are buried under a level of immersion that no other game can provide.
    I have to agree here.

I have 153 hours played (never installed mods), and thoroughly enjoyed it due to that level of immersion. Mind you, I also enjoy the combat for some reason. That can't be said for the first 2 Witcher games, however. The combat was so bad that I haven't played either of them since I purchased them and consequently I never bothered with the third game.

As to games that never get played, I have a fair few from indie bundles I have never played yet despite owning.

I think it's a huge disservice to the medium when terminology like "undeniable masterpiece" is being thrown around in such a lowbrow matter. It's FAR from being that. A game that's outright bad in absolutely fundamental aspects can't be a masterpiece.

Nah, I usually buy games and then binge on them. Until recently I played through all of them as well, but I couldn't bring myself to "finish" Darkest Dungeon. To much of trolling misery simulator for me to enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edge found.
    If all you can do is call someone an "edge" when they spot the flaws in your argument, it says quite a lot about how valid your statement was in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    the witchers terrible loot scaling breaks the entire game. spend 20-30 minutes on a mob 10-15 levels above you. Only to be rewarded with a weapon 11 levels below you. Not rewarding at all. That alone is a reason to not even play the witcher.
    Ok?

That sounds like a subjective, personal reason not to get play The Witcher 3. Personally, I play RPG's for the story, immersive world and interesting consequences to my actions. W3 has what I'm looking for in that regard. I hear what you're saying about the loot scaling, but it's not something that bothers me, because the difficulty and loot are not what I find rewarding in the game.

Skyrim, Bayonetta and Xenoblade is sitting on my back log. Just haven't gotten to it. Bayo I will never touch because I have zero patience for a combo system like that (I can't do it), xenoblade I just need time for and Skyrim I played for 10 minutes and never again. Did not understand the hype over it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

You haven't missed much. Unmodded it's pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You haven't missed much. Unmodded it's pretty bad.
    This. The base game has way too many flaws. Mods is what has kept skyrim relevant to this day, without the modding community skyrim would have been forgotten long ago.

Also, I would never call skyrim a masterpiece, I mean if you do that's fine, but your "masterpiece" standards are quite low.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Anyone else have a habit of buying games and never playing them? I feel like I get caught up in the "this will be so cool to play" and forget that I really don't have time to play a lot of games anymore - particular deep storyline or open world games like Skyrim. I just can't find a solid 2-3hrs in one day to really play through.

Skyrim has been sitting in the wrapper since it came out in 2011... it's probably worth money at this point.
    So you havent hear of Caliente's Female body, UNP, UNP Blessed?? shame on you

Skyrim is inferior to FO4 in just about every way. At least FO4 got the combat right.

Skyrim is pretty much trash. Mods and a massive bandwagon made it popular. That some people call it the king of RPGs when it dumbed/stripped down most of TES' RPG features is an abomination.