Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question So... If I transfer to Argent Dawn...

...with my solo guild, will I even notice a difference?

Picking Argent Dawn because I work nights and a European server would actually match my gaming hours better than a US one.

My expectations are fairly low; I don't expect everyone to stop what they're doing and throw a welcome party. Just wondering if it's worth $35 to join a realm where most of the players have appropriate character names and some sort of back story.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-05-22 at 09:54 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty much the most social server you can find in the EU region, plus that people are generally good at English.
    And RP is ubiquitous!

- - - Updated - - -

I recommend you join a RP focused guild to get the most out of the experience.
    Especially considering most large-scale RP is reserved in them, "pedestrians" tend to ignore you if you try to talk with them out of the blue.
    But if you, say, bow before them then they'll most likely return the gesture and possibly even interact with you further.

People are commonly polite, if they don't respond when you're trying to speak with them then take it as a request to leave them alone or they'll just whisper you.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Deleted
    Hi.

I am from AD, and would be delighted to have a potential new RP buddy; the more the merrier!

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I advise creating a new character just to see what's going on. If you like what you see you can transfer your character, if you haven't already.

Although my opinion is that I'm rather disappointed with AD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I advise creating a new character just to see what's going on. If you like what you see you can transfer your character, if you haven't already.

Although my opinion is that I'm rather disappointed with AD.
    Can't honestly say that I blame you that much. It is still great, but there are many obnoxious players that take things way too seriously, among other things, that all factor in sometimes causing a... Rather bleak experience. I mostly stick to planned sessions these days so it is still very fun.

What did you find particularly not to your liking?

You can't transfer from US servers to EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    You can't transfer from US servers to EU.
    You actually can ask for a license to be changed to another region, and they have done it before for one of our American players. I don't remember how much it costed him (during TBC), and I am not sure if it can be done now anymore. But he did actually contact CS, then Billing and got it done way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Can't honestly say that I blame you that much. It is still great, but there are many obnoxious players that take things way too seriously, among other things, that all factor in sometimes causing a... Rather bleak experience. I mostly stick to planned sessions these days so it is still very fun.

What did you find particularly not to your liking?
    I have several issues with role playing. First of all, I think WoW does not provide enough space for role players. You have to leave most things to the imagination, which breaks immersion for me.

On issues related to Argent Dawn, I don't know, maybe I expect too much from others. I know that I'm quite the perfectionist when it comes to role playing. But so far my role playing attempts have all been lackluster. I think it's mainly due to people deviating from the established lore too much. I'm okay with people making their own stories, but seeing a death knight bake cookies to other people kinda draws the line for me.

Or maybe I'm taking things too seriously, could it be that I'm one of those obnoxious people you mentioned?
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Thanks for the responses all!

I did not know there were issues transferring from US to Europe; I will check into that. Like I said, I was thinking Europe for the compatible hours (I work midnight to 0830 US east coast time), but maybe I'd be better on a server like Moonguard that's right next door for lower latency... Something to think about. I'm on an Oceanic server at the moment, because that used to suit my schedule, and my latency typically runs 230ms, which isn't really very noticeable.

I'm rarely if ever obnoxious (never intentionally), and I take my role-play semi-serious. I'm always thinking about how my characters would act in various situations, but I don't do drama. If someone else's play style is making my session less fun, I just move on and do something else.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    I have several issues with role playing. First of all, I think WoW does not provide enough space for role players. You have to leave most things to the imagination, which breaks immersion for me.

On issues related to Argent Dawn, I don't know, maybe I expect too much from others. I know that I'm quite the perfectionist when it comes to role playing. But so far my role playing attempts have all been lackluster. I think it's mainly due to people deviating from the established lore too much. I'm okay with people making their own stories, but seeing a death knight bake cookies to other people kinda draws the line for me.

Or maybe I'm taking things too seriously, could it be that I'm one of those obnoxious people you mentioned?
    I actually enjoy putting some imagination into things. But there are, of course, limits.

My main gripe on Warcraft's role play is that there is really no proper housing system. These days, we are either using the garrison with imagination, or some empty house at the risk of someone interrupting you.

I hate lore breaking, but honestly I just avoid those. Some stretching might be fine, but... Otherwise, not fond.

In all, I am ok with being a bit elastic for the sake of greater good, as long as it doesn't break lore, or immersion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

My main gripe on Warcraft's role play is that there is really no proper housing system. These days, we are either using the garrison with imagination, or some empty house at the risk of someone interrupting you.
    There is nothing better than creating a lvl 1 nude character on AD and just stumble at someone doing this. Just come in....and stare. Don't move. Don't talk. Don't breathe.

+ 10 points if you do this with half of your raiding team and form circle of silence around roleplayers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    There is nothing better than creating a lvl 1 nude character on AD and just stumble at someone doing this. Just come in....and stare. Don't move. Don't talk. Don't breathe.

+ 10 points if you do this with half of your raiding team and form circle of silence around roleplayers.
    I don't actually think any roleplayers I came in contact with cares. When we have this happen, we just ignore them. How long does it take? thirty minutes? An hour? Eventually they will go.

Also, you CAN be a raider and a roleplayer, what the fuck is this discrimination? I have All the removed raiding titles since Champion of the Naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually think any roleplayers I came in contact with cares. When we have this happen, we just ignore them. How long does it take? thirty minutes? An hour? Eventually they will go.
    Also, you CAN be a raider and a roleplayer, what the fuck is this discrimination? I have All the removed raiding titles since Champion of the Naaru.
    How does that relate to anything ?

Deleted
    How does that relate to anything ?
    Ah! I read raiding team as raiders team. My bad!

In my defense, I have seen this display of discrimination a lot among raiders, even among AD raiders themselves. When they come and try to troll roleplayers about how bad we are at the game and that this isn't the 'real game', I just link them Champion of the Naaru, Hand of A'dal, The Undying, The Immortal, Champion of Ulduar, Conquerer of Ulduar and Herald of the Titans 2009. When I ask them if they want more linking so that we can compare our achievements in the 'real game', that usually gets them either very mad or they simply leave. Pretty hilarious how it works every single time, I tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah! I read raiding team as raiders team. My bad!

In my defense, I have seen this display of discrimination a lot among raiders, even among AD raiders themselves. When they come and try to troll roleplayers about how bad we are at the game and that this isn't the 'real game', I just link them Champion of the Naaru, Hand of A'dal, The Undying, The Immortal, Champion of Ulduar, Conquerer of Ulduar and Herald of the Titans 2009. When I ask them if they want more linking so that we can compare our achievements in the 'real game', that usually gets them either very mad or they simply leave. Pretty hilarious how it works every single time, I tell you.
    Meh, i never understood why people thought that RP servers are for RP only.

Deleted
    Meh, i never understood why people thought that RP servers are for RP only.
    Because they are sad.

I mean, I am all for light hearted trolling. It is malice where I draw the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they are sad.

I mean, I am all for light hearted trolling. It is malice where I draw the line.
    You mean like making a macros of ALL billy mays commertials ? While playing blue shirt wearing pandaren male ? (btw i would NEVER do that).

Deleted
    You mean like making a macros of ALL billy mays commertials ? While playing blue shirt wearing pandaren male ? (btw i would NEVER do that).
    My brain just melted

10+ Year Old Account
    My brain just melted
    Nothing beats crashing druid meeting yelling "I love beautiful wood, don't you ?"

That sounds suspicious.