Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the class and ability overhauls were less frequent. I wouuld be happier if they didn't do them at all. Changes should be adjustments not overhauls.

10+ Year Old Account
    it feels almost like a new game, relearning the classes again and again.

on one hand it keeps it fresh, on the other it can be daunting when you have alot of chars to play.
    Hi

Gotta sorta agree with this. Maybe things would actually get close to being balanced if they didn't completely change how every damn class worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I don't think they need overhauls but expansions do need to offer something fresh and new beyond just more content. Every expansion to date has.

I'm an advocate for expansions centralized around content and nothing more; With the occasional class and ability overhauls should it be necessary!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind changes, provided they're actually good. It's not a simple thing to pin down.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice this is generally how Unholy had worked since cata. Very little has actually changed for the spec thank god.

I like classes changing - playing the same rotation for ever gets really stale. Sometimes the changes don't work well - this seemed to be the case with fury warriors initially in WOD and seems to be what people are saying about BM hunters in Legion beta. Classes have an identity and sometimes the changes don't fit with the identity. The difference between class changes now and the recent expansions is there is almost no open iterative process between Blizzard and long-time players of the spec. Of the specs I have played most my reaction to the changes Ive read about are...

1. Holy priest - hasn't been in great shape for a few expansions. Seems to be simplified in Legion. Ill wait to test.
    2. Discipline priest - has been overpowered for 2 expansions. Im bored with shield spam. Having a major overhaul for Legion and Im actually quite excited by it.
    3. Shadow priest - again having a major overhaul. I havent liked dpsing as shadow for quite some time (usually have 2 healing specs). Keen to try it out.
    4. Demonology warlock - having a major overhaul. I've read the changes are very buggy so far. I have mixed feelings about the changes.
    5. Destruction warlock - it doesn't seem to be changing much. Maybe each dps class needs an easy spec to play.
    6. Arcane mage - the way mastery works is changing which changes the rotation. I like the changes.
    7. BM hunter - a lot of negative feedback on legion forums. Changes seems to result in loss of its identity - particularly with pets being more fragile.
    8. Retribution paladin - a lot of changes - Ill need to test to see how I feel.
    9. Feral druid - seems like a variation on the same thing... it's been my main on and off (when Im not healing on my priest)... but I really need to pick a new main.

So some classes with massive overhaul I like, some I don't. I guess it just depends.

Then there wouldn't be a video game.
    The classes need to change. No one is going to play the same spec iteration for 12 years.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Then there wouldn't be a video game.
    The classes need to change. No one is going to play the same spec iteration for 12 years.
    I don't think anyone is really recommending a stable spec for 12 years. More gradual changes over a longer period of time are not off the table as discussion. Greg Street used to write about this occasionally. The point he was making is that players can absorb a certain amount of change. Too much change too often is a bad thing. When things get to the point that you no longer even recognize the class you made your toon about perhaps things have gotten out of hand.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It would get stale and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't think anyone is really recommending a stable spec for 12 years. More gradual changes over a longer period of time are not off the table as discussion. Greg Street used to write about this occasionally. The point he was making is that players can absorb a certain amount of change. Too much change too often is a bad thing. When things get to the point that you no longer even recognize the class you made your toon about perhaps things have gotten out of hand.
    Yep, I remember him saying the biggest reason for people leaving was too much changed. That he had reservations about people not recognising their characters any more.

That's what content patches are for....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    That's what content patches are for....
    I thought they were about new continents, new levels, and new volumes in the story.

to be honest, there is some massive changes, I think all for the better. I doubt we are going to see any overhauls in the next Xpack, it's not needed. Every single spec seems just right for what it is kinda thing. They've been pushing this "class fantasy" allot, I think they've nailed it. I'm happy with all of them, I doubt I'l be able to bring myself to play a DK still, but meh :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Game need to change to keep people interrested. If the classes would be the exact same thing today as in vanilla. No one would play anymore.
    Exactly. I mean, with no changes to any class, it would become stale to have a main, and it could not be fixed by 1 new talent row each expansion. Perhaps if we got a new one once a year, but that would also end up as a mess a few years from now.

Overhauls are also necessary to adapt different classes to new raid mechanisms, unless you also want "same old story" every expansion. You need the tools to counter your enemy in a fun and interesting way.
    But... Yeah I see where you are going. Perhaps blizzard have been changing to many core mechanics for some classes, but as long as it feels good it is ok

I have found it a necessary evil. Sometimes I will like the changes and other times I will not. Better than getting stuck with something that is always bad. Nice to also have a change of routine.

Is OP for or against gear resets that happen with every expansion? Observation wise I have found a lot of complaints from the gear reset and players unable to reset their mind going from face rolling content they out gear to starting at the bottom again where even a quest might pose them some difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    One thing I find myself tired of after 11+ years of WoW is the constant overhaul of talents and abilities at the start of every expansion.

The only thing I would really want of an expansion is more content. More zones, more instances, more armor and weapons, more BG's etc.
    Having to re-adjust every 2 years is getting very old for me.

What's your take on this? Do you like the constant changing of classes and abilities? Or would you also just want more content?
    My take is that Blizzard should stop being lazy. TBC had major class overhauls along with a buttload of things to do and new systems such as heroic dungeons and arenas, coupled with an overhaul of existing ones such as the honor system and questing.

It's insane the amount of resources spent on class overhauls every expansion. Fix the problems that exist, don't build a whole new house every god damn time bringing with entirely new problems.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    man I hate what they are doing to rogues in Legion.

I've been a rogue main for almost 12 years now and I just can't stand what they're doing to us.
    What? I am really like the changes tbh... or well they didn't really Change them a lot anyways