10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    It did seem weird to have Breeze on his name, unless we got another pony with that name. The character was insufferable, but I can relate to him a little.....okay a lot.
    "Zephyr" already means "breeze"; it's like "Moon Moon" levels of redundant, except less funny. "Snowfall Frost" isn't quite as bad, but still, "Frost" isn't adding anything "Snowfall" didn't already cover.

I just...I just can't watch the ep without my brain going fucking nuts. If you say "Zephyr" to me, the pony I think of is so hilariously, wildly different from Mr. Breeze, it's pretty insane. Every time they say it my brain has to stop for like ten seconds. I can't watch it. I can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparkks View Post
    "Zephyr" already means "breeze"; it's like "Moon Moon" levels of redundant, except less funny. "Snowfall Frost" isn't quite as bad, but still, "Frost" isn't adding anything "Snowfall" didn't already cover.

I just...I just can't watch the ep without my brain going fucking nuts. If you say "Zephyr" to me, the pony I think of is so hilariously, wildly different from Mr. Breeze, it's pretty insane. Every time they say it my brain has to stop for like ten seconds. I can't watch it. I can't.
    Listen to good music instead
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Oh my Celestia Fluttershy, you can't say that, this is a kid's show!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted

time for this dragon to retire to his cave
    g'nite everypony

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    [video=youtube;ctVrpQ-orss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctVrpQ-orss[video]
    Ah, old machinima memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, how was my first day in produce? It was stupid. I get there, and all they really had me do was work backstock. Ok, fine. But I know how to stock things. To be fair, I had to learn how to stock certain things because it's produce. I learned how to shuck corn. Or, I learned the definition of shucking. But like, these people don't know how to train. They all leave, and it's me and a fairly new guy who transferred from the deli. I was teaching him stocking tricks.

And then, they pulled him to work in deli for two hours. I mean, if they needed him, fine, whatever, but they left a brand new guy, me, in produce for two hours on his own. You just don't do that. I was seriously scared to fuck anything up, because it's produce, apparently the most important department in the store.

So, I know how to stock. I know how to clean, but I needed specifics on what to clean, and hell, where the goddamn cleaning supplies are (I assume they keep their own and don't have to use maintenance's shit). We didn't cull, which is going to the floor and finding all the bad shit and taking it back to the dump bins. Also how to input all that information in, so it can be registered as "damaged". This is all the stuff I needed to know. But we didn't have time to cull, we didn't zone, and I spent the last, oh, 45 minutes holding up a goddamn fence post. Wait, what? Yeah, see the fresh area manager got an idea to build a fence around the pallets of watermelons, open up one end so they fall into the bottom pallet, and maybe even a little slide they can slide down. Whatever. But while they're putting it together, me and the grocery support manager had to hold the shit up while they drilled it all in. Oh, and of course they messed it up.

Maybe I'm just upset because I'm used to going to work and knowing it so well I can basically shut my brain off. And because I can't learn everything in one day. BUt damn, they wanted help over there. They should, I don't know, maybe focus on that help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, how was my first day in produce? It was stupid. I get there, and all they really had me do was work backstock. Ok, fine. But I know how to stock things. To be fair, I had to learn how to stock certain things because it's produce. I learned how to shuck corn. Or, I learned the definition of shucking. But like, these people don't know how to train. They all leave, and it's me and a fairly new guy who transferred from the deli. I was teaching him stocking tricks.

And then, they pulled him to work in deli for two hours. I mean, if they needed him, fine, whatever, but they left a brand new guy, me, in produce for two hours on his own. You just don't do that. I was seriously scared to fuck anything up, because it's produce, apparently the most important department in the store.

So, I know how to stock. I know how to clean, but I needed specifics on what to clean, and hell, where the goddamn cleaning supplies are (I assume they keep their own and don't have to use maintenance's shit). We didn't cull, which is going to the floor and finding all the bad shit and taking it back to the dump bins. Also how to input all that information in, so it can be registered as "damaged". This is all the stuff I needed to know. But we didn't have time to cull, we didn't zone, and I spent the last, oh, 45 minutes holding up a goddamn fence post. Wait, what? Yeah, see the fresh area manager got an idea to build a fence around the pallets of watermelons, open up one end so they fall into the bottom pallet, and maybe even a little slide they can slide down. Whatever. But while they're putting it together, me and the grocery support manager had to hold the shit up while they drilled it all in. Oh, and of course they messed it up.

Maybe I'm just upset because I'm used to going to work and knowing it so well I can basically shut my brain off. And because I can't learn everything in one day. BUt damn, they wanted help over there. They should, I don't know, maybe focus on that help.
    Yeah, places like that just seem to forget that you can't learn everything that quickly. Back when I was stock I was told I would get help for about a month, but a week in and I'm still learning new things and they expect me to know how to do inventory.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Hyah! Hah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Something in this picture does not belong. Can you spot it?

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Something in this picture does not belong. Can you spot it?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/v9UBejhl.jpg[img]
    Kinda looks like a high-quality image of a Starcraft marine in the middle there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda looks like a high-quality image of a Starcraft marine in the middle there.
    xD

Yea, that poor little Empire Lord was quite lost

I made sure I showed him the way back

Undead are so helpful

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    Morning folks.
    Put in my letter of interest for the open position at work the other day. Already know I won't get it which is fine, I only need to keep up on trying or they'll pull the bullshit "well you didn't apply for the last one." If by chance I get it then yay $2 raise if not then another 2 are opening up and I have a really high chance at a secondary lead position then a primary.
    How are y'all doing.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria View Post
    Morning folks.
    Put in my letter of interest for the open position at work the other day. Already know I won't get it which is fine, I only need to keep up on trying or they'll pull the bullshit "well you didn't apply for the last one." If by chance I get it then yay $2 raise if not then another 2 are opening up and I have a really high chance at a secondary lead position then a primary.
    How are y'all doing.
    Today was my first day in produce and it was kinda stupid.

For you, though, I would think about whether the job is worth putting up with, even with the raise. I don't know what you do though, so I couldn't tell ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today was my first day in produce and it was kinda stupid.

For you, though, I would think about whether the job is worth putting up with, even with the raise. I don't know what you do though, so I couldn't tell ya.
    I work at a private institution for mentally disabled children and being on night shift means I do half hour room checks, clean the house I work in, all sorts of paperwork, and getting the residents ready in the morning.
    I've been told by many people that I should t bother trying to get a higher position as the amount of bullshit you have to put up with isn't worth the pay. An example would be where my primary lead had gotten a warning from administration for basically telling someone they had to do their job(true story). I'm mostly doing it so I have a leadership position under my belt if I ever get a new job.

- - - Updated - - -

Well looks like I'm backup lead again for a while because baby today is the day.

Morning folks.
    How are y'all doing.
    Hopefully you get one of those.

- - - Updated - - -

One of my cats, the bigger one, is jumping up on things for some reason all of a sudden. It's like hearing a 15 pound weight hit the floor when he jumps off of stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Hopefully you get one of those.

- - - Updated - - -

One of my cats, the bigger one, is jumping up on things for some reason all of a sudden. It's like hearing a 15 pound weight hit the floor when he jumps off of stuff.
    Maine coon or just a fat cat?

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I thought of silly things like this but I don't and I'm bad at any sort of editing.

Maine coon or just a fat cat?
    Siamese I think, but he is just the bigger of the two.