Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Guys, does anyone know who the orc is who holds guldans staff when they arrive in azeroth (he is also near guldan and blackhand when they are at the portal on draenor)? Could this be nerzhul/kilrogg?
    I doubt it's Ner'zhul, but could be Kilrogg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Seen the movie last night. It was better than I expected having seen the terrible trailers for it, but it wasn't a great movie. The spectacle of the CGI and my attachment to the universe kept me interested but the movie suffers from some horrible acting, badly written lines, a weird pace and a story that doesn't really work.

6.5/10
    and for someone that doesn't know anything about the universe: 5.5/10
    Shame, I really enjoyed it myself.
    Wasn't bothered by the horrible acting, really enjoyed it since its warcraft style and it doesn't have to be fully serious like all the blockbusters that we watch nowadays.
    Really solid movie in my opinion, the first hour a bit slow but the second half really made up for it.
    I'll give it a solid 7.5 or 8/10

Just saw the movie, the movie it self is a mess, as a Warcraft fan i was expecting changes to appeal wider audience and it is understandable at some point but the story plot is just a hell of a mess, they changed it too much i barely recognize it at all, i am really disappointed, they rushed everything and deliver so little.

CGI, character and location detail is on point, acting wasn't even a problem, they left so much unexplained, under developed and for the worse they expect you to be a Warcraft fan to understand it, and even as a fan you get disappointed with the changes and overall overwhelming lack of development and pace that the story has.

Blizzard lacks integrity/backbone when it comes to leave their lore intact explain it as it was already known, just take the video game perspective, and realize an updated full cinematic performance.

My humble opinion 5/10, i am disappointed.

Deleted
    No offence, but all the same story beats from the game is in the movie. Even the conclusion, as in the original game, we don't get a clear idea of who won.

As much i dont like your opinions in this thread vegas82 i also think it wont make 100m in US or Canda,also i hope it will be atleast 200m in china

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    My opinion that it is a fun but flawed film? Guess you are one of those who thinks it is perfect and will spit on the extended version then. Nothing else has really been my opinion in here. Lot's of defending the right of others to dislike the film if they do though.
    What's been confusing me is your need to defend people who are obviously acting irrationally, but, you know, whatever floats your boat.

They mean a clip from the actual movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone hasn't been paying attention. This movie isn't expected to make $100M in the US and Canada let alone 200.

All things considered, movie has done okay in most markets. If you leave China, it is just going dud in any big market to make a serious impact. Canada/UK and US are three big English speaking market, followed by Australia. I doubt all four combined will generate 100M. At this moment, either China will break this movie or turn it into a success. I really don't know how much Dalian group is willing to fork in from their own pocket but I doubt Legendary will touch another Warcraft movie. Ofcourse PR 2 is coming so nothing is set in stone.

We are running lot of Warcraft posts in WoW forum and it is amazing to see the amount of disinterest in Warcraft movie. Many current WoW players don't care for movie, for one reason or another. There are couple of posts on forum about downloading it from internet, illegally. No wonder box office predictions are so low. Not watching this movie is one way for players to show how much they hate the way Blizzard has handled WoW in recent years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Because I don't see people doing their job as acting irrationally? Just because you guys think there's some weird conspiracy to hate this film doesn't mean it's true.
    Then their whole job is an irrational enterprise. I don't think there's a conspiracy. I think they have a bias against it because they've stereotyped the whole thing in their heads. You, dude, have been defending 10/100 reviews. You KNOW the film doesn't deserve such a low score. Defending that sort of critic isn't even being the devil's advocate, it's being an intellectual masochist who likes being obviously wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Not watching this movie is one way for players to show how much they hate the way Blizzard has handled WoW in recent years.
    Which is spiteful and childish not to mention this isn't a World of Warcraft movie. Which I'm sure has been echoed 1000 times.
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Recorded video of HBO Warcraft featurette. It's a great video, but it's also sad to see all those scenes that didn't make it into the final cut

https://www.facebook.com/Jonnybubs/v...7577429087293/

At least, I liked the film. Actually, I loved it, with all its praises and flaws.
    It's one film I will watch 1231416704398 times without getting tired of it. Sure, it could have been even better (director's cut), but at least I loved it. That's to me the most important thing.

But...

I also really want a sequel. So I hope the film grosses enough to go on with the story. If tomorrow they tell me "There will be sequels", then I couldn't care less for the bad reviews or whatever. I just want to enjoy the Warcraft movie universe, and the first film, while flawed, was a thing I loved and something I will watch and watch again many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Which is spiteful and childish not to mention this isn't a World of Warcraft movie. Which I'm sure has been echoed 1000 times.
    You do realize that's precisely what they are doing and no one cares if this is not a "WoW" movie. WoW is what we have right now. Few played Warcraft and even less played WC1.

Taken straight from forum:

I saw the promo. Ill pass. Im assuming there's a plot, but most of it just looks like a rehash of all the version trailers, with fill. It looks great, but beyond that, well...

That dialogue though. I'll wait, I don't want to laugh out loud in the theatre.

Was excited... then the special AMC thing hit... didn't see any close to me... got bummed.
    Now, I'm just gonna go when I do... or wait till its on dvd.With all the previews and such... its kind of gotten old...

I'm not. I get enough Alliance propaganda in-game, no need to go out and sit there for 2 hours to receive more.

Warcraft movie is great at looking pretty, but it is actually pretty !@#$ty. they put in so much money into the movie and the reviews are absolutely terrible, it would have been a better use of money if they used it to improve WoW, and give us our LEGACY SERVERS...
    Last edited by jdbond592; 2016-06-05 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    At least, I liked the film. Actually, I loved it, with all its praises and flaws.
    It's one film I will watch 1231416704398 times without getting tired of it. Sure, it could have been even better (director's cut), but at least I loved it. That's to me the most important thing.

But...

I also really want a sequel. So I hope the film grosses enough to go on with the story. If tomorrow they tell me "There will be sequels", then I couldn't care less for the bad reviews or whatever. I just want to enjoy the Warcraft movie universe, and the first film, while flawed, was a thing I loved and something I will watch and watch again many times.
    I think we are also pretty much guaranteed a directors cut to. Christ if batman vs superman can get one and be the steaming pile of poop that is Warcraft definitely has a shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    Recorded video of HBO Warcraft featurette. It's a great video, but it's also sad to see all those scenes that didn't make it into the final cut

https://www.facebook.com/Jonnybubs/v...7577429087293/
    Holy fuck, but I want the scene at 10:26 in the movie. It looks to be gorgeous. And of course, the Draenor campfire scene.

If we cannot get a sequel, then give us at least an extended version or director's cut

10+ Year Old Account
    What I KNOW is that out of 7 billion people on the planet there are going to be those who find nothing redeeming about the film. If that happens to be some of these critics then there is nothing suspicious about it. The only one being irrational here is you.
    I'm not saying it's suspicious. I'm saying it's purely irrational and that their word shouldn't mean anything to anyone. What is a fact, for example, is that this movie is a visual spectacle on the scale of Avatar and deserves praise for, if nothing else, at least that. And it's not a subjective thing - ILM have said that this movie pushes boundaries when it comes to CGI.

A critic failing to recognize at least that is no proper critic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    You do realize that's precisely what they are doing and no one cares if this is not a "WoW" movie. WoW is what we have right now. Few played Warcraft and even less played WC1.

Taken straight from forum:

I saw the promo. Ill pass. Im assuming there's a plot, but most of it just looks like a rehash of all the version trailers, with fill. It looks great, but beyond that, well...

That dialogue though. I'll wait, I don't want to laugh out loud in the theatre.

Was excited... then the special AMC thing hit... didn't see any close to me... got bummed.
    Now, I'm just gonna go when I do... or wait till its on dvd.With all the previews and such... its kind of gotten old...

I'm not. I get enough Alliance propaganda in-game, no need to go out and sit there for 2 hours to receive more.

Warcraft movie is great at looking pretty, but it is actually pretty !@#$ty. they put in so much money into the movie and the reviews are absolutely terrible, it would have been a better use of money if they used it to improve WoW, and give us our LEGACY SERVERS...
    Do you know that the forums is where you find the most negative people relating WoW and Blizzard? Heck, the last one's agenda is even stated on his comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did they leave this out

1000th post hooray

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Faier View Post
    You can try to do it, but u can't truly do it though. Just as there things you know you only got it and enjoyed cos you are fan, there's a lot of baggage you carry, as well as expectations, that a non-fan doesn't. Many things you like just a bit or you didn't like at all, you could have truly liked as a non-fan. But you can't really know that.
    It's easier than it sounds. If someone is rational enough, is more than able to understand when the excitement for a certain scene comes from the scene itself or the meaning that scene as for you specifically. Yeah, you get a whole set of different emotions from a non-fan but it doesn't mean that you can't ignore all of that to deliver a judgement more strictly related to what the movie simply shows.

With this I don't mean that you can utterly bend your mind to fit the one of an average moviegoer and literally be someone else, but you can still achieve some valuable result by trying so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Ok, this was funny. =P

The hipster outfit killed it. 10/10

Because I don't see people doing their job as acting irrationally? Just because you guys think there's some weird conspiracy to hate this film doesn't mean it's true.
    You even went your way to defend a critic deeming the orcs stupid for not wearing t-shirts. Come on, Vegas. Some people can't be defended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Why did they leave this out

1000th post hooray
    Because it was good world and character building. They couldn't have that in their popcorn summer videogame blockbuster.