Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    I feel the same way when someone tries to make me watch a Jennifer Lawrence movie to boot. It's an endless chain of strangling.
    it's a sad state of affairs for everyone involved.

Or perhaps it's her fetish?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Obviously. But men are usually stronger than women. For example, being punched in the face will hurt regardless of gender, but a man will be able to endure more.
    What kind of logic is this? Just because a man is stronger doesn't mean they can endure more.

All I saw was a person being strangled by another person. I asked my wife if she saw anything wrong with the poster, to which she replied, "why's the guy from Guardians of The Galaxy choking Mystique".....Anywho, these people look for things that aren't there to complain about, the fact that studio heads bow to these muppets is the scary part.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

I take offense to the literally thousand of symbol of a execution and torture instrument that people have put up everywhere, on chains around their necks, hung up in their kitchens, even so far as to make they children kneel before it, this person being brutally murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The actual movie, which I just saw, is probably the most violent PG-13 release I've seen in a long time. There was a lot of blood. Regardless of what the rating is of the specific scene, it is inappropriate to have kids see a man choking a woman in a advertisement in public.
    Why, though? Why specifically a man choking a woman?

- - - Updated - - -

This is actually spot on. But many people, especially gamers will deny it.
    Mainly because its patently false.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Why, though? Why specifically a man choking a woman?
    Because womunz r week or something. And guys will see it and start choking women. Or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Deleted
    This is the exact element why I dislike females in important roles sometimes.

Female roles get certain protections that can ruin a story.
    A male role can be put in their place for their action or opinion in the story, a woman cannnot. (unless the woman is an apprentice of Sean Connery :P)

A great example is the anime Black Lagoon, where the stoic badass character is female named Revy and the 'idealistic sidekick 'is male and named Rock.
    Revy lives in a violent environment and had a violent youth. When the male idealistic tries to criticise a certain action he gets slapped and threatened with his live by the main character and shows it’s not all that simple and idealistic. Despite that the main character does see Rock as a beacon of hope and a moral compass for herself and protects him when he gets involved in matters she doesn’t care about.

Later in the series something reverse happens. Rock was always a great thinker and every time he tried to resolve an issue he failed because he didn't want to use people as pawns and make sacrifices. So a new issue arrives including a new character. This new character is a badass young girl that is an apprentice of an assassin. Rock devises a risky plan where he uses people as pawns and takes risk in order to get the best outcome. He succeeds and everyone he wanted to save live, not counting a few limbs lost but during this entire process this new female character criticizes Revy and Rock even shooting and hitting Rock but she gets away with it, never being put into place like Revy did with Rock.

I always dislike this. Now mind you maybe it's more realistic that woman get this protection in the real world as well and I’m just too much of an equalitarian. But then it's also more realistic that males are the heroes and do combat :P

Badass females:
    I can’t remember anytime where a female got physically attacked unless she was in combat or to show how bad and abusive the male character is.

=====================================================================
    You had a similar problem with nickelodeon programs where when the mean scheming person is a female she got away with it, no punishment which traditionally happened when that character was male. A good example is with the little sister in Drake & Josh. There was however a more recent Nickelodeon show (think a show about being a superhero assistant) where the sister scheme did come back to bite her.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    That is probably a good idea. Kids don't need to be exposed to violent imagery in public, especially against women.

I'm not saying it should be a law but companies should be responsible and sensitive in how they advertise.
    By that logic then showing things like Looney Toons is too much for kids, after all they shoot and explode all the time.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I think the main flaw here is that there's an offense taken. Because the question asked has a very decent answer:

Why is that monster man strangling that woman?

Because he's a monster man! That's the reason.

This isn't an advert whose message is "Remember to strangle your women, lol!" This is about how evil the villain is. This is about the new X-men movie being about a huge asshole that needs to be stopped. This poster doesn't promote violence against women. Seeing literal satan commit an act of evil, if anything, is supposed to inspire you not to follow the example.

The only thing sexist here, if anything, is that we live in a society where it's not the act of strangling and domination that's the bad thing in this picture, but that it has to be inflicted on a women for it to have any emotional impact on us. If this was Beast being strangled to death, someone arguably friendlier and a better person than Mystique, we wouldn't care half as much.

I'm also not buying the quote from the kid. Which child that uses terms like "monster man" uses the term "commit violence"? Choking, grabbing or strangling, maybe. No kid looks at fighting super heroes and thinks. "Those two are committing an Act of Violence".

Anyway, point is, Apocalypse is a villain. He is evil, because he inflicts deplorable acts. You're supposed to find his action bad. But you're supposed to direct your anger at him, not the people that put him on a poster. :P

I think that it shows equality. There are women who are enough of a threat to warrant killing in your diabolical plan to rule the earth.

But Feminism is mad. We can't offend Feminism.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Now if only those helicarriers from another Marvel movie were a reality then all these annoying SJW's could be entered into the computer mainframe as targets to be eliminated. Not that anyone would miss them.

But seriously, there has to be some legal trick of procedure that can be used to shut them up?

Deleted
    Are women somehow above being choked then? Is it only ok for men to be choked?

I say #equalchoking4everyone

ffs Apocalypse is a movie villain, that is what the bad guy does. What do you expect him to do, offer tea and crumpets to Mystique and the rest of the X-Men?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    What kind of logic is this? Just because a man is stronger doesn't mean they can endure more.
    This kind of logic is called "logic". The stronger one is the more muscle mass the person has, the more muscle mass the more effort one needs to put to actually damage something actually important. Unless we are talking about things such as pain endurance then woman who have given birth got higher pain threshold - there was study about it.

Bottom line is @Caerule is right.
    Also anyone who is getting worked up about woman being strangled there is sexist pig, if you want to get something worked up about point the act of violence in general, not gender specific.(hint the whole thing isn't really worth stressing over)

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    Now if only those helicarriers from another Marvel movie were a reality then all these annoying SJW's could be entered into the computer mainframe as targets to be eliminated. Not that anyone would miss them.

But seriously, there has to be some legal trick of procedure that can be used to shut them up?
    Nice try magneto from Xmen 2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Are women somehow above being choked then? Is it only ok for men to be choked?

I say #equalchoking4everyone
    Someone already posted picture references on how many people have choked mystique VS. The amount of people mystique has choked in the fox xmen movies. The score is like 5 to 1, Mystique being the choker of 5 of course.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    This kind of logic is called "logic". The stronger one is the more muscle mass the person has, the more muscle mass the more effort one needs to put to actually damage something actually important.
    Since when do you have muscles in that amount, at the throat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Since when do you have muscles in that amount, at the throat?
    Well, that depends on how much you use your throat and for what, doesn't it?

The people complaining about that poster need to do two things:

Get several pairs of these

And then put them on.
    Last edited by Derah; 2016-06-05 at 01:22 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Never said it does. But people becoming desensitized to graphic violence is real. Gamers will deny it because gaming is what they love. Being a gamer myself, I do love them too, but I still hold my opinion. It's all forms of media, not just video games.
    There's a simple reason for the desensitisation. Gamers are fully aware that virtual violence and real violence are two separate things.

The mass media creates mass hysteria over the concept of violent games creating violent, or violence accepting people, because it sells and it's what certain groups of people want to hear.

More realistically, you would find that most gamers are appalled by real life violence. Those who aren't, tend to be those who have been exposed to real world violence, whether bullying or abuse, in the real world.

I am fine with shooting 10 people in a game. I'm fine with my character being tortured, I'm fine with being deeply involved in virtual, violent situations.

However, I would not shoot one, never mind 10 people in reality and if I did shoot one person, it would be in an extreme self-defense situation. I don't condone warrantless violence against anyone. I don't believe most people do, gamers or not.

At the end of the day, it's two fictional, non-human characters in a combat situation, from a series known for its conflicts and fight sequences.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2016-06-05 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    This kind of logic is called "logic". The stronger one is the more muscle mass the person has, the more muscle mass the more effort one needs to put to actually damage something actually important.
    A throat punch or eye gouge will still have the same impact on a muscle bound person as it would on a skinny person. A shot to the ear will disorient even the biggest of people. Muscle mass has no bearing on the nose, a big dude's nose will break just the same as a small dude or a woman's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.