10+ Year Old Account
    1. Silithid
    2. Nerubians
    3&4. Mantid
    5.....wat......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    Out of these three mighty Insect Civilization

1. Which empire has the best looking insect appearances?

2. Which empire has the best architecture and culture?

3. Which empire had the most military power during their prime?

4. Which empire had the most population during their primes?

5. If all three of these empires joined together and become one giant insect empire during their primes. What would be the strongest faction they'll beat in the whole Warcraft Lore?
    1. This is subjective, but I like Nerubian.

2. Nerubian and Mantid for architecture, only nerubian for culture, I mean, mantid's idea of fun was stacking guys and attacking a wall then putting the winners in amber.

3. Mantid. They kept gathering little guys all the time, they just had a shit tactic. But if they would have actively used actual tactics, their military power would have been better than others.

4. Again, Mandit, they kept stacking a bazillion guys.

5. During their primes? Everyone other than the Alliance, the Horde, the Scourge, the Naga and the Burning Legion. The Alliance and Horde would beat them as races from their ranks have beat them before (night elves vs silithid, trolls versus regular bugs thousands of years ago, pandaren versus mantid) so the full faction would roll on them, the Scourge would defeat them as they defeated the Nerubians, in slow, but gaining wars by raising the dead and using them to fight their bretheren, the naga would win because none of these bugs are water breathing and the Legion would win because they're much more than these bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    I hate all those insect races. I'm glad they're dead.
    They arn't dead.

1. Nerubian
    2. Mantid
    3. Nerubian
    4. Mantid
    5. Idk...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    5. During their primes? Everyone other than the Alliance, the Horde, the Scourge, the Naga and the Burning Legion. The Alliance and Horde would beat them as races from their ranks have beat them before (night elves vs silithid, trolls versus regular bugs thousands of years ago, pandaren versus mantid) so the full faction would roll on them, the Scourge would defeat them as they defeated the Nerubians, in slow, but gaining wars by raising the dead and using them to fight their bretheren, the naga would win because none of these bugs are water breathing and the Legion would win because they're much more than these bugs.
    I didn't thought of that
    good point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zul View Post
    I still hope nerubians will become playable or at least get their own x-pack. Coolest race in the wow universe, imo.
    Very very hard to be done
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zul View Post
    5. If we discount the fact the playable factions always win, the back empire would probably wipe out all the other factions on azeroth. After that they'd corrupt the world soul of azeroth and turn it into a void lord avatar which'd wipe out the burning legion, Sargeras and the entire universe, unless the burning legion managed to reach azeroth before it got corrupted. Burning legion beats aqir, but aqir with dark titan beats everything.
    The three insects empires joining together in their primes is not the Black Empire, though. No Old God, no faceless / n'raqi, and good luck at corrupting Azeroth without any Old God. Not that even the Black Empire (with OGs / n'raqi and everything) would be able to wipe out all other factions on Azeroth either - they were defeated by the Keepers and their titan-forged armies - we have a lot more powerful armies and commanders than that now.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    Out of these three mighty Insect Civilization

1. Which empire has the best looking insect appearances?

2. Which empire has the best architecture and culture?

3. Which empire had the most military power during their prime?

4. Which empire had the most population during their primes?

5. If all three of these empires joined together and become one giant insect empire during their primes. What would be the strongest faction they'll beat in the whole Warcraft Lore?
    i like (possibly?) N'zoth's minions, the new spider/nightborne hybrids, they look super scary and cool. but we dont know yet if its his minions or just weird abominations...

if not then im all for nerbiuan... like holy shit i love their purple and gold, mixed with Egyptian look, and the bigger ones (anub'arak as a example) are so horrifiying, i remember back in wrath, back before i used to look up stuff, and i was in a ok guild, not amazing, we all screamed in panic as the floor broke and i screamed even more when i saw the massive bug we killed in the dungeon, but this time even larger (was 11 at the time so :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    The three insects empires joining together in their primes is not the Black Empire, though. No Old God, no faceless / n'raqi, and good luck at corrupting Azeroth without any Old God. Not that even the Black Empire (with OGs / n'raqi and everything) would be able to wipe out all other factions on Azeroth either - they were defeated by the Keepers and their titan-forged armies - we have a lot more powerful armies and commanders than that now.
    Maybe in your headcanon.
    The Black empire was not defeated by the keepers and the titan forged. Y'shaarj wrecked the keepers and the titan forged, it took Aman'thul to kill him.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    Maybe in your headcanon.
    The Black empire was not defeated by the keepers and the titan forged. Y'shaarj wrecked the keepers and the titan forged, it took Aman'thul to kill him.
    Fair enough. I should have put "with the exception of Y'Shaarj" - that slipped from my mind since it happened quite early in that war. Other than the sole exception case of Y'Shaarj, though, every other parts of the Black Empire including other OGs were defeated by the Keepers and the titan forged. We have a lot more powerful armies and heroes compared to that now so unless Y'Shaarj pull a Sargeras (with him being more powerful than all his forces combined), the result probably wouldn't change.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-06-03 at 12:52 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    They even name the Old God's and their forces collectively: The Black Empire.
    The way I took it was that the Black Empire is what was created when Y'shaarj unified the forces of the Old Gods under his control. An empire isn't like a federation. Empires are the result of conquest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in your headcanon.
    as i remember " correct me if i'm wrong" but because the Black empire army had rough time Vs the Titan keepers, that Y'shaarj had to face the Titan keepers who couldn't defeat the Old god so Aman'thul charged in the fight !
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The way I took it was that the Black Empire is what was created when Y'shaarj unified the forces of the Old Gods under his control. An empire isn't like a federation. Empires are the result of conquest.
    Yeah, like the conquest of the native elemental forces of Azeroth?
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Fair enough. I should have put "with the exception of Y'Shaarj" - that slipped from my mind since it happened quite early in that war. Other than the sole exception case of Y'Shaarj, though, every other parts of the Black Empire including other OGs were defeated by the Keepers and the titan forged. We have a lot more powerful armies and heroes compared to that now so unless Y'Shaarj pull a Sargeras (with him being more powerful than all his forces combined), the result probably wouldn't change.
    Seeing as how the titan forged and the keepers couldn't defeat Y'Shaarj but they defeated the other old gods and their forces. It seems that Y'Shaarj by himself was stronger than the rest of the Black Empire. It took Aman'thul to kill him. The only other characters who can kill Y'Shaarj are the Titans/Sargeras. There is no one in the Horde or Alliance who is on that power level.

Simply put, the Black Empire would shit on the Horde and Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    as i remember " correct me if i'm wrong" but because the Black empire army had rough time Vs the Titan keepers, that Y'shaarj had to face the Titan keepers who couldn't defeat the Old god so Aman'thul charged in the fight !
    How cool would it have been to have an expac where we time traveled to the past where we helped the titan keepers fight against the Black Empire? Instead we got the "iron horde". LMAO
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

7+ Year Old Account

How cool would it have been to have an expac where we time traveled to the past where we helped the titan keepers fight against the Black Empire? Instead we got the "iron horde". LMAO
    for fairness i liked the Warlord story's, but the exp was not done well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    for fairness i liked the Warlord story's, but the exp was not done well.
    Well I (and 10million others) were hype for WoD. I think blizzard really fucked up. They fucked up Ner'zhul and Kargath, who were my favorite warlords. That really pissed me off. Plus they did jack shit with Cho'gall and his "master". But I did really liked the Arakkoa lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    The Mantid Nerubians, and Qiraji only evolved after the Old Gods were imprisoned and the world had sundered. Before then they were still one uniform race the Aqir.

Indeed. In my humble opinion, the Qiraji reached their peak during the War of the Shifting Sand. Azjol-Nerub was mainly underground and was at its peak before the War of the Spider. They were not a race of conquerers, and rarely ventured on the surface. The Mantid Swarm has always been a threat to the Pandaren Empire. However, since the swarming only goal is not really to conquer but to cull the weak from the swarm, they have not really reached their peak. With the death of their Empress, they suffered a major setback.

Therefore :

1. Best appearance: Mantids look better because they were added last. However, I think that the Qiraji have more diverse forms, very otherwordly and scarier. So I would go with them.

2. Best architecture: Nerubians. Azjol-Nerub and the Old Kingdom were beautiful dungeons.

3. Military power: Qiraji. They gave the Night Elves a hard time, and would have won if the Dragons didn't join the fray. One thousand year later, they were still a threat to the whole world with their army of silithids (who are not Qiraji).

4. Population: Either Mantids or Nerubians. The Qiraji may not have been so numerous. They counted on the silithids to bolster their forces, and seems to mostly remain in Ahn'Qiraj. As for the Mantids, they reproduce fast, but their numbers diminish after each swarming. The Nerubians' subterranean empire spread throughout an entire continent, so they could have been the most populous empire of Azeroth.

5. If they united? Well, technically they were united as the Aqir. And they were defeated by the Trolls. After that, they were each on their own continent, so it's hard to imagine how they could have united. It would have been an alliance on paper, with each insect empire trying to gain control of their own continent without much help from their allies. I suppose it would have been easier for the Nerubians to control Northrend, so they could help the Qiraji against the Night Elves in Kalimdor. After that, it would have been a piece of cake to take the rest of the world. So, the Night Elves would have been the key faction to eliminate, and the more difficult.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Well I (and 10million others) were hype for WoD. I think blizzard really fucked up. They fucked up Ner'zhul and Kargath, who were my favorite warlords. That really pissed me off. Plus they did jack shit with Cho'gall and his "master". But I did really liked the Arakkoa lore.
    Me too i was so hyped to continue to know more about them
    but sadly we may never know

1.Qiraji - the Silithid brain bugs and sand reavers are my favorite bugs in the game.

2. Nerubian - their architecture was so cool, the Lich King used it as the architecture for the Scourge.

3. Mantid - i think the mantid were the strongest because they served the strongest Old God.

4. Mantid - They controlled the most land during the height of the Black Empire.

5. Hard to say. The Aqir lost to the trolls, the Qiraji defeated the night elves and put up a good fight vs the dragons + night elves, the Nerubians fought valiantly against the scourge + faceless. The Mantids never went all out when they culled their weak vs the pandaren. Combined they would likely be on par with the Horde and Alliance.

well, the nerubians and mantid are off-shoots of the Quiraji, so i would asume that the Quiraji was the strongest during their prime, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    well, the nerubians and mantid are off-shoots of the Quiraji, so i would asume that the Quiraji was the strongest during their prime, no?
    Mantids are an off-shoot of the Qiraji, who evolved from the Aqir.

The Aqir were the first insectoid race. They served the Old Gods during the Black Empire. When the Titan forces destroyed it, the Aqir formed their own empire. They waged war against the Trolls, who united against them and vanquished them. The Aqir Empire was split in two. The northern remnant became the Nerubians and the southern remnant became the Qiraji. Later, another faction split from the Qiraji and migrated south-east where they felt the energies of what remained of Y'shaarj. They became the Mantids.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"