7+ Year Old Account

Socket or leech, which is better for MW?

13 characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a serious question?

With leech you only heal yourself more. Socket helps at everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    It may seem strange but the answer, in most cases, is: Leech

A 735 chest give you 254 leech --> 254*0.87 --> 221pt
    A socket in any slot give u 75 multi --> 75*1.32 --> 99pt

free double value.

But the answer can be different with smaller gear/slot.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sylar9210 View Post
    It may seem strange but the answer, in most cases, is: Leech

A 735 chest give you 254 leech --> 254*0.87 --> 221pt
    A socket in any slot give u 75 multi --> 75*1.32 --> 99pt

free double value.

But the answer can be different with smaller gear/slot.
    What stat weights are you using? I can't imagine leech that only heals you would be more valuable to a healer than stats that help you heal others.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    What stat weights are you using? I can't imagine leech that only heals you would be more valuable to a healer than stats that help you heal others.
    keeping myself alive is #1 priority. faster I can heal myself faster I can get back to healing others. look deeper man
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted
    This, The Geodew's original post on stat weights.

Seems strange but you just need 70pt for 1% extra healing, this give to leech a good weight (comparable to crit or vers).
    But the big difference is the value (180~250) triple compared to 75gems..
    Last edited by mmoc136533a211; 2016-06-04 at 08:39 PM.

A healer's goal is to keep the raid alive. If you top yourself off faster, then healers will target other players with Chain Heal, Rejuv, WoG, etc. The main concern is overheal, not the target restriction really (although the overheal stems from the target restriction), and although Leech has massive overheal and is unreliable, enough of it can still be worth taking over a much, much smaller overall throughput gain.

tl;dr use stat weights

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sylar9210 View Post
    This, The Geodew's original post on stat weights.

Seems strange but you just need 70pt for 1% extra healing, this give to leech a good weight (comparable to crit or vers).
    But the big difference is the value (180~250) triple compared to 75gems..
    Right, so you're talking +3.57% healing to self-only (for 250 Leech) just from one Leech item vs. 1.14% MS yielding +0.68% healing and +1.14% Jade Mist proc chance, which is worth about +0.21% healing for a total of +0.89% healing overall. So Leech is doing 4.01x as much HPS, but to self-only. The large difference in raw HPS is what can make Leech better than a socket (again, depending on how much; this example was for a chest piece -- use stat weights).
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

This is a very good point, I'll keep this in mind.

It also depends if you use your off spec (or as mw) to solo old content. Leech makes everything cata and under a cakewalk with the damage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Felancelan View Post
    It also depends if you use your off spec (or as mw) to solo old content. Leech makes everything cata and under a cakewalk with the damage increase.
    I mean, to be honest everything cata and under is a cakewalk anyway. And this is coming from someone who soloed DS 25 heroic on all 11 classes each week (with old 670 PvP gear) for a few months to get that god damn mount. But leech does make it both a cakewalk and braindead, versus having to be a tiny bit careful on certain things with certain classes.