Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Razer Naga lifespan?

I've had 2 razer naga's so far (bought them both brand new) the first one only lasted just over a year before it died. Now my second one is about to die (keeps losing mouse movement while using it, like the last one..so I can tell it's dieing)..and I've only had it for about a year if not less. Is this normal? 60+ bucks for a mouse seems pretty hefty for only a years use. I have 2 battery-run mouses that have lasted for 5+ years or more....what gives..

Razer is known for shitty build quality, why did you buy it again?

ironically, it just died right after I posted this..

I bought a Razer Naga once, it broke too soon for my liking so I never bought one again. Razer are notoriously shit and every PC gamer must go through the Razer trial. It's like a rite of passage to learn that Razer is shit.

Then I bought a Logitech G600, turns out it has a very notorious problem with it's left mouse button which eventually plagued mine. Now my palm is resting upon a Roccat Nyth and I'm liking it so far.

Deleted
    Yeah, I had 2 as well. Both usually went to shit after about 1 to 1 1/2 year.

But don't worry - you wont need extra buttons with Legion. Oooooh. - Sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    i wasn't aware they were known for being bad quality. do you have another mouse recommendation?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Because is still the one mouse with 12 mechanical butons on side
    Isual lifespawn is around 3 years may get even more but will need cleaning
    My one is2 years old and works fine (2014 edition)

3 years and counting

had my 2014 naga a week after it released. still got my original naga, that i take on trips. i guess, it all boils down to how well you take care of your things...

it's not like i throw it against a wall or leave it in the sun..how exactly do you take care of a mouse outside of removing gunk build-up on the buttons?

Was it the wired Naga Chroma version that broke?
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Be honest, did you ever clean them? Nagas attract dirt very easy, especially the ones prior to the 2014 model. If it gets underneath, it's almost certain to cause damage.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Loads of mice have 12 buttons on the side now...

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Was it the wired Naga Chroma version that broke?
    wired? well it's not cordless if that's what you mean. and no i never cleaned the inside..there's no way to open it up so how in the world would i do that?

well since i'm going to need a new mouse. i'm probably going to had over to best buy..anyone have a suggestion for a gamer mouse other than these craptastic quality nagas?

10+ Year Old Account
    gone through 4 or 5 nagas lost count but they break extremely easily.

Made by dubbelbasse

Had mine for over three years now (Launch of 5.2) and still going strong with no issues whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is a lot of mice with similar design to the naga and much better build quality

They're pretty fragile tbh. Here we had 6 or so. They last 1-2 years generally. I had tried to switch to LG g500, but that one gave me wrist problems within 4 months and since then I get frequent finger paralysis in my last 2 fingers. It decreased a bit since I swiched back to razer naga, but still the problem seems permanent kinda, should see a doctor..anywayz..

The usual problem for nagas is not outright dying tho. The only one that actually stopped moving/died for real on me we had dropped on the floor. Generally they'll start double clicking, and there's actually softwares out there to minimize the problem. It's also possible to physically fix it, but I was too lazy to open it. Cable fatigue could also be an issue, but I never experienced it as my cables don't move much.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    well since i'm going to need a new mouse. i'm probably going to had over to best buy..anyone have a suggestion for a gamer mouse other than these craptastic quality nagas?
    Logitech G600 is my choice. I went through a couple Nagas, the left button was the main thing that wore out for me, sometimes within months. The G600 lasts much longer though I have had the same problem with the left click wearing out, Best Buy extended warranty is great for that. It also is better than a Naga for the Ctrl button for the ring finger doubling the number of potential buttons on the mouse without using your left hand.

As mentioned above, not that you need all those extra buttons in Legion