10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faier View Post
    Only if you remove the "d" it would sound like that (writing is different). If that was really the problem, why not change the "a" from "kha" to an "é"? It would then sound like it is pronounced in English. And why add an extra g?
    Faier, you are from Brazil or Portugal? Here in Brazil they tried to make the Full Localization of World of Warcraft, the movie took the same words they use for WoW.
    Cities were translated, even Stormrage was translated, in a not good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Let's just say they fit better into the scenes environment, doesn't sound like a recording booth in the movie.
    A few lines were a bit hard to understand though (from my experience).

- - - Updated - - -

Brazil. I'm aware of the localization, they also use the translated names in the books. That's why I didn't buy the movie's book yet. Couldn't stand all those translated names, will pick up an EN digital copy.

When they added the PT version for, I continued to play in the EN language. I always go for the original when I can.
    Some of the translations are fine and cool, but others are just bad or unnecessary.

I don't play WoW anymore, just somewhat follow the lore and play Heroes. My Warcraft books are all in EN. Do you know if Khadgar is also translated to Hadggar in WoW PT?

Deleted
    To the people that mentioned that the dialogs are terrible, cringe-worthy or whatnot. I would love to see examples of what they thought was bad, after seeing the movie the second time actually looking for these moments, I still didn't find it to be the case at all. (plz mention if you watch a dubbed or original version)

There were 2 moments that I felt a little embarrassing. But not that bad. First is when Lothar says ["for my son"]. And it isn't the line that is bad (I would totally say that if I was him and it connects with what Doomhammer says a minute after), it's more how Travis said the line and how he seemed a bit lost, as if he didn't know were to look.

The second moment is when Lothar and the crowd screams For Azeroth! For Azeroth and the Alliance! I imagine it must've been annoying for Horde players to get that shout out in their face right as the movie ends. The whole scene is good, from Taria's speech to Khadgar giving Lothar the sword, up until the first "For Azeroth!", but when he repeats it again and adds "the Alliance" and the crowd (that kinda really doesn't exist yet), it felt unnecessary and a bit embarrassing.

But these were 2 very minor things that didn't really compromise the experience for me. Not nearly as close as how I felt while watching The Jungle Book. When everyone starts to sing the wolf song at the end, I wanted to hide, to run. I was so embarrassed. That was on of the most cringe-worthy scenes I've even saw in the movies.
    The only cringy part, for me, was when Llane asked Garona for a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctim View Post
    Saw the movie today and went to the cinema with zero expectation.

I was very surprised that the film turned out pretty solid. Even a lot of my friends were quite hyped after the movie and they didn't even know warcraft until now. And even the mediocre looking visual effects from the trailer were actually very pleasant for the eyes in 3D.

The two things I (we) missed was the explanation, why dreanor wasn't inhabitable anymore and that the soundtrack was a little bit generic.
    Because use of Fel fucked the earth. Kills all life.

Do you know if Khadgar is also translated to Hadggar in WoW PT?
    http://pt.wowhead.com/npc=83823/arquimago-hadggar

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    Because use of Fel fucked the earth. Kills all life.
    Well, that should be explained at the time, not somewhere in the middle.

I read some reviews and critics keep to call green and brown Orcs "different races", because that part is not explained sufficiently too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I read some reviews and critics keep to call green and brown Orcs "different races", because that part is not explained sufficiently too.
    I haven't even watched the movie and can recall from memory the scene where Gul'Dan turns Thrall green using fel magic. I.e., these reviewers you are referring to are either being intentionally stupid or were playing on their phones instead of watching the movie.

Deleted
    Well, that should be explained at the time, not somewhere in the middle.

It was explained... in a cut scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few lines were a bit hard to understand though (from my experience).

- - - Updated - - -

Brazil. I'm aware of the localization, they also use the translated names in the books. That's why I didn't buy the movie's book yet. Couldn't stand all those translated names, will pick up an EN digital copy.

When they added the PT version for, I continued to play in the EN language. I always go for the original when I can.
    Some of the translations are fine and cool, but others are just bad or unnecessary.

I don't play WoW anymore, just somewhat follow the lore and play Heroes. My Warcraft books are all in EN. Do you know if Khadgar is also translated to Hadggar in WoW PT?
    I'm still playing WoW, and playing in EN aswell, didn't like the translation at all. If i'm not mistaken it's translated to Hadggar.
    As Tackhisis posted, it is indeed.
    Last edited by Draedarr; 2016-06-05 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    I like this new TV spot. Really makes the film look great.

"INSANELY COOL" lmao

But then you would also need to discount all the moments you didn't like, or didn't like as much because as a fan you expected something else.
    In the end, it's a wild guess, and not very helpful.
    Well, I have no expectations "as a fan". On the end of the day, I want to see a good movie.

Not only he has little visual resemblance to games/books version (an issue also with Khadgar), but the way he acts, moves and talks, felt really off to me (not a problem for Khadgar). He was relaxed, funny, and emotionally restrained. While the Lothar I have in my mind is serious, worried, and emotional guy. Maybe these weren't the best adjectives to describe what I wanted to say.
    Lothar is an oldie in the books, in the movie he's around his 40s. I think is only normal that "their" personalities would differ.

I mean, even the Lothar of the books has a degree of sense of humor, just not as quirky compared to "movie Lothar".

["for my son"]The second moment is when Lothar and the crowd screams For Azeroth! For Azeroth and the Alliance! I imagine it must've been annoying for Horde players to get that shout out in their face right as the movie ends.
    Oh, come on. It's a movie, not WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Was that specifically stated in the film? I don't remember at this point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Well Medivh says something about Fel being dangerous and stuff, killing life. During the orc ambush, Medivh drains the Fel out of the green orcs, which Durotan comments about saying its because of the Fel. And Durotan and Orgrim is later seen talking together about, where Gul'dan works his magic, the land dies. And we know Gul'dan is using the Fel.

So whether or not its literally explained, the audience should put 2 and 2 together XD

Deleted
    Tackhisis do u work at rot tomatoes??? You are one angry person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    So whether or not its literally explained, the audience should put 2 and 2 together XD
    Yes, I love how we've all been acting for god knows how long as if idiots are watching the movie.

Plus, an army moving world to world because they can no longer live on the old one is a recurrent motif that is very common and with it usually comes the element that the very army itself or something they use are the very reason their world died.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2016-06-05 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks!

In the beginning Durotan narration refers to the times before the fel.

Later in the movie, in a conversation with Doomhammer, he mentions how it is good to see trees and snow again, that their world was destroyed just as Gul'dan raised in power and used the fel, then he compares the Azeroth land with and without the fel (you see his PoV).

Gul'dan turns both Go'el and Blackhand green with the fel. And offers the fel to Doomhammer (brown), who refuses.

In the first confront in Elwynn Forest, Medivh destroys all green orcs (man, that scene!!), and the brown orcs are untouched. Dutotan mentions "the fel". (Somehow Garona isn't affected?? Maybe Medivh spared his daughter, haha)

It could be more explicit, specially in the beginning. I'm not sure, maybe people should try to use their brains more.

My opinion is that the the script is very good, well tied up. Everything you need to know is there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    And Durotan and Orgrim is later seen talking together about, where Gul'dan works his magic, the land dies. And we know Gul'dan is using the Fel.
    Durotan directly accuses Gul'dan of being the responsible, by putting clues together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Yes, I love how we've all been acting for god knows how long as if idiots are watching the movie.
    Well, we definitely don't lack idiots doing that.

It could be more explicit, specially in the beginning.
    A bit of mystery never hurt anyone.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    A bit of mystery never hurt anyone.
    If every movie had to stop and explain every little thing... we would have a shit ton of long movies, with awful dialogue!

Like the origin of Fel isn't explained, which good. It doesn't have to be explained!

When Orgrim and Durotan talk, Durotan says that wherever Gul'dan practices his magic, land dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    If every movie had to stop and explain every little thing... we would have a shit ton of long movies, with awful dialogue!

Like the origin of Fel isn't explained, which good. It doesn't have to be explained!
    Not only that. Certain "revelations" are bound to be revealed when the plot demands it, leaving the audience wondering about things. You don't have to shoot every bit of information at the beginning, which is not only absolutely impractical but fundamentally idiotic.

As the guy suggested, people should just use their brains and fucking focus on what they're actually watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we definitely don't lack idiots doing that.
    I don't think the average person watching the movie is idiotic enough to not be able to connect dots when it comes to Draenor, the fel and Gul'Dan.

Deleted
    Not only that. Certain "revelations" are bound to be revealed when the plot demands it, leaving the audience wondering about things. You don't have to shoot every bit of information at the beginning, which is not only absolutely impractical but fundamentally idiotic.

As the guy suggested, people should just use their brains and fucking focus on what they're actually watching.
    Definitely. The hints are there and its way clearer on a rewatch. It's full of these things that you make sense when you rewatch it and focus on the details.