Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can we just make a "raid resiliance" stat that only applies when you're doing raid content? Cap the actual stats on the items at like heroic 5-man levels and tune the resil stat to be damage/healing/mitigation only in a raid setting. This could potentially get people to shut the hell up about gear...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Success.

Reasoning: Blizzard would've removed it if it was a failure.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

Garrisons and the Order Hall completely disprove that statement

Success.

Yep this 100%.

If something is a Success blizzard keeps it. The WOD LFR model clearly wasn't and that's why tier has returned to LFR. LFR itself is a Success because if it wasn't it would be removed in legion.

In the end I think blizzard knows how to handle WoW better then the players. So ether like it or leave it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummmmm no it isn't.

You haven't proved anything, you just posted a link showing sub loss and the sub loss happen before LFR soooo.

- - - Updated - - -

@Plastkin What he ^ said
    I do think it stands to reason as I said in a earlier post that lfr and to a lesser extent lfd marked a shift in target audience for the game. Before those modes were created progression happened slowly and steadily for each player. The questing player had normal mode to work on. The normal mode player had dungeon sets to collect and so on. There was always another rung of the ladder to climb it was targeted towards progression minded players.

Post Lfr and lfd this focus shifted. Rather then making the game a slow climb where players progressed at their own set rate gear was added in that allowed everyone to skip ahead of content quite easily. This had the benefit of closing the power gap between players slightly (for a time) but had the game take what most see as a downwards turn by in essence removing progression for roughly 90% of players (Content you can que into is designed so you can't lose). This change moved the target audience from progression players to much more... for a lack of better word casual players.

How well lfr and lfd went over really comes down to what camp you are a part of. If you like challenging content and slowly improving your gear the old system of vanilla and tbc will appeal to you.

If you enjoy instant rewards with minimal effort the later will please you more.

If you are part of the top tier players you will simply grumble a bit while afking through lfr. Sure its boring and a waste of time but fuck it. It is another chance at tier and you were gonna be a raid or die player anyways.

Here's some ways to fix LFR and stop the constant loss of quality customers.

1. Need to institute some type of voting system, a la OpenRaid, so that the queue matcher stops putting the poorly graded folks with the hard working folks.
    2. Separate the Latin American server queues from the North American ones. If you've been in LFR or random heroics, you'll understand why.
    3. Prevent a boss pull until all people are in the room. Stop enabling the trolls who attack as soon as they are in range of the boss.
    4. A huge problem is in the attitude of the kids that play. "Oh, it's LFR, I can just face roll" or "YOLO!". Put them on their own servers and queues so the adults have enjoy the game the way it was designed to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Garrisons and the Order Hall completely disprove that statement
    Garrisons isn't going to be in Legion and Order Hall works different.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Success.

We are getting garrisons and rune of power again..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Fable View Post
    If you enjoy instant rewards with minimal effort the later will please you more.

If you are part of the top tier players you will simply grumble a bit while afking through lfr. Sure its boring and a waste of time but fuck it. It is another chance at tier and you were gonna be a raid or die player anyways.
    Agreed....

Garrisons isn't going to be in Legion and Order Hall works different.
    On beta they are the same thing but more tedious since you have to replace troops constantly with them and you need to cycle through to get the raid gear quest. It is the same thing just with new paint and more time sinks.

We are getting garrisons and rune of power again..
    We are getting what some can call Garrisons 2.0 Meaning they have changed it.

Things can clearly make a return if they think its worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

On beta they are the same thing but more tedious since you have to replace troops constantly with them and you need to cycle through to get the raid gear quest. It is the same thing just with new paint and more time sinks.
    Right its 2.0.

2.0 Isn't the same as 1.0

They are known to keep playing with a idea.

10+ Year Old Account

They are just as bad at best and worse in many cases. Blizzard doesn't like to admit mistakes. Garrisons sucked and shouldn't be in the game in Legion in any form at all. Just watch some Youtube videos about them if you aren't in Beta. Order Halls suck just as much.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Right its 2.0.

AOL 2.0 Is completely different from AOL 1.0!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    The only people that I see justifying LFR as a success are those that have never really raided before. If you've even put any decent amount of time into researching your class, trying to get better, and then you go into LFR and see what it is (a disgrace), how does that make you feel?
    I progression raided all of TBC up to and including BT, and was also a reasonably well known and respected healer for Heroics on my server in the same period. Haven't really raided systematically since a period of low intensity 'fun guild runs' during WotLK though.

I like to improve my gameplay in addition to trying to optimize my character and UI, and I have spent a lot of time researching my specs, gear and more.

I also happen to like LFR.

For raids I either want to do the higher difficulties together with people I know and trust, -or- I want the game to set the boundaries (personal loot, queue, etc.) Organized raiding isn't currently an option for me for personal reasons, though I did try to do some group finder Normal mode runs early on in WoD. These runs were invariably a mess, compared to LFR(!).

For me its a failure, just bring back the effort you had to do when finding a group

They are just as bad at best and worse in many cases. Blizzard doesn't like to admit mistakes. Garrisons sucked and shouldn't be in the game in Legion in any form at all. Just watch some Youtube videos about them if you aren't in Beta. Order Halls suck just as much.

- - - Updated - - -

AOL 2.0 Is completely different from AOL 1.0!
    I am in the beta and personally I liked 1.0 I haven't messed with 2.0 but if it gives me more to do then great.

Deleted
    Failuer, lfr imo dosent really show what raiding is about

- - - Updated - - -

Right its 2.0.

Right but it functions in a identical way and gives identical rewards... The only notable changes is now most of your followers are called troops and die constantly so you have to keep queing them up to be rebuilt. Isn't really a change save it is more of a pain now.

Deleted
    Failure, it's one of the features that killed the "quest for power" in WoW, i.e. ruined the game.

Success.

Are you for real?

In the end I think blizzard knows how to handle WoW better then the players. So ether like it or leave it.
    Their sub numbers says something different. And i'm curious, did you play in vanilla-wotlk?
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2016-06-05 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in the beta and personally I liked 1.0 I haven't messed with 2.0 but if it gives me more to do then great.
    Holy shit. You liked Garrisons? I guess that proves the old "You can't account for taste" I mean you like LFR and I'd rather not play the game at all then be forced to suffer the clusterfuck of idiocy that is a typical LFR run. Watching morons fail mechanics without any repercussion is not my style.

Holy shit. You liked Garrisons? I guess that proves the old "You can't account for taste" I mean you like LFR and I'd rather not play the game at all then be forced to suffer the clusterfuck of idiocy that is a typical LFR run. Watching morons fail mechanics without any repercussion is not my style.
    Its almost like different people like different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    --snip--
    So in other words you play WoW to stroke ur ego...

Hate to break it to you but no one gives a fuck if ur in full BIS Mythic gear. Also who decides what is considered significant effort.

If its based on playtime then I should be so powerful I can bitch slap a titan since I can clock in over 12hrs a day 7days a week.