Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Obama had no proof Obamacare would work. He sold everyone on Hope and Change. HOPE! HOPE!!!!! We are supposed to HOPE Obamacare works! And it failed!

But now when a republican is a serious challenger, NOW we demand proof??????? Now we suddenly demand extensive proof that his plans are airtight. There is no room for HOPING Trump's plans work. Huh.
    Obama at least provided a few specifics. I'm sure you missed them, but his plans were more laid out than just HOPE and CHANGE despite those being his campaign slogans. When asked for specifics on his programs, Trump just waves his hands and tells everyone it's gonna be great.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You and I both know that Trump has no interest in helping the working middle class. You only need to look at his past businesses to know that not only does he not give two shits about them, he's actually one of the ones who helped significantly contribute to their situation in the first place. He's shipped jobs overseas and used illegal labor. He's bankrupted several businesses, screwing over his workers and utilizing a golden parachute for himself. He's been against unions and worker rights.

There was a candidate up that represented the interests of the working middle class. But they called him a communist. You and I both know what Trump is, and you and I both know what will help the middle working class. The problem is THEY don't know what Trump is nor what the working class needs, or if they do, they're in full on denial mode.

These people respond to hollow platitudes, xenophobic ranting, insulting other candidates/people, and short sentences with small words. People see Trump supporters and think that this country has become Idiocracy, and for good reason. When you calmly try to work with them and point out facts they get confused and angry and just start calling you a communist.
    You and I both know Hillary does not either have such an interest. To be honest I do not know Trumps intention. His is unknowable mainly because he is not predictable.

And point of fact the main ones calling Bernie a Communist, are *GASP* Democrats like Diane Feinstein. Republicans do that to everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obama at least provided a few specifics. I'm sure you missed them, but his plans were more laid out than just HOPE and CHANGE despite those being his campaign slogans. When asked for specifics on his programs, Trump just waves his hands and tells everyone it's gonna be great.
    He has provided specifics. Have you went to his web page? Or maybe missed some of his interviews where he has?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    You and I both know Hillary does not either have such an interest. To be honest I do not know Trumps intention. His is unknowable mainly because he is not predictable.

And point of fact the main ones calling Bernie a Communist, are *GASP* Democrats like Diane Feinstein. Republicans do that to everyone.
    I have no delusions about Hillary, she'd be more of the same, which to be honest is not terrible, but not great either. I'd ride it out and let our social laws remain in tact until another Bernie or similar comes along.

I'd rather do that than hand the presidency over to a madman who would serve as the commander of our military and our primary diplomat. Trump has the diplomacy of a rabid German shepherd.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Do you actually think telling people they're stupid is likely to be a compelling argument for the people in question? This seems really unlikely. A much more likely outcome is that this sort of "you think what you do because you're stupid" style argument is one driving factor in the backlash that's propelled Trump into being a viable candidate.
    I mean, if someone points out what you are doing is stupid(and really is stupid), and your reaction is to continue doing stupid things to spite them, that speaks a lot about your character.

But sure, you can blame that someone who gave good advice instead of yourself for choosing poorly like the rest of the republicans do on a daily basis.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

7+ Year Old Account
    I have no delusions about Hillary, she'd be more of the same, which to be honest is not terrible, but not great either. I'd ride it out and let our social laws remain in tact until another Bernie or similar comes along.

I'd rather do that than hand the presidency over to a madman who would serve as the commander of our military and our primary diplomat. Trump has the diplomacy of a rabid German shepherd.
    It is not terrible for some. I mean, for me things as they are are absolutely great. I mean, thanks to a lucky birth and winning the birth lottery I am well off. So I need not worry, Hillary will absolutely represent "my interests." She will make my life even more delicious, even if its at the expense of about 80% if the country who've pretty much been in a recession for 15 years.

For desperate people, playing the wild card seems a better shot. With Hillary you know your fucked. With Trump? Who the fuck knows.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

(Source)

Hillary is not as trusted as Trump by the public on issues of.... Economics OR National Security. Hillary may be a much weaker candidate than originally thought.

Well, this is a sticky wicket.
    I don't think she's going to make it into the White House.

I feel like I'm living in a bizarro universe.

With Trump? Who the fuck knows.
    If you truly don't know, it's pretty sad.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I don't think she's going to make it into the White House.

I feel like I'm living in a bizarro universe.
    Hillary is deeply flawed and considering her tendency to be unable to reverse poll trends, I suspect she will be defeated by Trump.

There are a million things she could do, but none of them are likely for her to do.

And don't get me wrong here, I am not opining for a Trump presidency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    If you truly don't know, it's pretty sad.
    He is wild and unpredictable, it could be the Mad Max Apocalypse, it could be nothing? Who knows what he will really do.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, if someone points out what you are doing is stupid(and really is stupid), and your reaction is to continue doing stupid things to spite them, that speaks a lot about your character.

But sure, you can blame that someone who gave good advice instead of yourself for choosing poorly like the rest of the republicans do on a daily basis.
    If you offer them only suicide as an alternative, what choice did they have other than the very stupid and dangerous option?

Trump may have business experience, but I doubt he can deal with the problems with our economy effectively. His strategy for any business he's ever had that's been in anything close to the state of the US economy has been to declare bankruptcy and walk away.

And his experience with economics is about the only thing he brings to the table.

He is wild and unpredictable, it could be the Mad Max Apocalypse, it could be nothing? Who knows what he will really do.
    If anything, he's really extremely predictable.

He's the kind of person that consistently makes bad decisions even through precedence and experience, and you only need to have a cursory look through his life history to know this.

He also has absolutely no EQ, and as a person slated to hold the nuclear codes, this won't end well regardless.

Hillary is deeply flawed and considering her tendency to be unable to reverse poll trends, I suspect she will be defeated by Trump.

There are a million things she could do, but none of them are likely for her to do.

And don't get me wrong here, I am not opining for a Trump presidency.
    Honestly I think Sanders should just run third party at this point. I don't see Clinton winning and if she keeps on sucking in the polls then voters might reconsider Sanders as a viable candidate.

Pipe dream but really, I don't see her getting in the White House. Maybe Warren in 2020...I would say that I would be amazed if Trump lasts two terms in office but considering my amazement that people are voting for him at all, I suppose that does not count for much.

Quote Originally Posted by chipwood View Post
    Trump may have business experience, but I doubt he can deal with the problems with our economy effectively. His strategy for any business he's ever had that's been in anything close to the state of the US economy has been to declare bankruptcy and walk away.

And his experience with economics is about the only thing he brings to the table.
    Business experience with bankrupting, so if that is any indicator, he might actually bankrupt the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I think Sanders should just run third party at this point. I don't see Clinton winning and if she keeps on sucking in the polls then voters might reconsider Sanders as a viable candidate.

Pipe dream but really, I don't see her getting in the White House. Maybe Warren in 2020...I would say that I would be amazed if Trump lasts two terms in office but considering my amazement that people are voting for him at all, I suppose that does not count for much.
    Not voters, but the establishment ironically, since Sanders won't third party if he wants to keep his reputation as an honest politician, whatever that means anyway.

7+ Year Old Account

At this point, more so than any other a Sanders Independent presidential run would actually be somewhat viable, even successful. Without the confines of the DNC,

Between Trump, Clinton, ect, Sanders would for once be the not-Evil choice in an election.

If you offer them only suicide as an alternative, what choice did they have other than the very stupid and dangerous option?
    So the alternative to voting for Trump is to...suicide?

Really now.

7+ Year Old Account
    If anything, he's really extremely predictable.

He's the kind of person that consistently makes bad decisions even through precedence and experience, and you only need to have a cursory look through his life history to know this.

He also has absolutely no EQ, and as a person slated to hold the nuclear codes, this won't end well regardless.
    Hillary makes malicious and bad decisions, and does so completely by design. They just happened to be personally profitable for her.

Deleted
    Polls are useless and never right, Hillary will win quite convincingly of Trump after the debates start.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    He has apparently been apt at convincing idiots he will be good at many things. The above poll says Trump is more favorable in tax and deficit reduction categories... Despite every expert on the subject pointing out that his tax plan cuts trillions in federal revenue over the next several years whilst simultaneously promising no reduction in the largest areas of spending in the US budget (Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Defense). And he is rated higher in economy despite, once again, almost all experts agreeing that his promised antagonistic attitude toward our top trading partners and incoming trade war would most likely result in another global recession.

Really shows you how stupid the average American is.
    Who says medicare would exist anymore? Better off just giving people a credit to buy private insurance.

Hillary makes malicious and bad decisions, and does so completely by design. They just happened to be personally profitable for her.
    Citation required. And no, the benghazi conspiracy fiasco doesn't count.

Business experience with bankrupting, so if that is any indicator, he might actually bankrupt the US.
    I hope nobody here sees that as a good thing.