Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    A zone with no gear rewards is automatic failure
    Actually Suramar quest rewards start at 810 (higher than normal) and go up to 825 (5man heroic) for later quests so no complaints there.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    2 dungeons oh no WHAT WILL WE DO DEAR GOD.oh wait you mean I can unlock those 2 dungeons by playing solo and will take little effort other than an investment in time??? You mean I must work towards a goal? Wait you mean I play content and my reward is more content? Nah I'd rather be rewarded with meaningless gear and unsubbed asap I mean we all know WoW is cyclical anyways.
    Childish tantrum aside, my main annoyance is that it blocks your class campaign progress as you need Court of stars.

Also grinding white mobs for mana takes no effort whatsoever, just time. Hell you can go to some areas with super fast respawn and just throw dots around while friendly NPCs/other players kill everything. Such effort. Boring as fuck but efficient.
    Last edited by Goshko; 2016-06-06 at 07:23 AM.

2 dungeons oh no WHAT WILL WE DO DEAR GOD.oh wait you mean I can unlock those 2 dungeons by playing solo and will take little effort other than an investment in time??? You mean I must work towards a goal? Wait you mean I play content and my reward is more content? Nah I'd rather be rewarded with meaningless gear and unsubbed asap I mean we all know WoW is cyclical anyways.
    Keep talking out your ass.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Keep talking out your ass.
    No reply I see. While I used sarcasm heavily I stand by my points. Content rewarding different content or "gating" as you call it can be a fulfilling reward.

No reply I see. While I used sarcasm heavily I stand by my points. Content rewarding different content or "gating" as you call it can be a fulfilling reward.
    Its a gate and backwards thinking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I heard somewhere that in a recent build they added a ton of gating mechanics to block off content in suramar. Including blocking off the 2 dungeons behind a rep grind. They also apparently made it more like tanaan jungle. I absolutely despise Tanaan. Please don't tell me they removed some of the quests making the zone shorter either. I was so hyped about an endgame zone that can't be done in 3 hrs. Does anyone with beta access know what changes were made to Suramar? I was really really looking forward to it after seeing videos praising it.
    Quests are still there.Yes main story line is blocked by reputation but in last build mana gains became much more easy and there is alot more world quests.And that bug with the Astromancer buff now ...
    Teritory is mixed between Thanaan and Icle of Thunder what laks only is these daily Rares

Its a gate and backwards thinking.
    You don't like it but I do and I'm also a paying customer. I like the idea of a long fulfilling journey for my main character that takes time. I have 16 100s and one of them is 739 but none of it feels fulfilling. I think this change will be good for the game

Someone brought up in the official forums.
    This is another alt unfriendly thing

IMHO, Legion in general is alt unfriendly expansion.

Not saying it's bad though...

Who cares??? Why does everything have to be fucking alt friendly. It diminishes the accomplishments of your main character.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You sure about that? In WoD flying unlocked a few previously unreachable areas, same may be true in Legion.
    Well if 3 toy dropping mobs, 3 pet dropping mobs and a booterang guy (and some GR in the mix) are considered content....

Deleted
    Blizz have said it wont be the easiest expansion to keep on top of Alt's for one.

As for gating, nothing wrong with it - Keep more than half the people entertained for a while grinding that mana. Need to ask yourselves do you want content at end game for the 1st tier or not? Think it's a brilliant zone to be honest. As for gear - you can get procs on the world quest gear, atleast 860 titanforged ive seen looted from there, not me personally, but I have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    Actually Suramar quest rewards start at 810 (higher than normal) and go up to 825 (5man heroic) for later quests so no complaints there.
    \
    So it is relevant like, the first day after dinging 110
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I'm pretty sure that if the "omg I don't want gated content; I want to progress at my own pace" folks are getting what they want, we get an expansion 100% like WoD.
    WoD had extremely well designed aesthetics, but the reward structure sucked big time - you know why? Because everything was available the moment you hit level 100.
    We didn't do the lvl100 areas for gear, because we had it at different sources.

I think the longevity of the game needs to have gated content, it needs to have goals you can accomplish. And no, these goals should NOT be gear only.

I agree with above. People are just way too entitled now. The "alt unfriendly crowd" are going to shit their pants and cry.

Deleted
    Not at all - all other 4 zones offer the same varied quests and rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    blocking dungeons behind Rep? thats gotta be a first, no?
    Hi

If you have a group you can grind heroics with or are extremely lucky with WQ drops, yes. Otherwise not so much. BTW the first hc drop I got was replaced the same day with a Suramar quest reward that randomly upgraded to epic

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondwhite View Post
    Not at all - all other 4 zones offer the same varied quests and rewards.
    Actually no, the other zones doesn't go up to 800. Even if you are 110 when you do them.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if the "omg I don't want gated content; I want to progress at my own pace" folks are getting what they want, we get an expansion 100% like WoD.
    WoD had extremely well designed aesthetics, but the reward structure sucked big time - you know why? Because everything was available the moment you hit level 100.
    We didn't do the lvl100 areas for gear, because we had it at different sources.

I think the longevity of the game needs to have gated content, it needs to have goals you can accomplish. And no, these goals should NOT be gear only.
    This! /10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    If you have a group you can grind heroics with or are extremely lucky with WQ drops, yes. Otherwise not so much. BTW the first hc drop I got was replaced the same day with a Suramar quest reward that randomly upgraded to epic

Actually no, the other zones doesn't go up to 800. Even if you are 110 when you do them.
    I have had a 850 item from WQ from a demon 100% bar quest from illidari stand in Azhuna, the BOE trinket from like 2-3 days ago. The AH become flooded with them

In fairness nothing is going to alt friendly compared to world of garrisoncraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."