Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroics to raiding

No more legendary questlines or artifact weapons, no more side crap like garrisons, shipyards, or class order halls. Just go back to jumping into heroics, getting the right ilvl to jump into raids, and then raiding.

I am so tired of having to repeatedly do multiple difficulties of the same raid over and over again just to finish a questline or get gear so I can FINALLY do the same raid on the highest difficulty. It burns me out so much that I just don't even want to bother anymore. It also completely punishes people who ever quit and want to then return to the game, but are met with an awful catch up instead of jumping into content more quickly.

I love raiding and it's still very much fun, but the process of getting there is absolutely terrible and boring right now and I'm not surprised a lot of people are just like "why bother" instead. If it's not better in Legion, which judging by what I've seen isn't looking good, I think this is it for me. There are seriously grindy Korean MMOs out there with a less time consuming and less boring process to step into end game at this point.
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2016-06-06 at 07:20 AM.

Deleted
    It was never mandotory to go Normal > Heroic.

You could go clear Heroic with HC gear, as did we.

Gear is a leverage. If you are not good enough, you will need bigger leverage.

If your crutch to your argument is that it's too time consuming, perhaps investing in optimization would solve your issues.

Lest you are saying you are not that dedicated of a Raider, to which i say, why are you complaining?
    Last edited by mmoc411114546c; 2016-06-06 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    It was never mandotory to go Normal > Heroic.

You could go clear Heroic with HC gear, as did we.

Gear is a leverage. If you are not good enough, you will need bigger leverage.

If your crutch to your argument is that it's too time consuming, perhaps investing in optimization would solve your issues.

Lest you are saying you are not that dedicated of a Raider, to which i say, why are you complaining?
    I'm talking about the legendary questline, and now artifact weapons. I don't want to have to do the same raid a million times on an easier difficulty (LFR) just to be able to finally do that same raid on a higher difficulty. I want to go heroic dungeons to raiding like it was done in the past. I was much less burnt out on raiding back then because I wasn't spending all of my time in the same raid on multiple difficulties.
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2016-06-06 at 07:29 AM.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like you want to be a raider without having to deal with the grindiness of it.
    I think that's okay if you can find a team or guild that will feed you the gear you need to play with em.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    I'm talking about the legendary questline, and now artifact weapons.
    Which, again, comes down to how much of a leverage you need.

Mythics are not tuned around having maxed out all your things.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    It sounds like you want to be a raider without having to deal with the grindiness of it.
    I think that's okay if you can find a team or guild that will feed you the gear you need to play with em.
    I don't care about the grindiness, I've raided mythic (and heroic when it was the highest difficulty) in the past and I didn't mind it at all. What I do mind is if I ever leave the game and decide to come back, I'm pigeon holed into doing LFR to get caught up on the stupid legendary questline until I can finally be up to par to join a raid guild. It becomes so boring and burns me out to log in and see nothing but my garrison and the same raid on the easiest difficulty, and then maybe if I finally get my legendary, oh boy I can do that same raid I've already seen a million times on the highest difficulty. No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking about the legendary questline, and now artifact weapons. I don't want to have to do the same raid a million times on an easier difficulty (LFR) just to be able to finally do that same raid on a higher difficulty. I want to go heroic dungeons to raiding like it was done in the past. I was much less burnt out on raiding back then because I wasn't spending all of my time in the same raid on multiple difficulties.
    You can, just like you could in BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP and WoD.
    If you're relying on LFR that much just to get to the next difficulty, I'd invite you to go back and do Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons for gear.

When did you need to do easier difficulties for the legendary questline? The drops are shared between difficulties so you didn't need to do it on easier difficulties if you could kill it on heroic ... so im confused. We did normal for about 2-3 weeks then we didn't need to do it anymore because we caught up on Heroic.

Also why does it require you to do LFR for the artifact weapon? Pretty sure the world gives artifact power so there is no reason to do older raids.

All your bitching just sounds like your personal problem, and not the game.

You can, just like you could in BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP and WoD.
    If you're relying on LFR that much just to get to the next difficulty, I'd invite you to go back and do Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons for gear.
    LFR is the easiest way to get caught up on the legendary, which you need in order to do Mythic. I'm obviously not doing LFR for gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    When did you need to do easier difficulties for the legendary questline? The drops are shared between difficulties so you didn't need to do it on easier difficulties if you could kill it on heroic ... so im confused. We did normal for about 2-3 weeks then we didn't need to do it anymore because we caught up on Heroic.

Also why does it require you to do LFR for the artifact weapon? Pretty sure the world gives artifact [power so there is no reason to do oldier raids. Raids just give it the ilvl boosts and that socketed stuff so if your killing stuff in higher difficulties you won't need to do LFR.

All your bitching just sounds like your personal problem, and not the game.
    I don't have a guild, and in order to apply for one I need gear + legendary. I left the game and tried coming back several times, but was met with nothing but a boring legendary questline. I just want to be able to raid without having to deal with it like it was in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about the grindiness, I've raided mythic (and heroic when it was the highest difficulty) in the past and I didn't mind it at all. What I do mind is if I ever leave the game and decide to come back, I'm pigeon holed into doing LFR to get caught up on the stupid legendary questline until I can finally be up to par to join a raid guild. It becomes so boring and burns me out to log in and see nothing but my garrison and the same raid on the easiest difficulty, and then maybe if I finally get my legendary, oh boy I can do that same raid I've already seen a million times on the highest difficulty. No thanks.
    Oh, you're talking about WoD.
    Um...wait for Legion?

- - - Updated - - -

LFR is the easiest way to get caught up on the legendary, which you need in order to do Mythic. I'm obviously not doing LFR for gear.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have a guild, and in order to apply for one I need gear + legendary. I left the game and tried coming back several times, but was met with nothing but a boring legendary questline. I just want to be able to raid without having to deal with it like it was in the past.
    This late in the game, you're better off just joining a more casual guild and goof around in heroic difficulty till Legion.
    As for you not wanting to do a certain "thing" in the game and complaining about how it prevents you from overcoming guild requirements, you should probably redirect your thoughts to those guilds and teams.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, what? You believe that catch up mechanics were better before?

When?

Oh, you're talking about WoD.
    Um...wait for Legion?
    Unfortunately with class order halls and artifact weapons I'm skeptical it won't just be the same thing again. Class order halls just look like more garrisons to me, and look pretty required. And artifact weapons I'm sure if you leave the game you will have to spend a bunch of time getting caught up just like the legendary questline.

All of this doesn't exist in Legion, Artifact power is obtained outside of raiding (maybe inside raiding too, idk).

Unfortunately with class order halls and artifact weapons I'm skeptical it won't just be the same thing again. Class order halls just look like more garrisons to me, and look pretty required. And artifact weapons I'm sure if you leave the game you will have to spend a bunch of time getting caught up just like the legendary questline.
    If this stuff didn't exist there wouldn't be anything to do after you started raiding, which is the ENTIRE problem with WoD, that raiding eclipses everything.
    Last edited by Raone; 2016-06-06 at 07:46 AM.

I'm sorry, what? You believe that catch up mechanics were better before?

When?
    Wrath and Cataclysm. You stepped into heroic dungeons, got gear, and then stepped into raids. There were infinitely more people raiding around that time and it was a lot easier to find a raid guild around that time because of it. I have no idea why Blizzard decided it was a good idea to punish people who left and wanted to return to the game again, you'd think it would make more sense to make it easier for them as an incentive to return to the game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last reply from me. This thread is blah, and based on your post history, my replies won't serve anything.
    OT: I'd invite you to look at both sides of the table regarding the garrison/order hall argument as well as the way artifact power (AP) is gained throughout the expansion. There's plenty of threads here if you want to take a look.

Deleted
    Wrath and Cataclysm. You stepped into heroic dungeons, got gear, and then stepped into raids. There were infinitely more people raiding around that time and it was a lot easier to find a raid guild around that time because of it. I have no idea why Blizzard decided it was a good idea to punish people who left and wanted to return to the game again, you'd think it would make more sense to make it easier for them as an incentive to return to the game again.
    And how is it any different now?

The Legendary wasn't about for Highmaul in the same sense, BRF wasn't either really a big issue.

Only time it got really insane, was HFC.

Last reply from me. This thread is blah, and based on your post history, my replies won't serve anything.
    OT: I'd invite you to look at both sides of the table regarding the garrison/order hall argument as well as the way artifact power (AP) is gained throughout the expansion. There's plenty of threads here if you want to take a look.
    Well based on WoD I am skeptical if that will actually be the case, I hope you can understand that. They said a lot of things before WoD was released, like how garrisons wouldn't be required for raiding and such, so I'm still just going to "wait and see" with Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

And how is it any different now?

The Legendary wasn't about for Highmaul in the same sense, BRF wasn't either really a big issue.

Only time it got really insane, was HFC.
    I'm talking about if I wanted to return to the game right now, as I am not currently playing it.

Deleted
    I'm talking about if I wanted to return to the game right now, as I am not currently playing it.
    Well, yeah, i get that, but that's a very specific situation. That is to the point of where everything has been nerfed with some % nerf, Mythic has been cleared by a lot of people who are not "Mythic" material, and people grow elitist by the fact of that Legendaries help, but it's baddies that need that much leverage.

So, aim for Legion, Current content is not relevant nor easy to get into.

This thread is just a massive shitpost from you OP. You are so full of shit.

This is "infinitely" true in WoD. If you began the expansion, did the heroics and then the raids you would be in the same position as you were in these other expansions. Blizzard didn't all of a sudden decide to "punish" players for leaving the game in Mop or WoD. If you decided to leave what gives you the right to be on the same level as someone who has been playing right through? We are you so fucking special? Instead of having a bitchy little cry, why don't you get into LFR where you belong and get your fucking ring?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Wrath and Cataclysm. You stepped into heroic dungeons, got gear, and then stepped into raids.
    Unless you were coming back to ICC as a Paladin / DK / Warrior. "Oh you don't have Shadowmourne ? Sorry we are going to take someone else."
    Unless you were coming back to Firelands/DS as a caster. "Oh you don't have the legendary staff ? Sorry we are going to take someone else."
    Unless you were cming back to DS as a rogue. "Oh you don't have the legendary daggers ? Sorry we are going to take someone else."