Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I could see 3 hops in 5 minutes triggers a 30 min debuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukramo View Post
    We can, they just need to limit it to the zone of the leader only.
    Yes, please.

The whole "oh, you are phased across all zones" is stupid as hell. This would still help people who want to play with their buddies but limit the fucking 3000 people joining any chance they get.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the way Rift does it. You can swap server by clicking your portrait, no need to join any groups. Would let everyone go wherever they wish and stop annoying everyone else.

Lots of complaining over what is really a non issue. For your convenience you want to shit on the convenience of others. What makes you special?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been sitting here for half an hour to get 2 people for Shadowmourne Blood Infusion, paying 2000g per person. During that time 100 realm hoppers have applied and then cancelled due to not auto invite. This is absurd!

Its so annoying to get a "people want to join your group BUT NOT REALLY!" Make it stop Blizzard.
    Why not write "nohop" in your group description, rather than complaining here? All addons I know of, respect that..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

LFG should only work in instances, not open world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    realm hopping should be punished when you jump over 3 time in a 1 min frame you are then banned for 10 mins or so this would help
    That's a bad solution. How many times have you joined group for Kazzak only to find that he's not there? It happens a lot, often several times in a row. Your solution would punish players who joined bad groups.

Better to simply not phase players who are not in same zone as raid leader. Maybe make it an option that is automatically enabled, so people who prefer to make realm hopping group could uncheck that option.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a big annoyance (those who abuse it of course see no problem) and I do hope Blizzard changes the way it works by only enabling swapping zones if you're in the same zone as the group/raid leader. 90% of the groups on the group finder can't do the thing they're made for, since all you get is realm-hopping kids who want their precious stuff. (And most of the time it's people from high populated servers who do this too. If you pick a high populated server at least live with the downsides too of harder to farm resources/rares and stop abusing lower populated servers for it).
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    If you play on a high populated realm you should suffer the few minor drawbacks like rares and old world bosses being dead all the time.
    I saw some good suggestions like limit it to leaders zone.
    I personnally thought about not getting any loot on the other realm, but that would screw up world boss groups.
    So maybe they can make it that you can get only loot from another realm if the leader has tagged the mob you killed.

Deleted
    what i find annoying about realm hoppers is when im using the LFG tool making a group for something, and people constantly sign up / join the group and leave instantly, makes forming an actual group such a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Well we wanted CRZ
    No, nobody wanted that.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    You can fix that by not allowing a person to join more than X amount of groups in Y amount of time. For normal people who use it to get legit stuff done it wont be a problem, but I guess it can solve realm hopping spammers, right?
    Shut up old me, realm hopping is great!

How to stop Realm Hopping: Quit being an idiot and turn off Auto-Accept

Fixed your fucking problem jesus.

7+ Year Old Account
    heres a thing... dont want realm hoppers on your group? dont make it auto invite, banm, i realm hop alot as i am on a dual server meaning its rather populated, plus out in the world... and mine only ever brings me into open only groups... unless i customly set it to ask groups for invites, and most dont as those invites take too long
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

They just need to make it so you only get transferred to the person inviting you if you are within ~200 yards of them. Simple fix that would stop the server hopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post

Doesn't stop it fully though, it just means you have to manually invite them (assuming they meet your requirements) and then they still leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post

That won't work. I made a SoO Mythic transmog run yesterday (like every weekend) and I kept getting people who signed up, joined and left 1 minute after. After I whispered them asked what was up they just said: realmhopping. That won't solve the problem.
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2016-06-06 at 12:35 PM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

It can be annoying, but on the other hand Tanaan would have been even more horrible without it.

I have been sitting here for half an hour to get 2 people for Shadowmourne Blood Infusion, paying 2000g per person. During that time 100 realm hoppers have applied and then cancelled due to not auto invite. This is absurd!

Its so annoying to get a "people want to join your group BUT NOT REALLY!" Make it stop Blizzard.
    I agree. it is annoying. You should face some form of 24 hour ban from logging into the game if you join a group and leave less than 10 minutes later.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

It promotes undesirable play, but it's also the only way to level the playing field that CRZ has ruined. Given I'd prefer much much less CRZ in general (as it's helped absolutely nothing in the old world and is only by invite in current expansion) but that'll never happen - I will continue to do it.

I'd prefer blizzard fixed the fucked up mess that is CRZ, but I recognize it's a shit workaround.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    No, nobody wanted that.
    Some players wanted higher populations.
    Look at the occasional demand for mergers.
    You can't dictate that nobody wanted something because you didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.