Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I win most of my Temples of Anubis under 2 minutes whenever I attack
    I have an hard time defending though

Most of the time point A is being taken almost immediatly and then everyone ults on point B and it's over
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-06-06 at 07:16 AM.

Defending Anubi is pretty easy given how bottlenecks are positioned, but it's not impossible to win. Usually a Pharah/sniper can get rid of those nasty turrets, keep your eyes open for Symmetra as it's pretty effective.

But it's not really hard to win as attackers. Coordination.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, hell we managed to get the "You've been probed" spray as a team.
    (Take the capture points without dying) It's an individual achievement, but we all got it
    edit: Was duo-queued at the time
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    if your team is struggling, change heroes to counter the enemy.

so many people pick a hero and stick to it all game, which is silly.
    Hi

On Anubis my problem as an attacker is always A. It's pretty difficult to get past the choke point when the enemy team has Bastion-Mercy-Reinhardt combo and a sniper or 2.

When it comes to B, it always seemed quite easy to attack. Multiple routes that allow flanking, small area to defend and a narrow corridor that allow your team to just throw ulti after ulti. Just swap that Genji for Reaper, Widow for Junkrat and you're set as the attacker.

I've lost on offense. I've won on defense. I've lost on defense. I've won on offense.

Once your team shuts them down, have the tanks bully the spawn doors and spam their spawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

This is what kills me (figuratively) on a daily basis.
    I have no issues switching a dozen times a game if the situation calls for it, but rarely does one person switching turn the tides.
    Reminds me of my favorite quote I heard in ROTC back high-school (jesus, that's 13 years since I've graduated)
    "It's hard to remember when you're up to your ass in alligators, that you're there to drain the swamp".
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've won on attack and lost on defence.

During beta everyone complained about it, but as it went on people learned how to deal with it and it ceased to be a problem.
    They've also changed the map, opening a new path at the chokepoint. The map is completely fine now imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Won and lost it.
    B can be tricky if you are up against Bastion/Torbjorn with interlocking fields of fire, but generally attacking it is a case of just rushing with as many ultimates as possible.
    Once you get them off the point it's fairly easy to hold even into Overtime.
    A is actually very easy vs randoms because the defenders are so busy tunnel visioning the archway with their turret modes that you can just fly over the wall and flank / snipe them.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

No team. 3 Widowmakers is not a counter to the enemy team!!
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, yes?

Quite a good few times, actually.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    If map knowledge is equal, then the team with the better management of their skills and counterplay will win. The advantage of the defenders is there, but if you don't trickle in and score the first few kills in a joint attack.. and fucking have a support to pave over the cracks in your teams healthbars, then the defenders will usually lose.

Frankly, picking the right support tends to win and lose games right then and there during Anubis. There's no time to repop and run back when there's 4-6 people dancing on your point same as losing people on the push makes the attackers hold get really tenuous.
    Last edited by mmoc6b4d512d6a; 2016-06-06 at 08:17 AM.

Many times actually. We are playing with a friend - he is tanking, I am healing and we win it more then 50% times.

Deleted
    Flanked with Bastion, GG.

Anubis is the best map out of the 3 bad maps.

Hanamura is easily a shittier map and much more in favor of defense.

1:16, fastest time I have on Temple of Anubis attack. Yes it is hard at first to win as attack, but you can win if your team knows how. You team needs to be able to both flank and push effectively, utilizing the kill feed to know when to push hard and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    B can be tricky if you are up against Bastion/Torbjorn with interlocking fields of fire, but generally attacking it is a case of just rushing with as many ultimates as possible.
    A good Tracer/Pharah can and should deal with that situation, if they are standing at places where they cannot be sniped by Wm/Hanzo.

Anubis isn't that hard to win on attack. The first chokepoint is tricky, but once you get past that, the point is easy as pie to take. The defenders just can't get to point A in time.

Defenders respawn very close to point B, but point B is pretty vulnerable to co-ordinated pushing with ults, there are no less than 3 viable angles of attack for heroes with any type of movement, and many heroes like Bastion, Torbjorn and snipers will have trouble setting up properly. Explosion ult heroes like D.Va and Junkrat have an extremely clear shot, too. It's not the easiest point in the world, but it's definitely not the hardest to take. I honestly think that the last point in Volskaya is harder on attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but it is rare, same with Hanamura, but Volskaya isn't so bad. If you're not one for voice chat, the 'Group up' and 'My ultimate is ready' emotes are absolutely invaluable. That goes for players on voice chat if some team members aren't as well. It's like half the co-ordination you need in two button pushes.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    They've also changed the map, opening a new path at the chokepoint. The map is completely fine now imo.
    That certainly helped!

Even pre-changes it wasn't unwinnable though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've won on attack and lost on defence.

During beta everyone complained about it, but as it went on people learned how to deal with it and it ceased to be a problem.
    The map was actually different at once point during closed beta and they changed it and now its a lot better.
    The wall gap on the left (when you are attacking) used to have a wall there so only heroes who can go vertical could get over now theres just an alleyway.

Edit: nvm someone beat me to it, should learn to read the whole thread before posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.