10+ Year Old Account
    Someone I was talking to is hellbent on asserting that Arya is battling against her own identity and she in fact actually stabbed herself. Pretty out there for me to subscribe, but I do think something fishy is either going on with her or the writing is actually so terrible for her part of the show that it's actually impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    What is this "Dinnerbowl" that some ppl mentions? Please do spoil for me
    The fabled Mountain vs Hound fight many have been clamoring for.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Someone I was talking to is hellbent on asserting that Arya is battling against her own identity and she in fact actually stabbed herself. Pretty out there for me to subscribe, but I do think something fishy is either going on with her or the writing is actually so terrible for her part of the show that it's actually impressive.
    Yeah read that too from another guy in the thread. In some ways it makes sense, since that girl with the faceless man who hates Arya is extremely non-existant in any other way. She isn't established in any way, we know nothing about her, she just showed up there suddenly. I mean sure, maybe that's because she's a faceless, but she always felt really off to me, like she wasn't a real character.

Really not something I expect to happen, and not sure I would like it if it was, but it's a fun theory nonetheless.

Isn't that cleganebowl? Or is it the same thing?

No, that's Cleganebowl.

I think Dinnerbowl is the rumored killing of all the main characters at King's Landing other than Cersei (and I'm guessing Qyburn and Gregor as well) at a dinner and in the ensuing burning of the city. Or maybe I'm missing something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

There is this "theory" of the Waif actually being an "illusion" and she's actually fighting herself. Won't look for it but the theory is somewhere (with the explanaion of the scenes where Jaquen the Waif and Arya are all in 1 scene). We'll see how it turns out next week.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Slow episode action wise, but I was riveted by the performances all around.

-I'll be sad if we don't see any more Olenna this season; I love watching her put Cersei in her place. I'm very interested to see what happens in the Cersei/Tyrell/Faith Militant conflict. As disarming and shrewd as the High Sparrow is, should we assume he thinks Margaery is trying to play him? (Edit: yes we should- his threatening of Olenna was uncharacteristically overt, and clearly meant to test Margaery's loyalties)

-Also, I have a serious love/hate relationship with the High Sparrow. Not quite as strong as the love/hate with Cersei, but close- I just love Jonathan Pryce in that role

-Bronn, Blackfish, Baby Bear- badasses

-I didn't think the Theon/Yara scene necessarily had to be there, but Theon in a brothel was just priceless

-Safe to assume Sansa was writing to Littlefinger? He definitely put himself in a position to be needed by her.

-I didn't figure I'd be so excited over Sandor Clegane, but I surprised myself on that one
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2016-06-06 at 11:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was surprised to see the hound again, and how quickly ian mcshane was written off.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    No, that's Cleganebowl.

I think Dinnerbowl is the rumored killing of all the main characters at King's Landing other than Cersei (and I'm guessing Qyburn and Gregor as well) at a dinner and in the ensuing burning of the city. Or maybe I'm missing something...
    Cool theories, but why the fuck does everyone insist on calling every damn theory "Bowl"? What does the word bowl have to do with anything? Are the Cleganes going to be bowling? Will they be eating dinner out of bowls?

I really don't get this. Idk. I'm triggered

Deleted
    The Hound, yes! One of the best characters in the shows, I'm glad he's back and can't wait for him to chop some heads off.

Can't wait to see the Mountain tearing off Lancel Lannister's face next week

I imagine some people have thought of this before, but I think that House Tyrell is doomed. So far, the great houses of the Seven Kingdoms have all had a change in leadership (among other issues) except Tyrell

-Starks have lost Eddard and Robb
    -Iron Islands have lost Balon
    -Tullys have lost Hoster, and Edmure is a prisoner
    -Jon Arryn died just before the series begins; Robert is a sickly child
    -Lannisters have lost Tywin
    -Baratheons have lost Robert. And Renly. And Stannis (in the show). And Joffrey.
    -Doran Martell is dead in the show

The Tyrells, however, are still headed by Mace (officially) and Olenna (actually).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    why the fuck does everyone insist on calling every damn theory "Bowl"?
    Americans tend to refer to contests as "Bowls" (term from American Football- Super Bowl, Rose Bowl, etc.)

We also tend to refer to all of our scandals as "-gate."

Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    Cool theories, but why the fuck does everyone insist on calling every damn theory "Bowl"? What does the word bowl have to do with anything? Are the Cleganes going to be bowling? Will they be eating dinner out of bowls?

I really don't get this. Idk. I'm triggered
    Not a 'Murican myself, but if I had to bet, I'd say this comes from Superbowl... You know, an immensely hyped event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted

31 seconds in.

Looks like Zombie Mountain is gonna get some killin' done.

The theory with Arya and the Waif reminds me a little this (long forgotten it seems) theory about Tyrion imagining Varys, anyone remember? Looks like it was a miss.

Well, that was a waste of Ian McShane...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    All I kept seeing was Pirates of the Caribbean when I saw him, so I'm kinda glad he was killed off. As great as he is, I think he was already too big of an actor to join the cast.
    Do you see the dude from pirates instead of High Sparrow aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    Do you see the dude from pirates instead of High Sparrow aswell?
    I see the James Bond villain though.

Deleted
    No. I don't think he is as big as an actor (or his name) compared to Ian McShane. He's also less recognizable.

It's kinda, like, if Tom Cruise joined the cast. He'd be too big for the show and it would distract from the story. McShane has been in quite a few Blockbuster hit movies, so it's hard, imo, to not see that when cast in a role like this.
    Did you see Ned as Boromir?

Not really, no. He's a great actor, but he seems to be in quite a few low-rated movies. LoTR was really the only big Blockbuster movie I can recall him being associated with during his time on GoT. And even in that franchise, his part wasn't that big.
    Goldeneye?

Just game to think of it, both Eddard and the High Sparrow was previous bond villains. While there has been a lot of bond movies, those odds aren't that high anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    -Safe to assume Sansa was writing to Littlefinger? He definitely put himself in a position to be needed by her.
    I reckon that according to the trailer of next week's episode, she's writing to the Blackfish, since Brienne presents him with a piece of paper. Jaime saying he'd let him go and spare his men bolsters the Stark army.

How can a woman f**k the tits of another woman ? This is more of a puzzle than Bran time traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I reckon that according to the trailer of next week's episode, she's writing to the Blackfish, since Brienne presents him with a piece of paper. Jaime saying he'd let him go and spare his men bolsters the Stark army.
    Brienne left for Riverrun like 2 episodes ago. So it cannot be the same piece of paper.