Thread: Beta invites

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    i don't mind the one post posters, its just the people posting screenshots or selfies that are taken in front of their garrison mailbox.
    There are legitimate 1 posters who may add to this community... but the majority are people/bots creating accounts to stuff their chances at winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    There are legitimate 1 posters who may add to this community... but the majority are people/bots creating accounts to stuff their chances at winning.
    My exact feelings on the matter.

And sadly I feel that those who have <10 posts come the end of the giveaway shouldn't be considered because it's obvious they don't intend to join the MMO-C community.

Looks like I was pretty accurate in my estimate.

We'll have about 11,000 contestants. Not know how many are duplicates, I'll assume that's the real number.

With 500 keys, that presents about a 5% chance, or 1 out of every 22.

Really pretty good odds, considering.
    No beta yet, I'll keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kordhel View Post
    You're talking about me! I come to this site about every day and read through the forums constantly. However, harmless conversations seem to turn toxic very quickly in some threads so I choose to just lurk instead participate.

Every day since the beginning or end of may? Im guessing somewhere around the 30th of may when the current beta contest started...
    Seeing as the account you're posting from was created May 2016 im assuming you are either talking out of your behind or this is another account
    you created to have a bigger chance of winning a beta key.
    Last edited by Appelgren; 2016-06-06 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWPyxis View Post
    Looks like I was pretty accurate in my estimate.

We'll have about 11,000 contestants. Not know how many are duplicates, I'll assume that's the real number.

With 500 keys, that presents about a 5% chance, or 1 out of every 22.

Really pretty good odds, considering.
    If you don't win because of the "ballot stuffers", update us on how you feel.

When are the contest winners announced for week 2?

I think the official wishpond blizzard giveaway is supposed to end tommorow or something aswell?

It's unlikely that we will know, unless their name is sldftqewradsgh.

Either way, 1:22 is better odds than anything I've entered up until now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    I think the official wishpond blizzard giveaway is supposed to end tommorow or something aswell?
    They said through 2359 CEST June 7th, but they also said that they would handout the winners within a week, so may be a while unitl we see results.

It was in the official rules.

They also said If you reside in the States of North Dakota, Vermont, Connecticut or Maryland in the United States, or the Province of Quebec in Canada, you are not eligible to participate in this Contest.

I don't know what that crap is all about.
    No beta yet, I'll keep trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebadhunter View Post
    I dont think it would necessarily destroy the release hype, it would only happen like that if you let it happen like that I feel, I currently main a hunter, as I have for the last 9 years or so, and I've had beta since the first wave of invites, and I've stayed away from playing a Hunter, and everytime I go through the zones to level to 110, I find it being more fun each time I go through it. Maybe because I love the lore based within each zone, that might just be me.
    This is how I am...as someone who mains playing a Shaman healer I decided to make a Demon Hunter. Lo and behold...I really freaking love playing Demon Hunter. I think that since my guild (which is slowly building up for Legion's release) has a sudden influx of people playing healers and tanks I'll be changing my main for the expansion to a Demon Hunter. For me I enjoy playing in the beta as I get to test the systems as well as test out what I want my main character to be. This is the first time I've really gotten to do it with WoW. Except for MoP I'm fairly beta-less usually.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Chaud stated in the giveaway thread on this forum that they're doing manual work to remove people trying to cheat. Already 300-something DQ'd. Results sometime tomorrow maybe.

Link: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post40735892

10+ Year Old Account
    When is Blizzard doing there next big wave? I think there has only been one and that was when beta first begun

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007p View Post
    When is Blizzard doing there next big wave? I think there has only been one and that was when beta first begun
    They did two separate waves Friday early and late afternoon.

lol I have 6 accounts, all of them with WoD, and 1 with Legion, and not one was flagged. Each on a separate Log in. I am not fated.

Deleted
    still waiting for week 2 info

7+ Year Old Account
    They are still checking through the posts for duplicate entries etc and should be finished later today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by magette View Post
    They are still checking through the posts for duplicate entries etc and should be finished later today.
    I hope so! Need to get my teeth stuck into that beta

I would like to wish you, and myself, all some very good luck today. I've got hopes for this giveaway and the 5.2k keys Blizzard is giving away within the next week via Wishpond. I probably won't concern myself with any further giveaways unless they're through WoWhead, MMO-Champion, or Blizzard.

That being said, for anyone not up to date, the team is currently working towards filtering duplicate entries. The last time we heard from Chaud was that he was expecting "late today" (6/7/2016) for completion and distribution of the keys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    They did two separate waves Friday early and late afternoon.
    source?

/10char

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaddon View Post
    source?

/10char
    Just check back in this thread, alot of people reported getting flagged on friday.

Yeah I got flagged on Friday, got no email for it though.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895