Page 60 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been having way way way more consistency with yogg druid than with yogg mage. I really liked my yogg mage deck. Initially I was doing very well, but as time went on it would seem like if I didn't get flamewaker in my first 5 cards I'd just get eaten alive by aggro...which is a majority of the ladder it seems. There would also be many a game where yogg and tony would be in the very bottom 5 cards of my deck and I've done all I can to stall out with ice blocks and frost novas.

Fast forward to yogg druid. Probably the 2nd best class for spells after mage. Good mix of direct damage and board clears. Better draw. Ability to armor up and heal. Win condition with savage roar if you have a few bodies up...made easier with mire keeper and violet teacher. And then you still have yogg for the come from behind / sebukku finish. Which unlike the mage yogg seems to help me more often than kill me on the druid. Eh go figure...having way more fun this way.

playing at the start of the season is fucking annoying. Lost straight 6 games in a row...3 C'Thun warriors stacking armor to nirvana and 3 facerolling shammies...

Guess ill just play again casual for a week until the decks mix up a little.

The last game was to a mage who basicly lost the game with 3 hp and no cards left, then dropped Yogg and healed full, pulled cards, destroyed all my board, got 2 secrets...yeah fuck that shit...

Just a very bad day for HS, should have play HoTS

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    My Tirion and Sylvanas seem to have a hidden battlecry - "Put an Entomb into your opponents hand"
    And Entomb seems to have an extra effect of making me tempted to throw my keyboard out the window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do Warriors have a secret ability where they can guarantee Fiery Win Axe to be in their hand from the start? Can't remember the last time i played against one that didn't use that card on turn 1 (with coin) or 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    Do Warriors have a secret ability where they can guarantee Fiery Win Axe to be in their hand from the start? Can't remember the last time i played against one that didn't use that card on turn 1 (with coin) or 2.
    On one hand, there's RNG, and on the other hand, most warriors will toss their entire opening draw to fish for a FWA because it's so good.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

On one hand, there's RNG, and on the other hand, most warriors will toss their entire opening draw to fish for a FWA because it's so good.
    Yet I can struggle so bad to get a mana wyrm when playing mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    I don't know but it's the same thing for priests and shamans with their stupid clerics and troggs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    I don't know but it's the same thing for priests and shamans with their stupid clerics and troggs.
    Turn 1 Cleric is actually a stupid play 90% of the time, unless they have a PWS or SWP to protect it on turn 2. Or vs a Hunter where you absolutely must get something on the board ASAP. The risk of it dying to an opponents 2-drop or being picked off by a weapon etc is too great - priests desperately need Clerics to actually draw, because they have nothing else outside card-stealing.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Turn 1 Cleric is actually a stupid play 90% of the time, unless they have a PWS or SWP to protect it on turn 2. Or vs a Hunter where you absolutely must get something on the board ASAP. The risk of it dying to an opponents 2-drop or being picked off by a weapon etc is too great - priests desperately need Clerics to actually draw, because they have nothing else outside card-stealing.
    Yeah I know totally. I still see cleric in most games on turn 1 or 2 with coin. I've started experimenting with just not even bothering using resources to clear it. Let him draw his damn cards while I build my board. We'll see how it works...

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Is it just me or are there C'thun counter decks all over the place... >.<
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Is it just me or are there C'thun counter decks all over the place... >.<
    Didnt encounter any tbh. Maybe its because i play 90% against Cthun decks...

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Didnt encounter any tbh. Maybe its because i play 90% against Cthun decks...
    I must be getting them via luck of the draw then. :|
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account

You know i had my hopes up when i had 30 HP, 20 Armor and stole his C'thun that i would win, but nope. Went to fatigue and all i had was N'zoth left which did give me a full board but he then played a minion and Brawl (which he won) and that was it, game over.

I really do hate Warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to try some new standard Face Hunter for the first time in ages. First two games both had Reno at the right time, what can ya do?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Decided to try some new standard Face Hunter for the first time in ages. First two games both had Reno at the right time, what can ya do?
    Get bested by chemotherapy?

I have officially renounced ladder play. I am sick to the back teeth of the same 4 decks that you know by heart and always lucky.
    I miss playing against secret paladins. It's that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Chemojackson at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Get bested by chemotherapy?

I have officially renounced ladder play. I am sick to the back teeth of the same 4 decks that you know by heart and always lucky.
    I miss playing against secret paladins. It's that bad.
    It really depends on what rank you're playing at. Some ranks are more diverse than others. Between rank 13 & 10 the most frequent decks I saw were C'Thun Druid, N'Zoth Rogue, Face Shaman, Yogg Tempo Mage, & Control Priest. Then you would sometimes run into less common decks such as Pirage Aggro Warrior, Totem/Evolve Shaman, C'Thun Warrior, C'Thun Priest, & Zoolock.

Deleted
    I think Tuskar Totemic's battlecry was changed to "summon a Totem Golem or Mana tide totem" and nobody was told.
    The card is busted.

So, the state of the game is that now mages can just cast every frostbolt and fireball to the face and ignore minions and still win? Great...

I've played about 20 Standard games these last two days. The matchups were about as follows:
    1 Warrior
    1 Druid
    1 Hunter
    5 Shamans
    The rest - Warlocks. That's about 10 Warlocks during my two day's worth of play. All of them run the same build with Giants and a bunch of small minions.

Why, for the love of Zombie Jesus - whyy.