Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It made maaany grinds, he'll anything much easier. Would hate to see it gone.

Use it all the time...say im lvling....no mobs up/quest items....hop to another realm finish quest.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    So I just came back from a almost year long break and the first thing I noticed... the LFG tool is extremely broken now because people abuse it like crazy and Blizzard also still has not fixed a realm hop exploit that has been around since they introduced this tool (you can stay on another realm without staying in the group).

Maybe it's time to give players a debuff/cooldown of some sort so that whenever they accept a invite they can't instantly leave but have to wait a few seconds and to queue again they also have to wait a few seconds, this would only be a minor annoyance but would get rid of the exploit for one. Another addition would be to introduce a limit in how often you can actually get accepted into a group within 10 minutes, there is no reason why you should be able to realm jump unusually often.

Any thoughts what Blizzard should do, or maybe not do? The LFG tool is a godsend, but the extreme realm hopping going on is really annoying and I can't see Blizzard to keep it this way maybe they even fix it in Legion? Doubt they will fix it now, but honestly.. they should do it now, something needs to happen to make it a bit less annoying.
    This is a clear example of someone worrying about something that has no issue, yet finding an issue with it just for the sake of creating a post on a forum. Who gives a flying fuck?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    This is a clear example of someone worrying about something that has no issue, yet finding an issue with it just for the sake of creating a post on a forum. Who gives a flying fuck?
    You know a different opinion is also possible. And the fact people do give a fuck shows there is a problem, else we'd all agree on this topic, which I don't see happening.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Some players wanted higher populations.
    Look at the occasional demand for mergers.
    You can't dictate that nobody wanted something because you didn't.
    CRZ is nether of those. Its like asking for player housing and getting garrisons.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    You know a different opinion is also possible. And the fact people do give a fuck shows there is a problem, else we'd all agree on this topic, which I don't see happening.
    I see it more being people not minding their own business, sorta like the annoying neighbor always complaining about everything
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Realm hoppers do not slow down fill progression for raid groups, it is still the same x amount of players that would have stayed in the group anyways. For five mans, however I can see the frustration in constantly requeueing, because the fifth keeps leaving. The simple solution is tick off auto accept like others have said in this thread, because addons filter auto accepts to join.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Some players wanted higher populations.
    Look at the occasional demand for mergers.
    You can't dictate that nobody wanted something because you didn't.
    They wanted realm mergers not ghosts on other servers stealing their shit.

I don't see how someone dropping group from another realm is any more annoying than someone from your realm dropping group which would happen all the time during BC in the pre-groupfinder days. LFM Shattered Halls, guy joins, inspects someone, drops group, repeat for 2 hours until you finally had a group of 5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    CRZ is nether of those. Its like asking for player housing and getting garrisons.
    yeah and everytime we got something better instead

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    You can fix that by not allowing a person to join more than X amount of groups in Y amount of time. For normal people who use it to get legit stuff done it wont be a problem, but I guess it can solve realm hopping spammers, right?
    Yep. I would do it via an escalating cooldowns and decay timers. Every time you leave a group, the cooldown increases. This would be indicated on the premade tool or a debuff.

- After the first time you leave a group, 0s cooldown. You can join another group right away. This timer resets in 5 minutes.
    - Second time, 20s cooldown, as a little warning. 5 min reset.
    - Third time, 5 minutes. 10 minute reset.
    - Fourth time and more, 10 minute cooldown with a 15 minute reset.

Note for the last one, that means you joined and left 5 groups in under 30 minutes. That's a lot, if you aren't hopping.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-06-06 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they'd return the ability to list yourself where groups can pick people as well, rather than apping to a bunch of different groups then watching as they are either timed out or declined

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Like that would stop them. Try to create a group for Rukhmar. Every time I do so, I get minimun 200 different people before I have a full (30-40) group.

It is extremly annoying.
    That may be, but the good far outweighs the bad. While it may be a mild nuisance for world bosses, being able to find pets, mounts, and other rares on my high pop server would be impossible without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    That may be, but the good far outweighs the bad. While it may be a mild nuisance for world bosses, being able to find pets, mounts, and other rares on my high pop server would be impossible without it.
    Not at all. What they should do is eliminate the annoying/abusive behavior by adding cooldown timers or a zone-limit to hopping, and then tune spawn/droprates for rare stuff so people can get them without borderline-exploiting cross-server groups.

Realm hopping is the best thing to ever come out of the shitty cross-realm feature.

I no longer have to wait for days or weeks for that rare mob to spawn on my server. I no longer have to go around town and beg for someone to drop a Blingtron 5000 so I can repeatedly not loot the final Decoded Message for Inspector Gadgetzan....

As someone who does not form groups, I see only benefits to realm hopping. I can understand the frustration that group-makers might experience, but I would be lying if I said I wanted it to change. I don't, and I'm not sorry.

the only solution is to just turn off auto invite and ask people to whisper you if they need to join.

I made a daily group just to test realm hoppers, it took me 15 mins to finish the daily and all I got are realm hoppers, like 30 realm hoppers or even more. This is getting ridiculous.

15+ Year Old Account
    This will only stop if blizz makes it so u can only kill and get loot from rares/world bosses/etc on ur server

Wonder how big percentage of realmhoppers are looking for different things, gon assume most might be camping Gall/Oondasta lol
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Require the people to whisper you if they want to join. You shouldn't take them for face value only as in if they want to join they should show more interest than just clicking a button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    How to stop Realm Hopping: Quit being an idiot and turn off Auto-Accept

Fixed your fucking problem jesus.
    This is how I thought it worked, so I guess i don't see the problem here. If I'm hopping realms for whatever reason, rares, pets whatever I'm not going to apply to groups that are not auto-invite, and I certainly wouldn't apply to a group that said it was for something else.

If you don't want people hopping turn off auto-accept. Or am I completely wrong about how this works?

10+ Year Old Account
    the people using mods are going for auto invite only groups, but yeah there are some dumb tards that actually queue for groups because they want to do it slowly for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I could see 3 hops in 5 minutes triggers a 30 min debuff.
    Yes please. It's a pain in the a finding a rukhmar group now.

I cannot for the life of me understand people who put "no realm hoppers" in their auto-accept garrison raid group. What does it matter to you afked in your garrison if someone hops to your realm? I don't get it.

I basically never have the time to realm-hop, but if I put up my garrison for auto-inv I always specify "realm hoppers welcome" so that my listing comes up if someone searches for 'realm' or 'hop'. But specifically putting "no realm hoppers" ( for a garrison trader group ) seems like such a butt-hurt thing to do. I don't get it at all.

And I guess now I understand those weird Kazzak groups that refuse to turn on auto-accept so we sit there for 10 minutes filling. (Easier to leave and start your own group and auto-accept for 1 min to fill...even with those -- gasp! -- realm hoppers who only stick around for 5 sec anyway until they see the mount isn't up)
    Last edited by des1235; 2016-06-06 at 11:44 PM.