Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Does it really affect you in any way, shape or form? No? OK, then move on.

Also, as long as this was worked on by a new team that wasn't currently working on anything else in WoW and other Blizzard games I am fine with it. I won't use it, since I use Twitch for streaming.. but still not bad.

If someone got pulled from a project that would have added other content into WoW, SC, Diablo, etc.... then this is bad.
    If it takes resources away from other things it affects everyone.
    Like the twitter integration I have no plans on using Facebook either.
    That being said WoW is on the down side of the hill and, seemingly, will never be the king it used to be -- they have to justify that expanded team *somehow* considering HFC is (roughly) on par with SoO and they obviously didn't "learn" anything from the >1 year patch cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    you guys have something bad to say for everything it seems lol poor you.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    The text you quoted from me was not about Facebook Integration. It was about gender-neutral clothing in the Sims.
    Apologies, must have missed something tl;dr

Thank you Blizzard for working on stuff that is actually important.

Patch 7.1 confirmed.

Much content

Deleted
    A already feel it when pissing: Legion will be my last xpac.. gonna invest that 50 bucks for a last time.. stay subbed for a few months. Level up 110. do all Dungeons 30 times, have full 15-20 evenings of raiding, get into PVP a bit more if it doesnt suck to much after the pruning, get the flying achievement, explore the world.. unsub and uninstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    /Headache.
    10 characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahha I love it. WoW is at its lowest of lows ever and they decide this is a good use of their time. I guess the bright side is they're actually saying something. I've never seen MMO-C so devoid of news like I have this year. Blizzard used to be king of communication. They used to talk to us about everything. Ever since they stopped talking on personal Twitter accounts and made Warcraftdevs it's all been down hill. It's a shame.

Also lol facebook. Why not twitch is beyond me.

Bullshit.

/10chars

I was coming to see who made up this joke, sadly it was Blizzard.

Why can't I hold all this content?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Sometimes, Blizzard...
    Sometimes it's like you want to give bitter people ammunition to use against your priorities.

So Blizzard and facebook is going to be challenging twitch... interesting. Then again what about this only 1/3 of you friends list see's your posts, how will this effect this....

Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    Because this question keeps coming up I'm deviating from my standard single response to a topic.

To make this as simple as possible:

- facebook needs more data to sell to advertisers, to make more money
    - there is a limit to how many new users facebook can ensnare through peer pressure/referrals
    - facebook sees gaps in it's data 'what are people doing when they aren't working/sleeping/on facebook?'
    - facebook pays off a company with a large enough userbase of people that engage in something that takes time
    - facebook gets more data to sell to advertisers

Again this is a really simple breakdown, but just keep in mind facebook's never ending goal is creating ever more accurate data on what you do within the day, so they can sell that increasingly accurate information to advertisers, who want to send you increasingly personal and targeted advertising. Every move facebook makes is to get more or better data to sell to advertisers. As far as business goes it's a win-win, Blizzard get money, facebook get more of your information, the loser is the consumer and their eroding privacy.
    The Facebook API gives their partners a window into their users as well. Don't forget what Blizzard gets out of this:
    -What other games are their players playing that aren't Blizzard games?
    -What are their hobbies outside of Blizzard games and games in general?
    -What are their interests, their causes?
    -What/who are their social connections?
    -What do they buy?

Deleted
    I really wish we had a "Like" button for the comments section on MMO-C posts, there are so many good ones here! I am having the time of my life reading

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    It IS good. It can bring new players to the game.
    Can't wait to play alongside ardent Facebook gamers, bring on the World of Watered-down-craft

More hacked accounts incoming

Who the heck asks for these useless features. First was twitter integration now this. I bet it costs us a raid tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    Can't wait to play alongside ardent Facebook gamers, bring on the World of Watered-down-craft
    At this point with the sub numbers this low I'd say the "beggars can't be choosers" saying applies.

This really seems like a step in the wrong direction for account security, and a step in the right direction for streaming. I'm conflicted, but I feel like the cons outweigh the pros here.