Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    Everyone I've ever played with has said they would never link their facebook with a gaming account. Obviously very anecdotal, but are there people that really really want social media integration? Personally, I see gaming as a personal thing. It's great when your real life friends share your passion, but I see facebook as more of a platform to stay in contact with people that you don't interact with on a daily basis.
    No point in rioting over an optional feature. You don't like it, you don't use it.

I actually can't wait to fill my feed with shit from WoW / D3 so that my friends/family who regurgitate unresearched political/relgious memes will be annoyed.

nope do not care. i keep my game, social and important accounts linked to different emails for a reasen.

A feature I will never use and do not think the game needs in any way. Blizzard is trying to find more ways to spread the game to a larger audience and this is one more bad idea on that bad idea pile.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Everyone I've ever played with has said they would never link their facebook with a gaming account. Obviously very anecdotal, but are there people that really really want social media integration?
    I'm always a bit bewildered by people who seem to want to hide their gaming habits. I was even in a guild with one person who would alt-F4(in the middle of a boss fight no less) when his parents would come visit, which is pretty funny for a guy marring and living in his own house.

Back when I worked in an office, I use to have my Cube wall decorated with various gaming pictures and posters, mostly Counter-strike back in the day. Since I was a solid worker I wasn't viewed as a slacker and for my 31st birthday they even bought me a Cake with the Counter-Strike Phoenix terrorist on it.

People post their work out hobbies, their sports hobbies, and everything else. So why wouldn't people who are big into a video game post their gaming habits. I should point out that I don't do Facebook, but if I did, I don't see why I would use it to some regard if reference to my gaming lifestyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I'm just not really sure what this brings to the table. Facebook integration, much like the Twitter integration is... Well, fairly pointless from the outside looking in. All it does is narrowly reduce the amount of time it would take to do any of the things they are integrating by mere seconds if you're even semi-avid with computers.

To me, all this looks like is pointless pandering and corporate deals, as well as a questionable use of resources at best.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I dont care and wont use it, but....

I think it is a very good tool for streamers/youtubers. blizz gets a lot of free marketing from these people and allowing them to integrate posts straight from the game is a lot less work and money for blizz, than lots of ad campaigns and staff that eat up money that could be used on development.

i use everything but facebook /palm

Blizzard logic: Let's produce less content, fewer raid tiers, and instead dedicate those resources to integrate more social media fad bullshit! I mean sure it lowers the quality of our game even further and numbers are dwindling rapidly, but rather than improving the quality maybe if we just get everyone to advertise for us to all their friends on facebook we can get more players and money again!

Also I bet they were working on this FURIOUSLY to try to get it out before the warcraft movie for extra hype train. Use the game to try to hype people for the movie, use the movie to try to hype people for the game, blast ALL of it all over facebook. They must be so sad they missed that chance.

Also i'd love to see how many people still use twitter integration. Aside from the sheer ridiculousness of it that made it fun to use at first to be ironic, I can't imagine anyone actually getting any mileage out of it anymore.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Everyone I've ever played with has said they would never link their facebook with a gaming account. Obviously very anecdotal, but are there people that really really want social media integration? Personally, I see gaming as a personal thing. It's great when your real life friends share your passion, but I see facebook as more of a platform to stay in contact with people that you don't interact with on a daily basis.
    I still play WoW, but most of my friends don't, and play other games, but still always watch my twitch stream. A lot of the time I'll take little FRAPS snipits, save them, convert them to small vid file, and send them in group texts and we'll have a laugh, albeit takes "time"(not much) for me to open file, convert, send etc. I no longer see me doing this for they can just watch on FB when its live. Step in the right direction for fun peer-to-peer involvement and cutting out some of the third party stuff like Twitch, FRAPS, conversion software. Happy camper.

i dont care about twitter or any sort of social media / gaming merge.. the only thing that is cool is twitch anyways for that sorta stuff

I didn't even have a Twitter account when Twitters for integrated. I got a Facebook account since day 1, and still 0 interest in using it for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    I actually can't wait to fill my feed with shit from WoW / D3 so that my friends/family who regurgitate unresearched political/relgious memes will be annoyed.
    I might actually do this now, great idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm always a bit bewildered by people who seem to want to hide their gaming habits.
    I'm sure there are some people want to hide it. I for one could care less if people know or not, I'm just not one to put all that stuff up on my feed. But if other people want to do, good for them. I just don't want it clogging up my feed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    its already been developed and being added later this month lol
    Ooh, so I guess huge features like this (like the Twitter integration + selfie cam) means the patch will be absolutely monumental to WoW. I wonder what else we'll get? A selfie stick?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't care and probably will never use it. It's understandable why Blizzard would want to do this though on a strictly business level. The acting out that is everywhere in this thread is tiresome but completely expected. Constant bitching about inconsequential things is something that apparently uses up a significant portion of brain capacity.

I use Facebook for keeping in touch with people and if a useful Facebook group grows out of this will likely join it. I'm not invested in puffing myself up with "I don't use social media sites" although a few people that I've seen complaining about this are the very same people who complain about the game not being social enough. Whatever floats your boat. If you don't have a Facebook account then complaining about it is moronic. If you aren't playing the game any longer, the same. Nonetheless, there's nothing about this that is interesting except for the streaming piece and an opportunity to perhaps get in touch with a few more people who are playing via social media.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-06-06 at 06:06 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    I love this.

Personally, not for me, but as long as it is optional, no big deal.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I hate social media, so no. It'd be a waste of development time anyway.
    It's not really. Some people can and will use it. and share stuff. When they do, free publicity for Blizzard. That's the prime reason why anyone does Social Network integration, free publicity from users.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    This post encapsulates the MMO C community. "I don't care about this feature therefore nobody cares about it, *punctuate statement with stupid exaggeration*"
    Actually, it's not such a stupid exaggeration since we have the precedent of the Twitter patch that got us Twitter integration, SELFIE and new blood elf model. And they advertised it as a major patch.

Not even slightly. As long as i don't start getting 'Sign up to Facebook' emails i don't care.

Deleted
    i'm actually ok with this.