Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Serious now people are fighting over a dev is using influences from one of their games in another...especially given the fact that alot of them are good ideas. Are you people five? Yes I'm going to say it...its a game if your panties are in bunch over it don't play it...but don't hang around forums just to bitch about it either.

So borrowing stuff from other games is bad? Literally EVERY GAME borrows from other games ... if it works who cares? if it makes the game better who cares? if it adds more content to the game who cares! Ugh I hate it too, adding more content, especially considering it worked so well for diablo.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know where i can get archived D3 forum posts where everyone complained about it being too similar to WoW?

But seriously, aside from the legendaries, I don't mind any of these changes. Some of them (transmog especially) really should've been implemented in WoW long before D3. For all we know D3 as a single player or small party system, might have just been a testing ground for some of these features.

I'm kickin' back and enjoying the "toldja so"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    So borrowing stuff from other games is bad? Literally EVERY GAME borrows from other games ... if it works who cares? if it makes the game better who cares? if it adds more content to the game who cares! Ugh I hate it too, adding more content, especially considering it worked so well for diablo.
    It shows a lack of creativity when you lift so many things from another game produced by the same company.
    What's communicated to me is that they're going to the "What do we got?" bin because they're trying hard to give WoW more longevity; and since it worked for D3, they think it'll work for WoW.

It wouldn't be a problem if what they were changing/adding actually worked for WoW. I don't think it does. Particularly the expanded randomness on loot and changes done to most specs. Some specs are more interesting; but the majority are much less so, and in allegedly trying to push spec/class identity, they ended up doing the opposite to most specs.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

Quote Originally Posted by Sosoulsu View Post
    It shows a lack of creativity when you lift so many things from another game produced by the same company.
    What's communicated to me is that they're going to the "What do we got?" bin because they're trying hard to give WoW more longevity; and since it worked for D3, they think it'll work for WoW.

It wouldn't be a problem if what they were changing/adding actually worked for WoW. I don't think it does. Particularly the expanded randomness on loot and changes done to most specs. Some specs are more interesting; but the majority are much less so, and in allegedly trying to push spec/class identity, they ended up doing the opposite to most specs.
    Loot isn't anymore random its the same drops as its always been it just has a chance to be better, how is that a bad thing?

How are specs less interesting? I found every spec to look more interesting and flavored with far more animations to go with it.

Also WoW has borrowed heavily from Diablo in the past, I mean it was literally a Diablo MMO when it first came out with the talent trees and gear stats and gear color (green/blue/purple etc). So them borrowing now is bad but borrowing heavily from EQ and Diablo in the past is okay ... every game borrows ideas from other games, its nothing new and until it hits live no one will know if it works or not but honestly I prefer Legion challenge modes over the current ones anyday.

Loot isn't anymore random its the same drops as its always been it just has a chance to be better, how is that a bad thing?

How are specs less interesting? I found every spec to look more interesting and flavored with far more animations to go with it.

Also WoW has borrowed heavily from Diablo in the past, I mean it was literally a Diablo MMO when it first came out with the talent trees and gear stats and gear color (green/blue/purple etc). So them borrowing now is bad but borrowing heavily from EQ and Diablo in the past is okay ... every game borrows ideas from other games, its nothing new and until it hits live no one will know if it works or not but honestly I prefer Legion challenge modes over the current ones anyday.
    Loot having a random element has always been true with WoW. An item could refuse to drop for weeks and weeks. If it's a key item like a trinket, your performance suffers noticably, and those sub-3% wipes feel way worse.
    Another element of randomness is just expanding this situation across every item in every tier. It also makes boss tuning less accurate, because they have to be tuned across a wider spectrum.

The animations are separate from how specs play. Overall, I like the animations.
    This is a more personal note, but aside from Guardian Druid, Shadow Priest, and Marksmanship Hunter, I feel like every spec that received rotational changes is worse off than before.
    Particularly egregious examples being Windwalker, Blood, and Arcane; special mention to Death Knights due to their resource system (best in the game) getting gutted.

WoW borrowed heavily from Diablo, AND several other games through the years. Generally, the borrowing has been the best parts of those games. WoW goes for wide appeal, and that's why it's stayed at such high numbers through the years.

I don't think the changes being made toward a Diablo 3 style are suited to WoW. If people think they are, then it's not a WoW I want to play; and I think the (unofficial ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) census numbers will speak for themselves.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

the bad thing is that Diablo give you infinite shots to improve gear you fire the game and nothing prevent you to farm to your heart content you can do it in a group or solo and nothing prevent you to do so, wow on the other hand has lockout, require a guild, require a raid etc basically you don't have the freedom to do what you want and when you want that is the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Can we just take a moment to discuss what exactly "works" in Diablo?

Diablo 3 is built around farming, endless farming to get through what is an insurmountable amount of RNG; meaning the RNG is stacked so high that there is no foreseeable "end."

WoW is already pretty much there. There are most likely legitimately a few players in the entire world that can say they are honestly BiS after nearly a year of farming the same content. So increasing the variance in loot won't really serve the purpose of "extending" the farm, because the farm is already longer than even the longest lifetimes of any WoW patch. What it will accomplish is further widening the gap between "lucky" and "unlucky" players. Thats it.

Furthermore; does RNG actually "work" for Diablo? The seasons do a really good job of bringing players back to the game every few months. At the same time, the game has terrible player retention. I think the statistics show most players quit within a few weeks of returning for a new season. So if Diablo 3's loot system fails to keep players playing, why does anyone think it would work in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Sosoulsu View Post
    Loot having a random element has always been true with WoW. An item could refuse to drop for weeks and weeks. If it's a key item like a trinket, your performance suffers noticably, and those sub-3% wipes feel way worse.
    Another element of randomness is just expanding this situation across every item in every tier. It also makes boss tuning less accurate, because they have to be tuned across a wider spectrum.

The animations are separate from how specs play. Overall, I like the animations.
    This is a more personal note, but aside from Guardian Druid, Shadow Priest, and Marksmanship Hunter, I feel like every spec that received rotational changes is worse off than before.
    Particularly egregious examples being Windwalker, Blood, and Arcane; special mention to Death Knights due to their resource system (best in the game) getting gutted.

WoW borrowed heavily from Diablo, AND several other games through the years. Generally, the borrowing has been the best parts of those games. WoW goes for wide appeal, and that's why it's stayed at such high numbers through the years.

I don't think the changes being made toward a Diablo 3 style are suited to WoW. If people think they are, then it's not a WoW I want to play; and I think the (unofficial ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) census numbers will speak for themselves.
    Items have always been like that though, low chance. Also they balance raids around basic gear without warforged/sockets/the other stuff (During raid testing they set an ilvl for everyone's gear). The bonus stats are exactly what they say they are, a bonus to make the bosses easier over time but raids aren't balanced around them (Like the Legendary Ring/Valor Upgrades) so if you get them they help but you don't "need" them. And to use your example, if a key item isn't dropping that gives you that needed damage (trinket/weapon) it can now be found elsewhere outside of the weekly chance since Mythic+/World Quests have a chance to get an item that is almost as equal ... while before all you did was have to pray each week for disappointment (Never got my haste trinket from Megaera after killing it every week since it was released, so I feel that pain D: )

I'm not on the beta so I was curious about the class changes, hopefully over the last couple of weeks they will improve it as they are already revamping a lot of the talents (sorta).

I like world quests, gives a reason to go out there in the world. I love the new Mythic+, gives challenging content for the smaller group sizes (those who miss 10m "mythic" raids) which is sorely lacking since MoP.
    Last edited by Raone; 2016-06-06 at 06:42 PM.

It's kind of sad, Diablo 3 was awful but the expansion was even worse. Never have I played a game that goes from being really fun to unplayable and boring within 8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Mmyeah...I was kinda excited for Legion due to the class overhauls, but all these other changes sound like shit.

If I wanted to play D3, I'd play D3, Blizzard. A lot of these D3 things that they're copypasting into WoW are things that I kinda hated about D3. Random drop legendaries are obnoxious, considering the fact that many builds require certain legendaries to function properly. And massive differences in ilvl are annoying because you get a cool drop and then you can't use it because it's not Ancient and has shitty stats.
    This ^, particularly this, v
    If I wanted to play D3, I'd play D3, Blizzard.
    Personally in Diablo 3, I killed over 150K elites, did 3 seasons, and I returned to wow because there was NO content in Diablo.

what saddens me, is that in the content we wait for in Legion, intense grinding ala Diablo is 90% sure to be meant to count as real content. It is not. Grinding over and over again the same dungeons is not content. Sure we will be busy now...but partially by doing the same dungeons over and over again.

Waiting for the world quests though, and class quests, these should be nice, on the other hand.

Items have always been like that though, low chance. Also they balance raids around basic gear without warforged/sockets/the other stuff (During raid testing they set an ilvl for everyone's gear). The bonus stats are exactly what they say they are, a bonus to make the bosses easier over time but raids aren't balanced around them (Like the Legendary Ring/Valor Upgrades) so if you get them they help but you don't "need" them. And to use your example, if a key item isn't dropping that gives you that needed damage (trinket/weapon) it can now be found elsewhere outside of the weekly chance since Mythic+/World Quests have a chance to get an item that is almost as equal ... while before all you did was have to pray each week for disappointment (Never got my haste trinket from Megaera after killing it every week since it was released, so I feel that pain D: )

I'm not on the beta so I was curious about the class changes, hopefully over the last couple of weeks they will improve it as they are already revamping a lot of the talents (sorta).

I like world quests, gives a reason to go out there in the world. I love the new Mythic+, gives challenging content for the smaller group sizes (those who miss 10m "mythic" raids) which is sorely lacking since MoP.
    is that really a bonus? Back when is started playing wow item had fixed stat, sockets, you know where you could hunt for that item and everything was good, now you do a raid and need to go on a simulator to determine if that piece is an upgrade or not, sockets have become a surplus and last you maybe the lucky star of the week winning lot of gear only to discover that it's not an upgrade over what you already wear.
    To me this is crap i want back old loot tables and old stats, or in alternative give me the same freedom as diablo.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I forgot raids, dungeons, arenas, and battlegrounds are all from Diablo III too, and in no way are part of World of Warcraft. Thank you for enlightening me! /s

All of these are good things. Wow got stale. Now its changed up.

So can we look forward to the PVP tail wagging the PVE dog again now? Pity. Marginal component of the MMORPG platform is marginal.

Legion is on life support mode, while trying to look "cool".
    pricey outdated pixelated content for and outdated game never felt so cool
    Oh, and yeah, the game feels like diablo - a few skills to use and you cannot change your equipment in combat (why?)
    Last edited by normiegonnanorm; 2016-06-06 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I forgot raids, dungeons, arenas, and battlegrounds are all from Diablo III too, and in no way are part of World of Warcraft. Thank you for enlightening me! /s
    You completly missed the point...

Mythic+ for instance, is 100% coming from Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    is that really a bonus? Back when is started playing wow item had fixed stat, sockets, you know where you could hunt for that item and everything was good, now you do a raid and need to go on a simulator to determine if that piece is an upgrade or not, sockets have become a surplus and last you maybe the lucky star of the week winning lot of gear only to discover that it's not an upgrade over what you already wear.
    To me this is crap i want back old loot tables and old stats, or in alternative give me the same freedom as diablo.
    It is a bonus, there is still gear with fixed stats and sockets (threw JC), you know where to hunt for them and there all good and what the game is balanced around. Just now those items can be better and gear that wasn't good could be good, its extra. You hunt for certain gear and sometimes that gear is better then what its suppose to be or items you didn't think were good could be better. The other day mythic council dropped the warforged mythic version of the trinket with a socket, a boss we've killed many times and DE everything just to get to gorefiend and suddenly it has an item a lot of people want/could use to improve raid dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Mythic+ for instance, is 100% coming from Diablo 3.
    Yes because scaling dungeons in a group of five players is 100% Diablo III. /s