Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    so question.

I sw the movie for the second time today now that i know the story so I could see the 'extras' dotted around and take in the visuals etc.

Is Medivh Garona's father in this story? from the conversation they had in the tower about him loving somebody strong once but having to leave..combined with well, him being the only human powerful enough to have GONE to draenor? could it be that in this cinematic version he is garona's dad?
    We don't know. It's hinted possibly. Dialogue and exposition like in that scene is probably not for nothing with all the cuts that were made. It is probably a thing that can be explained in the sequel(s) and we all go "ah it's so obviously thrown in your face here".

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they do more on screen locations for the sequel. Looking at the behidn the scenes stuff all the outside stuff was inside a studio, is it cheaper to do it that way or would it be cheaper to be on location a'la LotR?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    A big factor in the tracking is the non-existant presales. Very few people have bought tickets as of yet.
    Doesn't predictions take on account the review coming from the country ? If that's the case, this sure is lowering the projection. And in this case those projections doesn't mean anything.

So did warcraft break the record of FF7 or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Er... yes? I haven't spoiled myself too much about Legion, but according to Wowpedia, he was.

I thought this was about Chronicles? Not everything that's in that book is supposed to be known in Azeroth, and I'm not sure what does Alodi have to do with it. I'm probably missing something here.
    I was talking about the "From light comes darkness, from darkness light." motif that appears in the movie and is said by Alodi. That spilled over into a Chronicle discussion through trying to explain how much sense the saying has within the Warcraft universe. But yes, I have issues with that being said by anyone in Warcraft and even more so by a mage who shouldn't have a clue about it. That's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chosenone1 View Post
    So did warcraft break the record of FF7 or not?
    I'll get back to you on that as soon as I invent time travel.

I mean in China presale my bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I mean in China presale my bad
    I believe it has

just saw the movie, and while there are tons of stuff to bitch about, i'll only state the biggest: too fkin short.
    it needed 1 more hour

so question.
    Medivh tells that himself before killing Moroes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I was talking about the "From light comes darkness, from darkness light." motif that appears in the movie and is said by Alodi. That spilled over into a Chronicle discussion through trying to explain how much sense the saying has within the Warcraft universe. But yes, I have issues with that being said by anyone in Warcraft and even more so by a mage who shouldn't have a clue about it. That's all.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll get back to you on that as soon as I invent time travel.
    The Naaru talk about it often...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadline Article
    No doubt the film skews male, but it is expected to move beyond gamers in China. If it reaches critical mass at open, it should continue to have momentum above the initial rush. A key factor in bringing girls and women into the multiplexes is local heartthrob Daniel Wu who starred in last year’s hit, Go Away Mr Tumor.
    Can you hear it? The beat of a thousand tachycardiac hearts. A thousand female Chinese teenagers fainting at the site of Gul'Dan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDayne View Post
    The Naaru talk about it often...
    I get it. The Naaru have nothing to do with current events on Azeroth and have never been in contact with anyone on Azeroth as it is in the movie. Certainly not humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    so question.

I sw the movie for the second time today now that i know the story so I could see the 'extras' dotted around and take in the visuals etc.

Is Medivh Garona's father in this story? from the conversation they had in the tower about him loving somebody strong once but having to leave..combined with well, him being the only human powerful enough to have GONE to draenor? could it be that in this cinematic version he is garona's dad?
    That's not how I interpreted that scene, I thought he was giving her advice on how to proceed with Lothar... giving himself as an example of what not to do...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I really hope they do more on screen locations for the sequel. Looking at the behidn the scenes stuff all the outside stuff was inside a studio, is it cheaper to do it that way or would it be cheaper to be on location a'la LotR?
    Its cheaper to do in a studio when half the cast is CGI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Hmm. I guess the transition is just a bit sudden for me. We went from completely not knowing the details about stuff like this, to certain mages on Azeroth somehow knowing something that completely doesn't concern them. I donno, eh, I guess I just don't like the whole saying because it's very cliche and is literally all over the place in fantasy.
    Like it or not, the dualism between Light and Darkness is quite strong in Warcraft, in almost no lesser capacity from how Star Wars handle the Bright and Dark sides of the Force.

This said, Alodi's statement is probably more a reference than anything else. After all, Fel and Void aren't strictly related. On the other hand, Fel and Arcane fit a dualism by themselves, in a way. And with Alodi being a mage and all...well, ya got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Saw the movie again, I don't know why but it felt so much better, no pacing problems at the beginning of the film, my cousin enjoyed it very much but he didn't like the ending when I asked him why he told me that Lothar should know that Garona isn't a traitor I think he liked humans more)))
    Btw when Lothar is in the prison and he yells at the guard doing a gesture at him and the guard is polymorphed, then he looks at his hand with a face expression "WTF" , didn't saw this when I watched it first time

10+ Year Old Account
    http://variety.com/2016/digital/news...ks-1201789460/
    Already haters in comments section haha

Fuckem, the more they hate, the more I love the movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Like it or not, the dualism between Light and Darkness is quite strong in Warcraft, in almost no lesser capacity from how Star Wars handle the Bright and Dark sides of the Force.
    The dualism between the Light and the Dark in Star Wars is at the very core of that franchise. There is no other mystic element there, there is only that. They keep going on about it. The dualism between the two in Warcraft is an element here and there when you look at the paladins/priests and the undead/warlocks. And besides that, you can find as many dualisms in Warcraft as you like. Light and Dark, Holy and Undead, Fel and whatever (could be Holy as well, could be something else), Chaos and Order, and on it goes.

Point is, this Light and Dark business is made to be some sort of most important dualism in the world of Azeroth when it simply is not. I mean, there isn't even any reference to the Light and Dark in the movie, there's no Holy magic going on, and instead of Dark we have Fel. Which could be the same thing, but we know they're not. At the very least, if they simply meant to reference the dualism between Gul'Dan and his evil (The Dark) and the forces of good, the humans (the Light), then they should've used different terms, because these really conflict with the established universe. Especially when they're spoken by a mage. If it was spoken by Faol in the next movie, I'd probably have no issues with it.

To be honest, I don't understand what's the point of a character about whom even 90% of the fans of the game know nothing telling Khadgar about his destiny through such vague, fantastically cliched ramblings - I can easily see people simply being weirded out by this scene due to them, well, not knowing literally anything about the character.

Deleted
    In the middle of all this, we lost focus on one major important factor. Warcraft is the best and most faithful video game adaptation ever.

People like to talk "it's a movie of the fans", but isn't that the point all along? Isn't the reason of the video game "curse" the fact that almost all video game movies don't respect the IPs (Super Mario and Uwe Ball, I'm looking at you)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    In the middle of all this, we lost focus on one major important factor. Warcraft is the best and most faithful video game adaptation ever.
    Yes, whether it will bring a lot of cash or good reviews from critics, it is official: it is the best video game adaptation