Because vanilla d3 was at least a game

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    "Fuck that industry"?
    This is gold.

Bout time he's gone.

Bye Felicia

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    More trouble in Camelot.

Sooner or later there won't be enough influential people at Blizzard for it to remain "Activision-Blizzard" and continue to function "autonomously" and Blizzard games will become just like the rest of the disposable titles Activision mass produces.
    except this is the guy that everyone wanted to leave.

no-one is saying the ship is dying here, we're glad the cancer has gone.

he fucked up diablo 3, WHICH SOLD 10M+ BECAUSE OF DIABLO 2, not because diablo 3 was an amazing game.

just like blizzard could release WoW 2 that would sell 10m+ doesn't mean its a good game, quality =/= quantity.

Nothing of value was lost.

Oh, obligatory "fuck that loser".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    To be fair, this was said about GC too and a large portion of people want him back. I had my ups and downs with GC, but I always felt his desire to communicate openly clashed with Blizzard's internal policies leading to some really awkward outbursts, perhaps due to not spending enough time crafting communication while still trying to get important messages out there. I can probably count on one hand the amount of truly offensive things GC said compared to the wealth of wisdom he has shared, most of which came after he was free to talk openly after taking the position at Riot.

Fortunately, Jay Wilson has never had the intelligence or game design chops to be able to provide such a useful role for people to want back. Good riddance.
    Gc was better than jay "fuck that looser" wilson

Quote Originally Posted by normiegonnanorm View Post
    diablo 3 players already begging wilson to return
    No it wasn't. There was nothing to do besides farm gold to buy gear because getting an actual upgrade was 1 in a trillion since they designed it to drop garbage so you'd buy it with gold, or with real money which is what blizzard wanted. And once you had that gear there was nothing to do anymore anyway
    Last edited by Video Games; 2016-06-06 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    To be fair, this was said about GC too and a large portion of people want him back. I had my ups and downs with GC, but I always felt his desire to communicate openly clashed with Blizzard's internal policies leading to some really awkward outbursts, perhaps due to not spending enough time crafting communication while still trying to get important messages out there. I can probably count on one hand the amount of truly offensive things GC said compared to the wealth of wisdom he has shared, most of which came after he was free to talk openly after taking the position at Riot.

Fortunately, Jay Wilson has never had the intelligence or game design chops to be able to provide such a useful role for people to want back. Good riddance.
    Can we please not compare GC, and Jay Wilson. Jay Wilson tried takng credit for D3 having the most sales in VG history when it was D2's legacy that made that happen, while GC just was confident in his design.

Two very different kinds of "full of himself."

10+ Year Old Account
    As activision wrings its hands... "Soon™, soon™ it will be ours as fortold by the prophecy!"

Quote Originally Posted by normiegonnanorm View Post
    diablo 3 players already begging wilson to return
    vanilla D3 was just unfinished, legendaries that we're ultra rare, but 99.9% useless? you could farm for 1k hours and find no max level legendaries and no useful ones, wtf is that crap?

it was farm ilvl 61/62/63 yellow loot simulator.

Thought someone was taking the piss when I read that, too good to be true. 6/6 16 will always be a day I will cherish for the rest of my life. Miracles really do happen!

And not a single tear was shed.

Goodbye you franchise ruining buffoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

normally i don't care at all for posts like this. but for this one i can make an exception...

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!

Looking forward to Jay Wilson tweets landing on the front page of MMO-C and threads asking if he should be rehired by Blizzard to fix the game.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    except this is the guy that everyone wanted to leave.

no-one is saying the ship is dying here, we're glad the cancer has gone.

he fucked up diablo 3, WHICH SOLD 10M+ BECAUSE OF DIABLO 2, not because diablo 3 was an amazing game.

just like blizzard could release WoW 2 that would sell 10m+ doesn't mean its a good game, quality =/= quantity.
    D3 was developed by an indie Developer, Jay Wilson?

Gee, i didn't know. Creds to him having solely made the game, tho. I mean, that's pretty damn impressive.

vanilla D3 was just unfinished, legendaries that we're ultra rare, but 99.9% useless? you could farm for 1k hours and find no max level legendaries and no useful ones, wtf is that crap?

it was farm ilvl 61/62/63 yellow loot simulator.
    Long winded way to say vanilla D3 was dog shit.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post

Gee, i didn't know. Creds to him having solely made the game, tho. I mean, that's pretty damn impressive.
    game director means nothing i guess, just a helpless pawn in blizzards evil plan.

also he personally said fuck that guy, to one of the diablo 2 designers, without diablo 2 jay wilson doesn't have a diablo 3 to fucking sell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Long winded way to say vanilla D3 was dog shit.
    some parts we're ok compared to rift simulator RoS we have, but it just felt like beta, and it took months more work to finish it.

Is this the guy who brought all the RNG stuff from D3 to WoW?

Deleted
    game director means nothing i guess, just a helpless pawn in blizzards evil plan.

also he personally said fuck that guy, to one of the diablo 2 designers, without diablo 2 jay wilson doesn't have a diablo 3 to fucking sell.

- - - Updated - - -

some parts we're ok compared to rift simulator RoS we have, but it just felt like beta, and it took months more work to finish it.
    It's a team effort.

And you wanna compare that one comment, compared to the amount of shit the Collective forums have to say?

Almost 6k posts on MMO-C, and you trying to pull some shit about him being a toxic guy? Alright, m8

Not every game dev wants to go and make a game, bad game, on purpose to sell it to more casuals
    Jay was very good at that tho

It's a team effort.

And you wanna compare that one comment, compared to the amount of shit the Collective forums have to say?

Almost 6k posts on MMO-C, and you trying to pull some shit about him being a toxic guy? Alright, m8
    heard of the phrase the captain goes down with his ship?

oh no team QQ whatever i can only assume you're his family member or something lol, everyone hates him but you just have to love him, it's ok i understand.