Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Watch it, Dwayne Johnson 2024
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    An economy can completely collapse and the President can stay in place...they are not mutually exclusive.
    That's true, but I'm not talking about a collapse like before. I'm talking more like "the country just fell apart because our president is as smart as a piece of broccoli and killed foreign relations with the entire world" type of deal. The kind of collapse where people start starving and rioting in the streets.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    The only reason I think it will be later than sooner is because the government loves to work on borrowed time. Still it's coming there is zero doubt about that. I mean come on we quite literally a nuclear bomb in the student loan version of Cdos and that is only one part of 5 other issues (China goes pop, European banks, American middle/lower class purchasing power, millennial having asset issues and commodity prices worldwide are being bipolar) that are coming up that could just literally be the perfect storm.
    Perhaps, I mean I am usually a gloomy person so I tend to assume its coming sooner. If this pops off before the election I predict a president Trump, if After I predict a one term president whomever wins and a lot of social chaos.

I think the Student Debt thing is just the worst self inflicted crisis, of all of them its basically a needless slitting of our own wrists.

Once more I am a big believer that collectively "moods," can set in. As two highly unliked candidates via for the white house and people lose hope, I wonder if a sufficient portion will adopt that mindset enough to trigger problems in it of itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Perhaps, I mean I am usually a gloomy person so I tend to assume its coming sooner. If this pops off before the election I predict a president Trump, if After I predict a one term president whomever wins and a lot of social chaos.

I think the Student Debt thing is just the worst self inflicted crisis, of all of them its basically a needless slitting of our own wrists.

Once more I am a big believer that collectively "moods," can set in. As two highly unliked candidates via for the white house and people lose hope, I wonder if a sufficient portion will adopt that mindset enough to trigger problems in it of itself.
    I've said 2020 is like the Ulitmate showdown of Ulitmate destiny for politics for the next few decades. All of the old guard politicians are going to be retiring then, a new census will change the political map, this is the year when most states redraw political lines, we are overdue for a shift in politics for the parties (they evolve every 40-50 years on average) with very possible economic issues as we stated above,

The thing people forget is Millennial and younger gen x are now the people in control of the work force in 4 years and the Bedrock of politics the past 20 years are going to start dying off (older boomers are by far the most involved with politics of you can't tell by how politicians especially pander to them). A large group of these generations of whom didn't drink the supply side economics kool-aid and saw many high profile business scandals/crisis growing up (i.e. .com burst, Enron and co, 2008 crisis, possible student loan bomb going off)
    Last edited by akris15; 2016-06-06 at 05:56 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've said 2020 is like the Ulitmate showdown of Ulitmate destiny for politics for the next few decades. All of the old guard politicians are going to be retiring then, a new census will change the political map, this is the year when most states redraw political lines, we are overdue for a shift in politics for the parties (they evolve every 40-50 years on average) with very possible economic issues as we stated above,

The thing people forget is Millennial and younger gen x are now the people in control of the work force in 4 years and Bedrock of politics the past 20 years are going to start dying off. A large group of these generations of whom didn't drink the supply side economics kool-aid and saw many high profile business scandals/crisis growing up (i.e. .com burst, Enron and co, 2008 crisis, possible student loan bomb going off)
    The ground is noticeably shifting. I look at the successes of Bernie Sanders as a sign of that.

Hell, even Trump on some level is a sign that the ground is shifting beneath our feet, I just wish we would handle the crisis now before our back is to the wall and when we are most able to deal with them, but alas we won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    "The Most Electrifying Man in Political-Entertainment History"

Yeah I'd give that a shot, maybe. At least he's not batshit insane and a few of his movies are pretty good. That's a pretty good start, all things considered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    forever only if the end of the world happens on his inauguration.
    No, you see, the God Emperor from Warhammer 40k isn't a fictional figure, it's a prophecy about the coming of Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I think there's solid evidence from the primary that there's a major short-term realignment coming for the two major parties, and depending on how just how intransigent congress decides to be in the next 4ish years it could easily happen by the next presidential election. If it does then your question makes no sense, as there'll be no candidate that meaningfully represents the opposition party as it is currently defined even if the names don't change. If that doesn't happen? than yeah, it's basically a sweep for whoever loses this time assuming they can put up a demonstrably superior candidate.

VS John Cena ?

10+ Year Old Account
    A financial conservative with good, progressive social values? Sign me the fuck up. Plus no world leader would stand up to him cause he's built like a damn mountain

Oh the game is up. If you pay attention to any of the congressional primaries, which candidates are campaigning on as we speak, it's abundantly clear that there is change afoot. Insurgent dems are challenging establishment incumbents across the country with record levels of fundraising. For example, Sanders directly endorsed Tiim Canova, whom is running against DWS. In a few days, he had raised hundreds of thousands, which in a congressional campaign is regarded as a political upset. He isn't special, many candidates like him have been riding the populist wave to take hold of seats in the house and senate. The Warren wing of the dems are getting powerful. The ideological divide going on within the democratic party has been severely underplayed by the media. Come 2024, if not 2020 that populist anger will produce a candidate who is younger, savvier, more charismatic, and further to the left of Sanders. Sanders has mission accomplished. The reason he's running all the way to the convention, in spite of nearly zero chance of victory is because he's engaged the vast majority of millennials enough to end the apathetic streak. Historically speaking, if voters get politically active as first time voters, they tend to stay active.

Millennials and Gen-Xrs that were incensed by Obama 08, and with the record level of newly registered voters among younger millennials there is absolutely no way things will return to business as Usual in the following election cycles. The establishment knows this, and is panicking. It's unprecedented for the DNC to give the runner up candidate seat picks on the committee. Don't be surprised when anomalies result from the DNC convention in July. Clinton will likely be the nominee, but there will be unrest and/or concessions to the populist insurgence spurred by Bernie Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I don't think that's safe to say at all. I think Hillary Clinton is a pretty standard candidate. About as standard as they come, really. Which isn't to say a wonderful candidate, but hardly the monster people make her out to be.
    She has the the highest unfavorability rating of any democratic candidate in US history, only outdone a few points by Trump and her numbers are consistently tanking. She is NOT the standard candidate. She's the embodiment of how out of touch the establishment is with main street America. Unless Clnton does something BIG to change her numbers, Trump stands a good chance of being president in 2017. She's not stupid neither, she knows this. The dems only path to victory, is to embrace the populist wave enough to sate the rage of the masses. Without Sander's supporters, Clinton won't win the election.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    VS John Cena ?
    Cena for VP, I think. His movies aren't good enough to warrant a presidency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima22689 View Post
    She has the the highest unfavorability rating of any democratic candidate in US history, only outdone a few points by Trump and her numbers are consistently tanking. She is NOT the standard candidate. She's the embodiment of how out of touch the establishment is with main street America. Unless Clnton does something BIG to change her numbers, Trump stands a good chance of being president in 2017. She's not stupid neither, she knows this. The dems only path to victory, is to embrace the populist wave enough to sate the rage of the masses. Without Sander's supporters, Clinton won't win the election.
    Her unfavorability numbers are so high BECAUSE she's a standard candidate in an election cycle that's all about raging against the machine.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Cena for VP, I think. His movies aren't good enough to warrant a presidency.
    I see the Rock more as a republican candidate, and since Cena is already a meme on the internet I figured he might fit the Democrats better :P.

It's optimistic of you to assume there is going to be a USA in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima22689 View Post
    Oh the game is up. If you pay attention to any of the congressional primaries, which candidates are campaigning on as we speak, it's abundantly clear that there is change afoot. Insurgent dems are challenging establishment incumbents across the country with record levels of fundraising. For example, Sanders directly endorsed Tiim Canova, whom is running against DWS. In a few days, he had raised hundreds of thousands, which in a congressional campaign is regarded as a political upset. He isn't special, many candidates like him have been riding the populist wave to take hold of seats in the house and senate. The Warren wing of the dems are getting powerful. The ideological divide going on within the democratic party has been severely underplayed by the media. Come 2024, if not 2020 that populist anger will produce a candidate who is younger, savvier, more charismatic, and further to the left of Sanders. Sanders has mission accomplished. The reason he's running all the way to the convention, in spite of nearly zero chance of victory is because he's engaged the vast majority of millennials enough to end the apathetic streak. Historically speaking, if voters get politically active as first time voters, they tend to stay active.

Millennials and Gen-Xrs that were incensed by Obama 08, and with the record level of newly registered voters among younger millennials there is absolutely no way things will return to business as Usual in the following election cycles. The establishment knows this, and is panicking. It's unprecedented for the DNC to give the runner up candidate seat picks on the committee. Don't be surprised when anomalies result from the DNC convention in July. Clinton will likely be the nominee, but there will be unrest and/or concessions to the populist insurgence spurred by Bernie Sanders.

I agreed with much of what you said up until trump gets elected. Based on the electoral map and all the data we have collected so far (there is alt of data that he's actually not expanding the while voter base) trump has a very very hard hill to climb and with how he runs his mouth he is likely to lose voters at this point than gain him. Clinton basically start with 240 electoral votes l. For Trump to win he has to win Virginia, Ohio, Penn and Florida and then turn around and have to defend Arizona and maybe Utah (I still say the Mormons are going to throw their vote away to Johnson as a middle finger to trump). With all these situations going on I feel like Election Day is going to feel extremely anti-climactic when Hilisry wins Florida about two hours into the coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    It is safe to say that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are two of the worst candidates in U.S. Presidential history.

In 2020 do you think it will be simple for the challenger to unseat whoever wins between Hillary and Trump?
    Can't say until we see either of them in office. George W went two terms and I'd say he's arguably worse than both. Much less we haven't had a 1 termer since George H W Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Can't say until we see either of them in office. George W went two terms and I'd say he's arguably worse than both. Much less we haven't had a 1 termer since George H W Bush.
    And even then he should have won if it wasn't for somebody named Perot

And even then he should have won if it wasn't for somebody named Perot
    The only fair thing now would be if one of the defeated people goes independent another of the opposite side should. If Sanders runs independent, it'll mean Trump is pretty much going to win. If Cruz or someone does, then Hillary will win. If both of them ran, it would be fair although idk if Cruz had quite the following that Sanders does.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It's optimistic of you to assume there is going to be a USA in 2020.
    It's pessimistic of you to assume there won't be.