Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not seeing a problem really. Less junk is better.

Would clear a bit more if it were up to me.
    Butts.

As a Hpala I will probably have more buttons in Legion than currently on Live.

Another aspect of this is, picking only passives can make gameplay more complicated than picking actives. I mean you will have to keep track of every passive talent and how it changed your spell(quite a lot are procs) and react on it compared to simply pressing the button when its ready.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone is using 10+ button gaming mouse or is willing to make and master dozens of macros with modifiers.

If base abilities used during normal play can be bound to 1 to 5, Q, E, MB4 + F1 to F5 for CDs and pots, then it's ideal case for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Havoc DH Rotation feels fine even with a limited set of abilities. You have to consider that it's not just about how many abilities are there but how they feel when played. I can say that it feels VERY fun to dash through a group of enemies, Eye Beam, jump backwards, dash through again, and then Chaos Nova/whittle them down. That's only like 4-5 abilities but I can mix them up to create very fun game play. Add into that the ability to double jump and glide around a fight and you feel quite active.

I can't speak for other rotations yet, I'm going to try creating some other characters tonight...but I don't think the sky is falling like some would have you believe.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

How many of those buttons are left when you change out the shapeshifting things?

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Most of it wasn't junk. In Legion, all I've got is damage, damage, and more damage.
    I guess you're a damage dealing class/spec then? If you want something else, like healing, you roll a healer. Or if you fancy tanking, you roll a tank. If you fancy a bit of all, you roll a hybrid. Damage dealers do damage, that's what they're for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    How many of those buttons are left when you change out the shapeshifting things?
    Some of those abilities you're going to want access to at all times, though, like Dash, because it forces you into Cat form when you use it.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Worthless moba players detected

10+ Year Old Account
    So we get 5 x 12 bars standard in the UI (6 if you use addons) which is 60 buttons. Let's say the most extensive Specc has 30 buttons, which leaves you with another 30 to fill with what ? 20 mounts 5 toys and 5 professions ? Gosh my bars will be empty in Legion.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    10 buttons to press?

#toomuchformebro

WoW interesting so you just added another item in my "why I am looking forward to Legion list"...

Also LOVE LOVE LOVE the people that equate more abilities ALWAYS just automatically translate to more engaging gameplay....that cracks me up thinking that narrow minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    What do you mean? Are you talking about my post?
    We lose some form abilities, true, but they were (hardly - thrash a cloaked rogue?) used anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Some of those abilities you're going to want access to at all times, though, like Dash, because it forces you into Cat form when you use it.
    You can also cat->dash if you dont mind hitting 2 buttons or are short on binds, enterring cat doesnt trigger a gcd

Jin's talking about the default action bar, which changes depending on your shapeshift form for Druids, Stance for Warriors or if you're in Stealth as a Rogue.

So for example, a Prot Warrior can put Def Stance in their Gladiator bar and Glad Stance in their Def bar, since they'll never need to press the Gladiator button when they're in Gladiator Stance.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Gotta realise op said with PVP and PVE, cant use PVP talents/spells in PVE content.

so in pvp yes you will have a lot,

in pve its a lot less.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Jin's talking about the default action bar, which changes depending on your shapeshift form for Druids, Stance for Warriors or if you're in Stealth as a Rogue.

So for example, a Prot Warrior can put Def Stance in their Gladiator bar and Glad Stance in their Def bar, since they'll never need to press the Gladiator button when they're in Gladiator Stance.
    right.
    but usually you macro those forms with something else, a weapon swap maybe, or a spammable version ( /cast !bear form) so you dont shift out on the second click, so their presence on the bars is needed.

I think it's for the purpose of not overwhelming new players. The current system has pruned so much shit and it makes me really sad, but core mechanics of classes are hidden in passives and abilities that synergize, so it hasn't all gone downhill.

From my own emotional standpoint, I dislike spell reflect being a prot only/PvP talent, or DK's being highly immobile, or shamans getting their totems circumsized.

Looking at it from a bigger perspective, especially for players who are new to the game/the class, it gives them ample time to find out how the class works, read the tooltips, and come to conclusions about what would work the best. But I'm still gonna hit up that Icy Veins doe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Gotta realise op said with PVP and PVE, cant use PVP talents/spells in PVE content.

so in pvp yes you will have a lot,

in pve its a lot less.
    Cant speak for every class, but druids get one, two if you count trinket, more spells.
    im sure some classes get 2 and MAYBE 3 more actives. It's not a lot
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-06-07 at 04:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole "pruning" whine is baseless, everyone make it sound as if you are frikkin playing with two abilities in Legion. This is not true.